Training camp Day one Thoughts

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
My thoughts from training camp. today. from what I seen.

Wide outs..
Norwood is going to Kick ass, didn't drop a single pass, and caught everything tossed anywhere near him regardless of who was around him or throwing it.

Richardson is fast and has good hands and some good moves.

Locket and bates are going to battle for that last wide out spot.

Kearse looked average but good.

Baldwin and Percy where Lights out.

Halfbacks
Michaels and Ware looked better then turbin.
didn't see kiero small much but a lot of colemen, one of them got in the way of Michael on a particular play.. may be better off without a full back that one.

O line
Carpenter looked good, baily was filling in for Okung and he looked good.
Sweezy looked good. I didn't see much line men

D line:
I honestly didn't see much of them either

QBs
Wilson was Wilson., looked like he practiced all year
T jack was t jack no better no worse.. same.
Prior has a weird body. and throw..not sure about his passes they look weak and angled weird.
Bj daniels was Very sparse. I only seen him a few times he did not do any of the scrimmage drills.
But what I did see he reminds me the most like Wilson.

DB's
1ll the usual's were there.. Kam was on the side line, they all looked good. there were quite a few names I didn't know well.

A lot of the guys looked to be in fantastic shape... that I wasn't expecting.. ANyhow that's what I got. I spent most of the day evaluating Half backs and Wide outs.

Tomorrow I will do different positions groups

drdiags

Reaction score
Thanks man! I forgot that TC would be open to the public at the beginning. Looking forward to what ever you and others provide.

OP
OP
hawks4thewin

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I took 1000 pictures. so you know I got 3 good ones LOL. I will post some when I get a chance to process them and defiantly after I nap LOL

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Norwood was impressive today. Makes me feel a whole lot better about the loss of rice.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
A razor back buddy of mine asked me if we drafted Smalls to make Russell look taller.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
My notes:

If Tjack doesn't bring enough to the table off the field, he's going to lose his job to Pryor. Not that Pryor looked better or anything but his size and age is going to put him over the top all play being equal. If I had to bet the house today we carry 3 QB's, with a real question mark as to who is actually #2. Pryor looked loose and comfortable.

Norwood has the look of a guy who's going to be around for a while.

Cassius Marsh doesn't really look very intimidating. I had an idea he would look more imposing but he just looks like a guy. Hopefully that ends up being the same way that Jared Allen just looks like a guy. He seems pretty quick though. hard to really grade a DE in an unpadded practice.

I'm hoping we keep 6 recievers, and that list includes Richardson, Harvin, and Lockette becuase that's too much speed to give a guy like russell wilson who is just going to need guys to improvise and get open while he buys time.

Like marsh hard to judge without pads..but Carpenter is just a monster. If he can get it together this season that would be huge for the this team.

LoB seemed to be thinking more today and reacting less. Not in a bad way, just being more strategic than aggressive. Could be reading too much into a first training camp practice. But I get the vibe that they are trying to perfect their mental game. I think something clicked for them last season in their ability to read offenses, and I think their superbowl diagnosis and destruction validated what they were seeing. Thomas and Sherman are heading into their prime and already at a point in their careers that they have the mentality of that 'crafty veteran'. usually a team only has one of those guys and generally speaking they are starting on the back side of their careers.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Kam is getting pretty 'crafty' as well, but that's overshadowed by the big hits, so not many people are noticing.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":587j2l4x said:
Wilson was Wilson., looked like he practiced all year

I'm not a football expert, but I remember seeing Wilson throw a huge long ball to 3 defenders with not a single WR near it. He also had a short pass tipped and intercepted.

edit:

" Russell Wilson was intercepted by backup safety Dion Bailey on a rollout. Wilson was not sharp during the day."
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... more-26369

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
So, I've come to the conclusion looking at pictures that Richardson isn't that much smaller than Norwood now at least from an upper body standpoint. I'd suspect Norwood has a much stronger base.

I'd say Richardson is around a strong 185-190. Which is a far cry from the 160 he played at in college.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
General Manager":1a7flf3p said:
Bates hasn't looked anything but average in preseason games.

I'd take average from a UDFA WR whom his first season transitioned from a 6'1, 200 QB into a 6'1, 220 WR.

I'd take average from a guy who volunteered last pre-season to put another 10-20 pounds on his frame to play FB, in which suffered injuries.

Bates best represents what the Seahawks were aiming for when they selected Chris Harper with a 4th round pick.

- Big, strong bodied WR (220 pounds, 19 Bench Reps)
- With Plus Length (6'1, 32 3/8 in Arms, 10.5 in Hands, 75 in Wing Span with a 40.5 Vert/ 10'08 Broad)
- Solid all-around athleticism.

A WR that can box, out defenders, make tough catches and figure into Red Zone offense. More or less a WR comparable to Anquan Boldin.

Bates as an uphill battle to make the team, and likely needs to evolve into a Special Teams ace to compete with Lockette but he has as good of a chance as anybody to stick if he continues to show progress.

Canhawks

Reaction score
Any early thoughts on how Jesse Williams looks?Quite interested to see if he can develop.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Re the int's. We want Russell Wilson to take more chances in practice right? Test the defense and test the fight in his receivers?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Was just watching the WRs run some routes and I was surprised at just how much Lockette stood out running routes. He really is a cut above for athletes in the NFL. I wasn't surprised at how fast he got to cones, but I WAS surprised and how fast he dips and gets out of breaks.

I don't think you're going to see Richardson show his speed just yet. He looks unsure of himself even in the one drill. As he gets acclimated that speed will start to show.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
segu6aga.jpg

Most crowded TC I've ever been to.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Canhawks":2fwgleef said:
Any early thoughts on how Jesse Williams looks?Quite interested to see if he can develop.

Visually, his legs are still a bit skinny. That's not going to change, but what will help him is keeping his weight down. He was so top heavy last year he looked like a cartoon.

So....lost weight around the mid section is good, but he's a DT so we'll really need to wait for the the pads to go on.