Packers extend GM Ted Thompson / 12's related

NinjaHawk38

Reaction score
@AdamSchefter: Packers announced they have signed EVP/GM Ted Thompson to a new, multi-year contract.

This is very good news for Us with many of you concerned about Schneider going home. For now ..... Go Hawks !!!

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Meh not concerned.

Quite frankly why would JS want to move back to Green Bay Wisconsin? Did you not watch the espn special yesterday? Live in seattle,,, live in green bay.....seattle wins every day of the week.

Add in the best owner in sports. Oh whats that John you need (insert the blank) ?? OK let me get my checkbook.

kearly

Reaction score
Pete has a lot of ability for identifying talent, and not just player talent. The assistant coaching staff has been strong across the board since he came here. When Bradley left, Seattle upgraded with Quinn because Pete knows talent.

Pete chose JS. If for some unexpected reason JS were to leave while Pete were still here, I have confidence that Pete would find another diamond in the rough to handle football operations.

kpak76

Reaction score
This is very OT, but is it me or does everyone else on here think Paul Allen is the greatest owner in sports? The way he keeps John Nordstrom in the loop, and giving him a superbowl ring shows this man gets it. He gets the history of this team and sees how important it is. The fact he allows Nordstrom to be a very big part of the team still is awsome. Also the fact he shows no sort of loyalty to Behring shows how much he understands the region. Of course it's not too hard seeing as he lives here but he could just have said screw you Nordstrom and no ring for you.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I hope when PC and JS retire from their positions they stay on board and have a say in operations. Just help keep the style of coaching and player personnel relatively the same as we have seen from them.

sc85sis

Reaction score
kearly":vqxoqx7e said:
Pete has a lot of ability for identifying talent, and not just player talent. The assistant coaching staff has been strong across the board since he came here. When Bradley left, Seattle upgraded with Quinn because Pete knows talent.

Pete chose JS. If for some unexpected reason JS were to leave while Pete were still here, I have confidence that Pete would find another diamond in the rough to handle football operations.
I suspect people are more concerned about JS staying long term after Pete eventually leaves.