hypothetical Russell holdout (lynch related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
With all the anti-lynch talk here. Say after this season Russell holds out which is a very big possibility. Will there be anti-russell talk here? It saddens me to see beast mode being written off and called greedy. I for one would love to see lynch retire as a hawk. What he has done for this team is priceless.

lynch career rushes 1733 ap career rushes 2033

Why is lynch on the downside of his career but ap isn't with more rushes and blown out knees?

What if lynch just wants security? This fo has shown itself to be very cutthroat IMHO when it comes to veterans.
Just some random thoughts at work

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":wz0qifs9 said:
With all the anti-lynch talk here. Say after this season Russell holds out which is a very big possibility. Will there be anti-russell talk here?

If Wilsonl were the 5th highest paid quarterback in the league and he held out, then yes there'd be some anti-Wilson talk, but Wilson is EXTREMELY underpaid and once we are able to offer an extension, we'd be foolish not to.

You are comparing apples to oranges here.

OP
OP
hawksincebirth

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
kidhawk":2hf1m89w said:
hawksincebirth":2hf1m89w said:
With all the anti-lynch talk here. Say after this season Russell holds out which is a very big possibility. Will there be anti-russell talk here?

If Wilsonl were the 5th highest paid quarterback in the league and he held out, then yes there'd be some anti-Wilson talk, but Wilson is EXTREMELY underpaid and once we are able to offer an extension, we'd be foolish not to.

Has lynch said he wants more money ??

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
hawksincebirth wrote, " Say after this season Russell holds out which is a very big possibility."

LOL...that's about as likely as the sun not rising tomorrow morning!

OP
OP
hawksincebirth

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin said:
hawksincebirth wrote, " Say after this season Russell holds out which is a very big possibility."

LOL...that's about as likely as the sun not rising tomorrow morning![/quote

How do you know this. Is Russell Wilson not aware that he is the least paid starter in the league?

OP
OP
hawksincebirth

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
hawksincebirth said:
Bigpumpkin said:

LOL...that's about as likely as the sun not rising tomorrow morning![/quote

I did say hypothetical right??

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":30g16us0 said:
kidhawk":30g16us0 said:
hawksincebirth":30g16us0 said:

I didn't say he wanted money did I? What I said was it would be a fair comparison if they were both among the top paid at their position instead of one at the top and the other being at the bottom, a holdout would make more sense for Wilson.

OP
OP
hawksincebirth

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
kidhawk":3nq2sb1k said:
hawksincebirth":3nq2sb1k said:
kidhawk":3nq2sb1k said:
hawksincebirth":3nq2sb1k said:

I didn't say he wanted money did I? What I said was it would be a fair comparison if they were both among the top paid at their position instead of one at the top and the other being at the bottom, a holdout would make more sense for Wilson.
I didn't say you did in fact i think that was just a question. Read it again if your not sure

kidhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3ftrscg0 said:
hawksincebirth":3ftrscg0 said:
kidhawk":3ftrscg0 said:

I didn't say you did in fact i think that was just a question. Read it again if your not sure

If you aren't saying I did, then perhaps you shouldn't quote what I said when you write the question.

Getting past that....Until the holdout is over, we won't know what Lynch wants....we may not even know for a fact then. It's all supposition. The point of my posts and I'm sure many who have read your OP is that there is no comparing the two situations as you tried to do. They just wouldn't be similar enough.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Nobody has said what exactly what Lynch wants but the only reason to hold out is more money, likely in the form of more guaranteed money as a token of saying we want you hear AT LEAST the next 2 years. Maybe longer.

Russell's contract CAN NOT be renegotiated until next year per the CBA. A holdout would literally do nothing. They aren't allowed to rework his deal. He will likely end up being paid top 5 money and could hold out but you can bet your ass that his deal will be done next summer. Likely before any Cam/ Luck deals so they don't have to deal with one upping whoever got paid before him.

Literally apples to oranges

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":213to21m said:
Fair.. I could of been more clear. My comparison wasn't based on salary.

I can't say what Lynch wants or doesn't want, but in generic terms, what else would a person in a holdout want besides money (assuming extending a contract to be considered money).

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Some 12 fans think he isn't worth 18 million per year. If RW holds out for say 24 million/year there will no doubt be fans calling him greedy. Main difference is he has leverage as another team WILL give him that offer because he is young and the career of a franchise qb is longer. Also franchise qb are most valuable.

Cartire

Reaction score
First of all. You are out of your mind if you think the FO would ever let it get to a Hold-out. I cant even remember the last Franchise QB holdout.

the ditch

Reaction score
The front office has shown a dedication to work with the people that they want here and to pay them. I think a lot of this comes down to Marshawn being a really unique individual with how he handles himself. He seems extremely stubborn to a fault and I also think that's a lot of the reason we like him. He seems to be the exception here not the rule. Look at Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, these are guys the front office wanted and kept with no problems as far as I know. So yeah, I think it's probably unlikely he would hold out and he probably get a pretty big pay day.

Polaris

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is going to get paid next year and paid well, and the F.O. has quietly been moving money and shuffling things around to allow for it. While I don't expect Wilson's agent to roll over and die, I doubt that we'll hear much about the details until the deal is done, and I'd be shocked if a long term deal locking him up as our Franchise QB isn't inked within 48hours of the minimum time that the CBA allows such a deal to be made. In fact I'd be suprised if both sides didn't already have an unofficial understanding of what a deal will likely look like.

The only way I can see this changing is if Wilson somehow suddenly falls off the earth this season....which I somehow think is about as likely as our sun going supernovae tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.