Impressions from ESPN's Seahawks Live Camp

taco40

Reaction score
Different comments are made by the knucklehead announcers that makes you wonder how they got their job. I'd like to hear reactions.

When speaking of signings for the future with John Schneider, an aside was made about abolishing the salary cap like major league baseball. I think MLB's lack of salary cap is why so many, like me, gave up on baseball a long time ago. How many different teams have made the playoffs in the NFL over the past 20 years? Good grief, even the Arizona Cardinals made the Super Bowl a few years ago. One advantage the Hawks organization has is that Schneider is about finding talent and speed, not about following the hype, re: Johnny Football,

Cartire

Reaction score
I think Kenny Mayne might actually get fired after this.

I think Gruden is hating the report they have.

Cartire

Reaction score
Holy shoot. Kenny Mayne is just calling out Gruden. LOL.

"That great Gruden. But you didnt answer my question. (para phrase) Here, let me tell you how to answer this"

EDIT: Hahaha, i think they have almost gave up on him. He's now begging them to respond to him.

oasis

Reaction score
ESPN screwed up the broadcast. They only showed Pryor instead of Wilson. And they only showed Turbin instead of Michael. PErhaps that was by design. Now it was interesting to watch, but did not meet expectations and .net hype. Also, why is nobody commenting on what they saw? Paul Richardson looked good IMO

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I did not get to see any of it...I was at my appointment and unable to stream it live in the clinic. Such is life. I still figured them to post the video on our .COM page....but have not seen it yet. Dang it. :mrgreen:

Tical21

Reaction score
Don't tell Taco that way more teams make the playoffs and win championships in baseball than any other sport.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
oasis":vv0pk2md said:
ESPN screwed up the broadcast. They only showed Pryor instead of Wilson. And they only showed Turbin instead of Michael.

That's because Pryor and Turbin took the majority of the snaps today.

Also, why is nobody commenting on what they saw?

Because it aired at 10:00am during a weekday and most of us haven't watched it yet.

skihawk

Reaction score
looked like wagner was out for a few of the team drills O 1's vs D 1's and Coyle (45) took his place, and did well! Impressive to see. Another UDFA diamond?!!!!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
oasis":34cq059n said:
ESPN screwed up the broadcast. They only showed Pryor instead of Wilson. And they only showed Turbin instead of Michael. PErhaps that was by design.

They could only show what was happening on the field. And I saw Russell and Christine plenty so I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I loved it. Ton of fun watching our Hawks get all kinds of respect - real respect, I mean, not just twitter props or whatever. The helicopter shots were great. Jumping in with Pete and the "competition Wednesday" scoring system was great. The awe of the outsiders was great. PC, JS, and their staff are putting our Seahawks at the front of the curve for the future of the NFL and it flippin' rocks.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3srmseay said:
Bates looked awesome with the 2nd team.

Quoted for truth.

There was a soundbite of Wilson giving props to a receiver for his offseason work and improvement. I'm pretty sure he was talking about Bates.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3sjgq93t said:
Scottemojo":3sjgq93t said:
Bates looked awesome with the 2nd team.

Quoted for truth.

There was a soundbite of Wilson giving props to a receiver for his offseason work and improvement. I'm pretty sure he was talking about Bates.
Maybe its just me, but Bates also looked like he'd grown another inch or two. I mean I know he hasn't, but he just seemed taller than before.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
Cartire":1gypamys said:

"That great Gruden. But you didnt answer my question. (para phrase) Here, let me tell you how to answer this"

EDIT: Hahaha, i think they have almost gave up on him. He's now begging them to respond to him.

LOVE me some Kenny Mayne! His quick wit, deadpan delivery, and dry sense of humor are All-Pro. (and he's a big 'Hawks fan so there that too) :0190l:

kearly

Reaction score
Looked like the DBs gave up once the ball was in the air on those Richardson TDs. Smart, you don't want to risk injury in practice more than necessary. But I would take those big plays with a grain of salt. Richardson is not great on contested throws and they didn't really contest him on those plays. He's fast though, and that might be enough to make plays sometimes or at least force defenses to respect him.

The best play of the day I thought was a catch Harvin made on Earl Thomas. Kris Richard coached Earl up after the play but frankly I don't see how he could have defended it any better. Just a perfect throw and a circus catch from Harvin. It was a reminder of just how much pure talent Harvin has.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":8t8uoz2f said:
Cartire":8t8uoz2f said:

LOVE me some Kenny Mayne! His quick wit, deadpan delivery, and dry sense of humor are All-Pro. (and he's a big 'Hawks fan so there that too) :0190l:
Well that makes one of us.