Kevin Vickerson really hates us...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
fiverabbit":hn7el9wi said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/28/broncos-dt-kevin-vickerson-trashes-seahawks/

“(Bleep) Seattle,” Vickerson said, according to the Gazette‘s Paul Klee, a columnist for the paper. “Write it down. Take a picture.”
Seems like a bitter beotch! Oh well...... Next!

endzorn

Reaction score
I love that players from other teams are talking smack about the Seahawks. It's like the petulant kid who whines about his big brother being better at everything.

jake206

Reaction score
Its not just Kevin Vickerson, everyone on that Broncos squad despises everything Seattle and Hawk-related. Normally, I would care for a pre-season game, but I know the Broncos are going to be pumped for this first game. Its at Mile High, so the altitude favors them. I'm pretty certain, their going to treat this game as a personal prove it game.

Smellyman

Reaction score
“(Bleep) Seattle,” Vickerson said, according to the Gazette‘s Paul Klee, a columnist for the paper. “Write it down. Take a picture.”

In the Gazette story, Vickerson also indicated he doesn’t like off-field trash talk. And some Seahawks personnel have taken the opportunity to needle the Broncos at various points after their Super Bowl win, as the Denver Post‘s Mike Klis pointed out in a feature published earlier Monday.

“Some guys, that’s what they do to get ramped up. But when you step in between the lines, pads talk. Let your pads talk,” Vickerson told the Gazette. “That’s my mindset,

you seem to be doing a bang up job with that.....

sc85sis

Reaction score
Smellyman":2gn30ike said:

In the Gazette story, Vickerson also indicated he doesn’t like off-field trash talk. And some Seahawks personnel have taken the opportunity to needle the Broncos at various points after their Super Bowl win, as the Denver Post‘s Mike Klis pointed out in a feature published earlier Monday.

“Some guys, that’s what they do to get ramped up. But when you step in between the lines, pads talk. Let your pads talk,” Vickerson told the Gazette. “That’s my mindset,

you seem to be doing a bang up job with that.....
Yep. I'm pretty sure the Hawks did just that to the tune of 40-10 in the preseason and 43-8 in the Super Bowl.

Now, this is a new season. I do think the Broncos will be tougher on D this year with their starters healthy and some of the guys they signed. But I still believe that as long as the Hawks take the game seriously (and stay healthy themselves), they can beat the Broncos. It might be closer, but it should still be a W.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Dude shut up Kevin VIckerson.... You say, "Shut up and let your pads do the talking.." but what are you doing????

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
“Some guys, that’s what they do to get ramped up. But when you step in between the lines, pads talk. Let your pads talk,” Vickerson told the Gazette. “That’s my mindset."

Uh-huh. Isn't that exactly what happened last year. Twice? Once for all the marbles?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Actually, I'm probably in the minority in that I honestly don't know why we cut Vickerson. We really should've kept him, as he's been a beast for the Donks.

That said, that entire team is butthurt. I think they put everything into beating us in the preseason, when we honestly don't give a crap and work on player development and getting young guys playing time. Watch them keep their starters out longer than us. Plus it's at their house, they can't lose in front of their fans to us.

It's funny though. They're talking like they're going to do something in week 3 up here. They keep saying they won't be intimidated, but they just haven't seen an environment like the Clink during the regular season.

No one's going to be able to hear Omaha.

chris98251

Reaction score
They got their asses handed to them, to the victors go the spoils, if the rolls were reversed you think they would have kept their mouths shut, not to mention a preseason game in their house would have been celebrated as a rub it in their face game.

We gave them their respect after the game, we didn't talk down to them.

If they wanted a different outcome they should have been more prepared.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Vickerson was drafted by former Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban with a seventh-round pick (216th overall) in the 2005 NFL Draft. After being late for numerous team meetings the Dolphins considered pulling their contract offer from the table, however he was signed on July 24. After spending two days on the Active/Non-Football Injury list, Vickerson was cleared to practice. More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Vickerson

Doesn't seem like a Pete kind of guy. Pretty much an injury prone lazy ass hole who needs motivation to play well and is known for dirty play.

No loss IMO, I am glad it is game one of preseason though, I wouldn't put it past him to try and injure Russ if he had a chance.

TXHawk

Reaction score
I'm sure that winning the preseason Osweiler vs TJack Bowl would be sweet, sweet revenge for Vickerson and the Broncos! Do they give out rings for that?

There's nothing like pouting from an obscure journeyman DT to really ramp up a rivalry.