Is Terrell Thomas headed to the Seahawks?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We are thin at DB not knowing if Simon can make it a full season, so this kind of veteran signing would make sense.

kidhawk

Reaction score
With his coming off serious injury, I'd hope that this is more for depth than anything else. I like Lane as our nickel guy, but we could use the depth for sure

Basis4day

Reaction score
Eric Pinkins is NFI, so he won't take up a roster spot as long as he remains on that list in the regular season. We were down a DB anyway so camp can sort out which corner make the regular season roster.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Terrell Thomas would add good depth in the secondary. 186 tackles, 10 INTs, and five FFs in 2009 and 2010. Then he suffered two consecutive ACL injuries. He bounced back and played pretty well last season. Played for Carroll at USC from 2005-08. Good zone coverage skills, could probably play in the slot or at FS if needed. I prefer him to Philip Adams, who is not really a natural fit for this scheme.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I wanted Thomas when he was a free agent years back. Would be a good plug and play player.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Interesting..........he was solid a few years ago, but the injury bug sure has caught up with him lately.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hope this works out for all parties involved. He's going to have a tough time making the team, that's for sure - but we'll be better for it if he gets on the squad.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Retweeted by Brian McIntyre
Terrell Thomas ‏@TerrellThomas24 19m
Im so thankful for the Seattle Seahawks giving me an opportunity to continue my dream. Can't wait to hit the field with my new teammates!

Terrell Thomas ‏@TerrellThomas24 18m
Thankful for all the tweets and comments. Sorry I can't reply to all, gotta hit this playbook and get ready to Compete!

sc85sis

Reaction score
Terrell was an excellent corner for Pete at USC. Unfortunately, he's had a bunch of knee injuries. If he's healthy and isn't too slow because of the injuries, he'd be great for depth. If memory serves, he's got a really long wingspan.

Edit: By the way, his nickname is T2 (aka the Terminator), which I believe he earned for not only his initials but also his ability as a corner.

chris98251

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":kyxtjce6 said:
Basis4day":kyxtjce6 said:
Adam Caplan: Terrell Thomas has agreed to a deal with the #Seahawks, source confirmed.
I have no idea who he is but if he's good enough to kick the tires on good luck to him because he's in the BIG SHOW for sure.

KC your going to start calling me a stalker soon the way I have to follow you around and delete your double posts, when is Roland getting you hooked up with that Apple, hell a Commodore would be better then that damn phone.

Bob_the_Destroyer

Reaction score
I think that this is a significant signing, much more than just kicking the tires. Terrell Thomas is not a practice squad scrub. He has been a good NFL starter for a solid, well coached team.

If he's healthy I think Thomas will be our fourth cornerback, behind Richard Sherman, Byron Maxwell, and Jeremy Lane and - this is going to be controversial for a certain crowd - probably ahead of Tharold Simon.

If Sherman or Maxwell get hurt, Jeremy Lane takes their spot on the outside and Thomas plays nickel.

It is too early to declare Tharold Simon the second coming of Richard Sherman. Do not expect all of our fifth-round picks to be as successful as Sherman. Simon hasn't done anything yet. Please understand that Pete Carroll uses praise – a lot – as a tool for positive motivation during the preseason. His one or two positive sentences about Simon do not mean much. Remember that Paul Richardson was burning Simon on long passes during OTAs. Actions speak louder than words: the fact that they went out and made this signing could very well mean that they are worried about Simon's performance during the first three days of training camp. This isn't like last season when Brandon Browner and Walter Thurmond we're still on the team and they could afford to cut Antonio Winfield. Surprisingly, although their starters in the defensive backfield might be the greatest ever, the Seahawks are actually thin at that position this year. Ironically, it is the thinnest position on the team. They should not be comfortable with an inexperienced fifth-round rookie as their primary backup at cornerback.

