Kevin Norwood

General Manager

Reaction score
It's early but his name keeps coming up as a standout player from ota's to minicamp to training camp , everyone likes this kid. I even read he looks like the steal of the 4rth round on Seahawks.com he is kind of similar to Allen Robinson in size and the way he attacks the ball. Looks like John is still the best GM there is at identifying second round talent in the later rounds, and in some cases first round talent.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Dude's tight route-runner, clutch working his way back to the qb when the play breaks down. Perfect for Russ's scramble plays.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
My Adopt-A-Rookie pick for this year is off to a good start!

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
good pick for your adopt a rookie... I was excited to see more of him today but he was Not practicing, he was standing off to the side. watching

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I think he's a thicker taller Doug Baldwin to me. Good hands,route running, and clutch in college.

Largent80

Reaction score
Get the pads on then lets discuss.

Dude is a rookie wr. WR takes time, don't expect much.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Reports are saying Marsh might give him a run for steal of the 4th rd. Hawkblogger is talking him up bigtime. How sweet it be to get 2 steals in the 4th

WmHBonney

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":u6tkcfyo said:
Who is Allen Robinson?

WR from Penn St.
He was drafted by the Jaguars in the second round (61st overall).

tooshort

Reaction score
Only reason I haven't bought a custom Norwood Elite is that he probably switches to #83 if Lockette doesn't make the cut...

Every time I watch 'Bama tape I see a slightly lighter,more agile & slightly faster Anquan Boldin.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":xm0mms4c said:

Generally you are of course right, but there are exceptions like Doug Baldwin and a few others. Let's hope he is an exception.

He has some good things going for him in that regard after playing in a pro style O at Alabama where his crisp route running was essential to his success along with above average physical ability. In short, he may just deliver more as a rookie and be special. His college training may have him more ready than others to be a pro WR.

Time will tell, but the team picked him b/c they saw something special in his game.

MB12

Reaction score
I found it really interesting how Pete and John mentioned Norwood experiencing Katrina being a plus point. He definitely has the 'Hawk Mindset'.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
It's still early but this guy is looking like the steal of the draft at this point, kind of like Luke Willson last year.

I laugh at those prognosticators who said Norwood was too slow, even though he ran a 4.48s 40 and 6.68s 3-cone (the same numbers as Doug Baldwin). Plus, he clearly had great hands and catching radius on his tape.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Well I can tell you that guy caught every single ball thrown within 10 yards of him in camp. Double and single coverage,. He has Crisp routes, and A huge catch span. As for him not being fast... if he can get 3 yards separation on lane or Simon I think that is Fast enough since both are 4.3 runners. We DO not know though how he plays when he gets HIT..
that's the only variable I see and that we wont know for a some time. But he is very good

Hawks46

Reaction score
jammerhawk":8eryjhks said:
Largent80":8eryjhks said:

Generally you are of course right, but there are exceptions like Doug Baldwin and a few others. Let's hope he is an exception.

He has some good things going for him in that regard after playing in a pro style O at Alabama where his crisp route running was essential to his success along with above average physical ability. In short, he may just deliver more as a rookie and be special. His college training may have him more ready than others to be a pro WR.

Time will tell, but the team picked him b/c they saw something special in his game.

Agreed, and the nice thing is, Alabama ran a pro style, and you probably have more pressure on that squad than any other college team. Norwood's claim to fame was (like LoS said above) he was good at bailing his QB out, and he always came up with the big grabs in the biggest moments.

I like that fact over anything else. He rises to the occasion, and coupled with playing at Bama, probably won't be overwhelmed at this level. The game won't be too big for him.

He has size, speed (4.4 forty), a large catch radius, good hands, he's polished....I honestly can't understand how he slipped to the 4th round. The only thing I can think of, is that there were a lot of WRs taken in the first 2 rounds, and Norwood didn't have big numbers in college. Norwood and Marsh and two of my favorite signings this year.

Seafan

Reaction score
KPL makes the fourth round a clean sweep IMO. Three steals help to make up for the EJ Wilson, Durham, Harper picks.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
A.J. McCarron emphatically said that Norwood was the "most underrated player in the draft." All indicators are positive to this point, so let's hope Kevin keeps proving A.J. right. :0190l:

IronSaint

Reaction score
Norwood is definitely a steal and I have no shame in admitting that. I was hoping we'd be able to snag him a little later, but you guys beat us to him. As mentioned about him before, I've watched him come up clutch time after time after time in a Crimson Tide uniform. His outside routes (the out and especially his corner) are absolutely perfection and he does a pretty good job of high-pointing and attacking the ball when necessary.

In the 2012 game at LSU, Alabama got the ball back with 1:34 left in the 4th, trailing 14-17 at their own 28. AJ looked to Norwood on four consecutive plays and drove the Tide to LSU's 28. The first three passes were all completions along the sideline picking up 44 yards. In fact, I think the first two were the exact same play if I'm remembering correctly; LSU's defense just couldn't stop it. The fourth pass was incomplete, but I can't remember what happened if it was uncatchable or a drop. But the increased attention to Norwood on the ensuing play led to a screen call to Yeldon which Alabama took the lead 21-17 and ultimately won the game.

This is from the BCSCG the season before, but I never get tired of this GIF of him catching over Tyrann Mathieu. You guys may end up seeing that more during the regular season. :lol: As mentioned before, this is the result of one of his corner routes.

Catch

acbass

Reaction score
IronSaint, thank you for that GIF. That is how you catch a football. I'm excited to see this guy in action. I feel he quite possibly could be a very nice steal.

CityHawk

Reaction score
As a 'Bama fan I watched him in a lot of games. He was their go to receiver and certainly clutch. It's great to have speed at receiver but I'll take someone with the ability to get separation and make clutch catches to move the chains over speed any day.