When does Lynch report to camp

When does Lynch report to camp?

• Tomorrow (To avoid losing 15% of his signing bonus)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Before preseason game 1

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Before Week 1

• He's going to retire

• Total voters

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
I know this topic has been beat to death, but it seems Terry Blount decided to convey to us the stats from someone more intelligent (Clayton) about how much money Lynch will lose each day as he continues his holdout.

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/7344/lynchs-financial-losses-start-piling-up-now

The first big day is tomorrow (league day 6), when Marshawn would lose 15% of his signing bonus ($900K). In addition to the $30K a day, he also loses one regular season game check per preseason game missed ($315K/game). If I'm doing the math correctly, if he no shows until week 1, he's out a cool $4.15mil which will definitely hurt his Fam First foundation.

Thoughts on this? When do you think he will report?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Until either we agree to restructure his contract to guarantee him more money ($1-2 million), and of course agree to waive these fines, OR until he feels insecure enough about his future in Seattle and we are forced to trade or release him.

I don't think Lynch is willing to risk an injury with the current amount of guaranteed money on his contract ($5 million, plus the remainder of his signing bonus that he already received). IMO, it will work itself out at some point before the season starts. I don't think Lynch will sit out the year.

OP
OP
jdemps

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
I'm just having a hard time seeing where Lynch sees his market value at this point. His base salary is top 5 in the league which is exactly where I see him in terms of talent and production. In looking up his cap hit for the next 2 years, I found a nice little piece on sportrac on the matter.

http://www.spotrac.com/premium/research/nfl/extension-forecast-marshawn-lynch-468/

I think IF we end up redoing his contract, the numbers seem about right. 2 year: $17 million extension. I would expect a nice bonus $3-4 mil with very little guaranteed money for the last year of the deal as he'll be 32 at the time and his running style doesn't lend itself to longevity.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Still would not surprise me at all if Marshawn comes back before the opener and the team hand waves his fines as a result.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Lynch's pattern is to bend it until it "almost" breaks, it's him, it's his deal.

He will most likely show up Wednesday, maybe Friday, maybe next Monday... maybe in August.

He follows his own drummer.

I don't care about anything as long as he is limber and ready to go for preseason.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
tom sawyer":17bucs5y said:
Lynch's pattern is to bend it until it "almost" breaks, it's him, it's his deal.

He will most likely show up Wednesday, maybe Friday, maybe next Monday... maybe in August.

I believe that the common expression is... He marches to the beat of a different drummer.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1dml9jfn said:
tom sawyer":1dml9jfn said:

I believe that the common expression is... He marches to the beat of a different drummer.

tom "A" to

tom "au" to

ZagHawk

Reaction score
It just dawned on me why JS and FO isn't budging or if anything will budget VERY minimally. Let him hold out, then they'll say...well you risk losing X dollars now. So how about this I'll give you Y (which is very minimal), BUT I'll also not penalize you X, so X+Y = Z which now sounds like a much better deal, when in reality I'm giving you jack crap.

Beast is my favorite player, but "Bout that Action"?!? get your butt back in training camp. What are you complaining about RW is only getting paid like 500k a year.

MB12

Reaction score
I could see him holding out till after week 1 in some ways...

pmedic920

Reaction score
# 24 is one of my all time favs.
That being said, IMO he is not more important than the Team.
If any players starts to do things that hurt the team, then it's time for said player to move on. If the FO can do something to make him happy, that does not hurt the team, they should. If they can't then M.L. Should either accept what he gets or go do something else.
I am a SeaHawk fan regardless of who is on the roster.
I want the Beast to get all he can get BUT NOT at the risk of any future success for the team.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
tom sawyer":1r5lqvr6 said:
onanygivensunday":1r5lqvr6 said:
tom sawyer":1r5lqvr6 said:

tom "A" to

tom "au" to

Oh I get it....Tom ae to

Or Tom ahhhhhh to.

:mrgreen:

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3eeyen8g said:
tom sawyer":3eeyen8g said:
onanygivensunday":3eeyen8g said:
tom sawyer":3eeyen8g said:

tom "A" to

tom "au" to

Oh I get it....Tom ae to

Or Tom ahhhhhh to.

:mrgreen:

Drummer -- Tom Sawyer ...

:th2thumbs:

[youtube]auLBLk4ibAk[/youtube]

MB12

Reaction score
I'm actually nervous for tomorrow now. Really hope beast turns up (DONT WE ALL!)

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
I don't see the Seattle FO bending.

This will all come down to Lynch either being stubborn or not.

As much as Lynch is a great player, I honestly do not think the drop from Lynch to Michael/Turbin would be that far. I don't want to only look at the stat line because Lynch brings a persona, his pass blocking and attitude as well, but he averaged 4.2 Yards per Carry. On the stat line, that is replaceable. Yes, he was the 5th leading rusher in the NFL, but the major reason was the volume of carries he had compared to his peers.

My guess...he shows up tomorrow, has a grin on his face, fakes an injury and says he held out cause he doesn't like training camp.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
When it starts costing him real money Lynch will show. This guy was getting a lot of money when his first deal was done. The Hawks need to establish the tone here whether Beast Mode shows up or not.

I could easily see him just coming in and sitting out camp with an "injury".

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Where is his agent in all of this? I know it's supposed to be about respect but in today's world that is just another way of saying money and that's what the FO is taking this as being about. In that sense they are already showing him considerable respect. If this is about something more doesn't Lynch have an agent who can explain to the team exactly what Lynch wants and who can also explain to Lynch what he is losing?

RiverDog

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":30befhgw said:
I don't see the Seattle FO bending.

This will all come down to Lynch either being stubborn or not.

As much as Lynch is a great player, I honestly do not think the drop from Lynch to Michael/Turbin would be that far. I don't want to only look at the stat line because Lynch brings a persona, his pass blocking and attitude as well, but he averaged 4.2 Yards per Carry. On the stat line, that is replaceable. Yes, he was the 5th leading rusher in the NFL, but the major reason was the volume of carries he had compared to his peers.

My guess...he shows up tomorrow, has a grin on his face, fakes an injury and says he held out cause he doesn't like training camp.

That's pretty much how I come down on the subject, too, although I don't think it will be by this Friday. I'll put my money on sometime next week, before our first preseason game. That's when the major scratch is thrown on the floor.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
As much as I want Lynch out there and as brutal of a runner that he is, I don't want the team to pay him more.

This is not the 93 Cowboys, with a completely green Derek Lassic in the 2 spot. Lynch commands quite a lot of attention on the field, but the Hawks aren't playing the Niners or Cards in the first few weeks. I think the team could win early with a very experienced Turbin and fresh look Michael. This is why Carroll always plays the young people at times in every game.

I think the Hawks could win without Beast Mode at least the beginning of the season, but their chances of repeating reduce. Like the difference in HFA or not. For me, it is that simple. HFA in the playoffs with a healthy squad means another SB appearance.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Soon, insurance on his sweet ride has to be paid...