Help buying safe Tickets

caitken12

Reaction score
I am looking to buy some tickets to the Dallas game. I came to terms with a guy regarding payment. However, I want him to transfer these to my account via Ticketmaster so they are 100% legit and safe. He has 6 tickets. 4 of which are season tickets and should have no issues transferring. The other 2 are not seasons tickets. Has anyone else had experience transferring these? He said that ticketmaster told him he could not transfer the other 2? Here is what he said ticketmaster told him

"I completely understand. I just got off the phone with ticketmaster, after being on hold for 35 minutes. They informed me that the Seahawks for some reason are not allowing ticket transfers for the seahawks games. I had him pull up 5 different pairs of tickets and he said it was unavailable.

He suggested that I just save the tickets as PDF and the email to you and you will be in the clear. I understand your hesitation, as would I have some as well, however I can assure you that i would not do anything sketchy. As for the other 4 seats in section 331, I can mail those to you and they are the physical season tickets, see picture attached, so there is absolutely NO. Way I could scam you on those. That will further prove to you that I am a legit person. I can send you an invoice thru PayPal, and it will be tracked and I will upload the tracking number once payment clears"

Please let me know your thoughts

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
ONLY purchase tickets from the NFL EXCHANGE.. its what all us season ticket holders use to buy and sell and its guaranteed. and there is no gimmicky stuff. Instant printout too

RockHawk

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":cegxiwgn said:
ONLY purchase tickets from the NFL EXCHANGE.. its what all us season ticket holders use to buy and sell and its guaranteed. and there is no gimmicky stuff. Instant printout too

Exactly. The exchange is the only method we recommend using because it's 100% Guaranteed. All other methods, including brokers, are not a sure thing and need to be handled carefully.

mikeak

Reaction score
I DO NOT agree with the two above. You can do exactly what you were doing

1) Pay via paypal to a debit person and
2) get the tickets transferred via the Seahawks page

I had this done last year for 2 paperticket from a season holder. I paid one ticket via paypal he transferred it then the next. I got them straight in and took them electronically

The papertickets can be cancelled and he can reprint them online. Same thing for tickets outside the game they could have been cancelled.

I would go with your guy and not buy them unless the guy transfers them and only do it in batches even. Ticketexchangeis not hte only safe way.

Paypal will validate for 90 days so transferred within a day or so from a verified paypal account works. Here is where they scam you though - they send you the paypal invoice. Don't use that as it can be through mirror sites etc. Get his paypal ccount name and you initiate the transfer. You say it is for goods and you get covered. He needs to be verified and pay the fee on his end for that.

I am guessing if it is not a scam then it is to early to transfer tickets electronically (I will check with a guy here that did it and get back to you). I do think he is trying to scam you

OP
OP
C

caitken12

Reaction score
So I went through with the deal and got a solid deal for the cowboys game. He transferred the tickets directly into my ticketmaster Seahawks account. They are now 100% safe correct? From what I understand, the barcodes have now been changed and his hard copy tickets, or whatever else he printed are now invalid? This seems to be a fantastic way to go, and is an alternative to NfL ticket exchange. Although it did take more effort to be safe

mikeak

Reaction score
caitken12":3t5mebwl said:
So I went through with the deal and got a solid deal for the cowboys game. He transferred the tickets directly into my ticketmaster Seahawks account. They are now 100% safe correct? From what I understand, the barcodes have now been changed and his hard copy tickets, or whatever else he printed are now invalid? This seems to be a fantastic way to go, and is an alternative to NfL ticket exchange. Although it did take more effort to be safe

Yes 100% safe. People have said you should meet the seller in person. I still haven't figured out how that makes it safe. I do not scalp outside games anymore for this reason - who knows if it was reprinted or not. Electronic transfer is the way to be assured.

OP
OP
C

caitken12

Reaction score
mikeak":3b735mhm said:
caitken12":3b735mhm said:

Yes 100% safe. People have said you should meet the seller in person. I still haven't figured out how that makes it safe. I do not scalp outside games anymore for this reason - who knows if it was reprinted or not. Electronic transfer is the way to be assured.

The fact that they change the barcodes is brilliant. Technically, the original seller could sell the hard copy tickets he has, which are now invalid to an unsuspecting buyer, but I am now safe as it is like I bought the tickets originally all along

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Stub Hub, Razor Gator and the NFL Ticket exchange are all safe because they use credit card info from both parties and will punish anyone hard that reneges on tickets.

I have used Stub Hub many times and many others that I know have as well with zero problems.

Any kind of cash or send me something via Western Union or other cash transfer services is normally a scam as there is zero accountability.

Good luck.

GO HAWKS!!!