Simon could surprise me, but right now, I would favor the much more experienced former second-round pick who is familiar with Pete Carroll's defense over the fifth-rounder who, except for only a couple of days practicing in full pads, is totally inexperienced. The questions about Thomas are his knee and his age (29). He seemed to be okay last season, but playing nickel on the inside does not depend as much on speed, and he was under a managed practice schedule throughout the 2013 season which limited his participation in practices the entire season. The knees are a real concern, but if he is completely healthy, there really isn't much of a comparison between him and Simon, at least for those who want to be realistic.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Seafan":2hfm51fs said:
Another brick on the pile. Possibly another Winfield.

Can you explain in detail? The Winfield comment sounds negative but some could say his presence put competitive pressure on Thurmond and Maxwell to improve their conditioning and abilities as well as Winfield serving as a lead by example mentor to every single CB on the roster regardless of their own experience.

Regardless of whether Winfield made the team or not, it was far from a wasted signing if that is what you're getting at.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Bob_the_Destroyer":3b2t5ujq said:
I think that this is a significant signing, much more than just kicking the tires. Terrell Thomas is not a practice squad scrub. He has been a good NFL starter for a solid, well coached team.

If he's healthy I think Thomas will be our fourth cornerback, behind Richard Sherman, Byron Maxwell, and Jeremy Lane and - this is going to be controversial for a certain crowd - probably ahead of Tharold Simon.

If Sherman or Maxwell get hurt, Jeremy Lane takes their spot on the outside and Thomas plays nickel.

It is too early to declare Tharold Simon the second coming of Richard Sherman. Do not expect all of our fifth-round picks to be as successful as Sherman. Simon hasn't done anything yet. Please understand that Pete Carroll uses praise – a lot – as a tool for positive motivation during the preseason. His one or two positive sentences about Simon do not mean much. Remember that Paul Richardson was burning Simon on long passes during OTAs. Actions speak louder than words: the fact that they went out and made this signing could very well mean that they are worried about Simon's performance during the first three days of training camp. They should not be comfortable with an inexperienced fifth-round rookie as their primary backup at cornerback.

Simon could surprise me, but right now, I would favor the much more experienced former second-round pick who is familiar with Pete Carroll's defense over the fifth-rounder who, except for only a couple of days practicing in full pads, is totally inexperienced. The questions about Thomas are his knee and his age (29). He seemed to be okay last season, but playing nickel on the inside does not depend as much on speed, and he was under a managed practice schedule throughout the 2013 season which limited his participation in practices the entire season. The knees are a real concern, but if he is completely healthy, there really isn't much of a comparison between him and Simon, at least for those who want to be realistic.

Not to interrupt your Simon bash fest, but it was Pinkins that Richardson burned.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Bob_the_Destroyer":24aaa8jw said:

It is too early to declare Tharold Simon the second coming of Richard Sherman. Do not expect all of our fifth-round picks to be as successful as Sherman. Simon hasn't done anything yet. Please understand that Pete Carroll uses praise – a lot – as a tool for positive motivation during the preseason. His one or two positive sentences about Simon do not mean much. Remember that Paul Richardson was burning Simon on long passes during OTAs. Actions speak louder than words: the fact that they went out and made this signing could very well mean that they are worried about Simon's performance during the first three days of training camp. They should not be comfortable with an inexperienced fifth-round rookie as their primary backup at cornerback.

Simon has looked good. He even took some reps opposite Sherman (Maxwell's spot) in the last practice. He successfully covered Paul Richardson on a deep jump ball in a one on one drill and knocked the ball down from Richardson. As was already mentioned, you were thinking of rookie Eric Pinkins, who is currently on the PUP list.

"He is a great player," Sherman said of Simon. "He has a great knack for when to jump for the ball. He has great speed and great length [at 6-foot-3]. He's just learning the position and he is still a little bit raw, but he has tremendous talent and I think he will be a great corner when it's all said and done."
http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... /7359/7359