Visored Seahawks

kearly

Reaction score
In your opinion, who are/were the coolest looking Seahawks who wore helmet visors? For me it's probably Kam, though it's hard to pick anyone over Lynch.

I'm having trouble remembering some of the older Seahawks players who used them, but recently we've had quite a few prominent players with them:

-Marshawn Lynch
-Kam Chancellor
-Chris Clemons
-Bruce Irvin
-Bobby Wagner (clear visor)
-BMW (clear visor)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Shaun Alexander comes to mind...

Edit: For a short while after he got poked in the eye... but could be wrong.

ARhawk

Reaction score
I always thought Chris Clemons looked awesome with a visor

Steve2222

Reaction score
Beast and Kam hands down.

Ken Hamlin looked badass too back in the day as well.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I have to go with Kam hands down. The way he does that stiff intimidating strut staring back at some guy he just blew up as he walks away is priceless. Body language speaks so much for him and that dark visor just adds to it.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
My knowledge could be dated, but there used to be a rule about dark visors, that they weren't allowed unless the player had an eye problem that required him to wear sunglasses. Has that changed?

It seems to me that a visor is every much a piece of safety equipment as a tooth guard, so you'd think the NFL would happily allow any player who wants one to use one. However, it also seems to me that those cool looking helmet faceguards that some defenders wear are also such a piece of safety gear, but the NFL doesn't seem to like those much.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Didn't Koren Robinson have that pretty cool orange-ish one?

That said I can't in good conscience not say Beast Mode. He looks beastly with the visor. Kam a close second.

ak3000

Reaction score
Obligatory troll post

110629mcgwire980.jpg

Subzero717

Reaction score
BMW. I was just thinking to myself that game in Az was probably the best single recieving game performance Ive seen live by a Hawk. Yes he rocked the visir.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
Yxes1122":3uua4856 said:

That said I can't in good conscience not say Beast Mode. He looks beastly with the visor. Kam a close second.

Yep. Supposedly amber to help his vison.

Kam looks like a Marvel character..

253hawk

Reaction score
BlueTalon":177bf0aj said:
My knowledge could be dated, but there used to be a rule about dark visors, that they weren't allowed unless the player had an eye problem that required him to wear sunglasses. Has that changed?

It seems to me that a visor is every much a piece of safety equipment as a tooth guard, so you'd think the NFL would happily allow any player who wants one to use one. However, it also seems to me that those cool looking helmet faceguards that some defenders wear are also such a piece of safety gear, but the NFL doesn't seem to like those much.

Players just need a doctor's confirmation for tinted ones, but anyone can wear a clear visor. I don't see why the league cares if guys want tinted ones though. The face mask thing is way more understandable though as some of them just look like finger-breakers waiting to happen. If these guys wore a visor, they wouldn't need a lattice-work of cage to keep fingers out of their eyes (let's face it though, most do it just to look unique and intimidating.)

Side note: Did Kam break his visor in the week 9 Saints game? He started the first series with it, then it was gone for a bit and then back on again later.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
HOLLYWOOD":1jejyw2q said:
Yxes1122":1jejyw2q said:

Yep. Supposedly amber to help his vison.

Kam looks like a Marvel character..

Marvel Character you say......

Thelegionofboom

sc85sis

Reaction score
I think the reasoning against dark visors is that it makes it harder to see a guy's eyes if he gets a head/neck injury.

HawkerBacker

Reaction score
This year they did add some rule about face masks so won't see so many extravagant patterns I don't think this year. Something about the larger face masks being too heavy and pulling head down a little.. Helmet safety

Hawkaholic

Reaction score
Lol good thread! Turbo looks pretty sweet in the black visor also
600Hi res 7996692 crop exact
bilde

XkiA u4  400x400