Eric Winston

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Not a big fan of this move to be honest. All I can think of in regards to Winston is this play.

KamChancellor

In case you can't tell that's Bam Bam not a defensive lineman.

oasis

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3irkrbre said:
Not a big fan of this move to be honest. All I can think of in regards to Winston is this play.

KamChancellor

In case you can't tell that's Bam Bam not a defensive lineman.

1 can anyone tell me anything about him?
2 wasn't he the guy that kam destroyed that one time?

edit: ah, beat me to it lol. that answers both questions

OP
OP
HawkAroundTheClock

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/494129252321591300[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/494130339330027520[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/494130266768953344[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/494126904635428865[/tweet]

tubbs51

Reaction score
Yeah he got destroyed by a SS the size of a LBer, but it adds veteran depth on the offensive line that we were lacking in. I doubt he gets playing time outside injury issues. The dude is an 8 year vet and the players' NFLPA President (A job Kevin Mawae used to have).

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
If I recall he wasn't making much at AZ, so I doubt we signed him to that big of a deal. Probably under $2m?

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Always liked him and am completely stoked. The incident with Kam says more about him than it does Winston. Kam is legendary.

drdiags

Reaction score
Makes it seem that the Bowie injury is worse than they think. Nothing wrong with getting some insurance in the house because even though the early reports on Britt are encouraging, he still is a rookie.

I hope the OL plays better than they did last year. So continues the roster churn. Thomas yesterday and Winston today.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Always liked him and am completely stoked. The incident with Kam says more about him than it does Winston. Kam is legendary.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I am not excited for or against this signing. I think it's a solid depth move. If he ends up being our starter, I'll be a little disappointed that one of our young guys couldn't earn the position, but honestly, as far as a signing go, depth is needed on the offensive line, so I'll be happy to watch the pre season and see how this pans out.

I do really enjoy how Schneider leaves no stone unturned when it comes to trying to field the best team possible.

Jville

Reaction score
Interesting.

I assume someone touched base with Alex Gibbs.

I would have enjoyed listening in on that conversation.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Just glad to have another possible option at right tackle. Still think Bowie looked better at guard last year.

Jville

Reaction score
So ...... of interesting note ....... the count on street free agents who are not included in calculations for compensatory draft picks is now up to 3 IIRC. They are Kevin Williams, Terrell Thomas and now Eric Winston.

bandiger

Reaction score
This is an excellent signing. This guy just does better in the ZBS than what Cardinals were doing last year(worst performance). I don't really trust a rookie OL that will have to face some beastly D-lines this season.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Jville":2pvvzzzt said:
So ...... of interesting note ....... the count on street free agents who are not included in calculations for compensatory draft picks is now up to 3 IIRC. They are Kevin Williams, Terrell Thomas and now Eric Winston.

I don't recall where I read it, but there was an interesting article that talks about how the Ravens have been abusing this for quite some time. They have the most number of compensatory picks since they were instituted and they often avoid signing FA's early on unless they were cut (Steve Smith). Now that the Hawks are fully into the team maintenance stage, I bet JS will follow this as well.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I keep reminding myself that at this time of year, some of these guys get brought in just to create competition , and actually have no chance of making the 53. :{)