Alvin Bailey or James Carpenter

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Seems like the papers can't agree who lit up Cassius Marsh, anybody know who it was? Love what I am hearing about Carpenter. A lot of people (NOT ME HAHAHA) are going to be eating a lot of crow about James.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Dot com says it was Alvin Bailey, i'm excited for Bailey I hope he gets more snaps. So far Carpenter has been doing good, now that he is healthy that spot is his to lose.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3325dxph said:
Dot com says it was Alvin Bailey, i'm excited for Bailey I hope he gets more snaps. So far Carpenter has been doing good, now that he is healthy that spot is his to lose.

Let me get this straight:

Baily > Carpenter
Baily ate Cassius alive
Cassius, Avril, Bennett , Anton Palepoi destroy Justin Britt

Got it!

sc85sis

Reaction score
Yeah, I wondered because I could have sworn that either Tony or Clare said during the live feed that Carpenter had been the one. Maybe they realized later it was really Bailey...?

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
It's good all around. If Bailey lit him up, he's feeling the heat from Britt. If it's Carp, he's finally getting into form. Britt's still learning, Cassius is (also) a rookie, Bailey should be getting it by now, and Marsh and Britt have a season to learn the ropes and do it right. Win-Win. As a result, I have this sneaking feeling that Russell is going to go over 4,000 yds this season. Just a hunch. Not by much mind you, and not because the running game will falter, just because he'll be more efficient and have a solid corps of receivers this year with MUCH better protection.

themunn

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":10e2fch8 said:
It's good all around. If Bailey lit him up, he's feeling the heat from Britt. If it's Carp, he's finally getting into form. Britt's still learning, Cassius is (also) a rookie, Bailey should be getting it by now, and Marsh and Britt have a season to learn the ropes and do it right. Win-Win. As a result, I have this sneaking feeling that Russell is going to go over 4,000 yds this season. Just a hunch. Not by much mind you, and not because the running game will falter, just because he'll be more efficient and have a solid corps of receivers this year with MUCH better protection.

I just can't see it.

4000 is an average of 250 a game, and whilst I can't see any reason why Wilson can't average this given his ability, in reality it means that he needs at least 4 or 5 300 yard games, as there will be a lot of games we win with ~220 yards passing. Given he only has 2 300 yard passing games in his career to date, I don't see it happening. It's just not needed.
In reality, all a good O-Line is going to do is increase the number of yards our QB2 gets in relief duty, as Wilson will have the game sewn up by the start of the 3rd quarter

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":dth6kzf3 said:
It's good all around. If Bailey lit him up, he's feeling the heat from Britt.
You're confusing Bailey (LT) with Bowie (RT compeating with Britt).

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Bailey has rare athleticism for a linemen. He might be the best pass blocker on the team not named Russell Okung.

Garry Gilliam has also reportedly flashed impressive athleticism as a pass blocker, but his technique is more raw than Bailey's was last year. Gilliam has only played offensive line for one year. He has an outside shot to make the roster as an undrafted rookie, like Bailey did last year. His upside is high if he can improve his technique and continue to get stronger. Both Bailey and Gilliam need to become better run blockers.

Justin Britt has a lot of work to do to become a reliable pass protector. He has been thrown into the fire against the first team defense and has been beaten like a drum. Avril and Marsh have both put him on his back. He is currently behind where Bowie was at the same point last year. I'm anxious to see where Bowie is at this point. He has got to get back on the field.