I have faith the Beast will show up at camp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I'm really kinda dissappointed in all the "signs that Lynch era is history" post around here. I know it's an emotional subject but come on.

I posted a (now it seems poorly titled) thread that was removed stating "the Beast is back" - my appologise, in hind-sight it was a mistake and misleading. (you were correct to remove it) I was trying to show my unshaken faith in ML.

I'll go out on a limb for this!!

I'd rather be a foolish optimist than a pessimistic genius.

That being said, I'll take the heat if I'm wrong, I'd rather that than be wrong.

I'm no expert on Lynch's motives or desires, but i think I'm a decent judge of character and I respect him and believe although he is "stubborn, and pushes the envelope", that he will be a man of honor and show up. Probably today, maybe not but soon. Before the preseason.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
There's a point of no-return in hold-outs... and no indication that Pete and John will give in... none.

Marshawn best report soon and lessen the financial hurt.

I have faith that he will as well... like 60/40 that he will report soon.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":s9or7646 said:
Marshawn best report soon and lessen the financial hurt..

I could see Marshawn holding out well into preseason games, maybe even the 1st couple of games to see if we're hurting at RB enough to give him what he wants.

No reason to report now if you're holding out. The only leverage he'd gain from now until the beginning of the season is if Turbin or Michael get hurt in camp, then Marshawn has more bargaining power.

kearly

Reaction score
According to Clayton, Marshawn will be out roughly $2 million if he holds out just a couple weeks, and it will get worse and worse after that. Lynch is losing leverage every day he's not here.

I'm guessing he shows up near the end of the preseason after striking a deal to have his fines removed and having some of his 2015 money moved into 2014. Eventually he will realize that he doesn't have enough leverage to win a bigger contract.

Polaris

Reaction score
I think the real point of no return is the first pre-season game. If Lynch doesn't show up by then, I really don't think he's going to since at that point he loses a year off his contract. At that point, it might actually cost more to show up than to simply retire.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I too feel that Lynch will be back. I'm not worried if he misses preseason games. It's a big drop-off to the next RB, so I'm not ready to go the "so-long, Greedy Gus" route. Maybe the extra reps will do those other guys some good.

In general, I've noticed in myself that the SB victory has nearly completely wiped out the typical fan anxiety about these kinds of things. I'm not complacent with what we have, and I'm not delusional about how hard it is to win in the NFL. I'm still as jacked as ever, I'm just not as stressed out about contract situations, media opinions/coverage, or even injuries to an extent.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Marshawn isn't losing leverage because he never had any leverage in the first place. The end-game here is pretty clear: Lynch will return (perhaps by this weekend) under the terms of his current contract, with the Seahawks waving the fines that Lynch has accumulated and with Lynch missing a week's worth of practices that he likely wouldn't have been in pads for anyway.

chris98251

Reaction score
Since Lynch isn't using the media to make his arguments and not boxing himself into a corner in that medium this could get resolved. When you start going all media on the Franchise you play for that creates issues within the team as well. So far I think the way he is handling it is good if he is to receive any consideration, the front office is basically stating they want him and value him so no harm there really either.

So far no bridges burned.

Polaris

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":23hybk6r said:
Marshawn isn't losing leverage because he never had any leverage in the first place. The end-game here is pretty clear: Lynch will return (perhaps by this weekend) under the terms of his current contract, with the Seahawks waving the fines that Lynch has accumulated and with Lynch missing a week's worth of practices that he likely wouldn't have been in pads for anyway.

That seems likely to me too, but then again I thought he'd come back before the fines bit into his prorated signing bonus too......

You're right that so far no bridges have been burned and it can easily be summed up as 'no harm/no foul' especially if the 'hawks had planned on giving Lynch a very light training camp to start with (and I am sure they did). However, once that first preseason game is missed, this changes......

General Manager

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3c41xho9 said:
There's a point of no-return in hold-outs... and no indication that Pete and John will give in... none.

There gonna waive these fines the moment he comes back to camp and he knows it .

Polaris

Reaction score
General Manager":25mi2705 said:
onanygivensunday":25mi2705 said:

There gonna waive these fines the moment he comes back to camp and he knows it .

That's a dangerous assumption. As long as things don't get too far out of joint, then yes, those fines will likely be waived....but the chance of things going sideways increases the longer and longer this goes on.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
The best way the Beast can get what he wants is to get his butt to camp and prove that he's not expendable.

Status
Not open for further replies.