Buying Tickets on StubHub?

RussJames

Reaction score
Is StubHub reliable? I've been living in Colorado for the past couple years and finally have a chance to see Seattle play down here. The game's next Thursday already so I have to figure something out soon. Does anyone have any insight on StubHub? There's some seats available in the lower level (highest row though) that are around the 50 yard line for $80. Seems like a really good deal, which worries me a bit.

And is there a way to verify tickets after purchasing them?

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
The tickets are guaranteed to be legit or you get your money back. I've bought from Stubhub several times, never had an issue with fake tickets.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Stubhub is safe and secure.
You will pay a premium price but IMHO worth the piece of mind.
As stated above they guarantee the tickets with full refund or better seats.

OP
OP
RussJames

RussJames

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses folks! Just purchased. Should be one of the more exciting preseason games, you know, because of that whole Super Bowl thing... Can't wait to see the youngsters competing for those roster spots!

seanoob

Reaction score
Glad to hear, just bought a few tickets myself from stubhub.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Bought several times. U will pay more than face value, but worth the security

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
stubhub is but one of the re-sellers that has a guarantee of tickets. done by way of requiring sellers to have a cc to sell and they charge it if you fail to deliver or your tix are not legit.

I used them for the Stanley cup finals and some dude backed out of the sale and SH go replacements better than the originals.

as noted, I would use seatgeek and tiqiq which aggregate tickets for resale on many sites, many of which have guarantees to make sure you get the best deals.

I purchased my SB tix this way. mostly using tiqiq and purchase was via TNDirect - also guaranteed - actually sold by national sports in manahattan...and of course they got me in from the other thread I posted some of my pix in;.

Stubhub actually is the most expensive of the options I have seen that offer a guarantee. Their market dominance has waned in the past few years...

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Keep in mind, the key difference between Ticketmaster and the other sites is that TM guarantees the tickets while the other sites guarantee your money. Some of them are willing to substitute an alternate ticket if there are problems with the sale and tickets are still available. A subtle difference, but an important one if you are travelling to an important game where it is worth the extra money to ensure that you have a ticket.

With TM, the seller inputs the bar code from his ticket and TM issues the buyer a new ticket with a new bar code that invalidates the sellers bar code. This guarantees that you have a valid ticket and will be admitted to the stadium.

With the other sites, there is no invalidation of the original ticket so there is some slight theoretical risk that you could be given an invalid ticket or the seller could sell hard copies of his tickets to a second buyer and you are stuck arguing at the gate over who has the right to the seats. You will get your money back from these sights (some are better about issuing refunds than others), and the seller will be banned from the site, but there is a (admittedly very small) chance that you will not be admitted to the game.

When I go for a regular season game that I can live without attending, I buy from one of the non TM sites. For the NFCCG, the peace of mind of knowing I had a valid ticket was well worth paying the extra premium.

- bsd

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
TO all of you looking for tickets.... NFL EXHANGE is the only place you should buy them.. it is the season ticket holders tickets. direct...... it is where we put them up for sale because it is the ONLY place that if you sell through them you waive ALL RESPONSIBLITY and the buyer is guaranteed to get the tickets..... NOTE: if you buy them on stub hub., Get drunk and get kicked out so real fans can get the tickets :) ohhh i'm gonna take some heat for that one...from the third party people that buy tickets for profit.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
If TM didn't charge such comparatively high fees for reissuing tickets, that is exactly what I would do. Unfortunately, they have left the market wide open for other companies to undercut them by a significant margin, so those other companies are getting my money for the less essential games.

I'm much happier when my money goes to a STH who simply couldn't make it to a specific game, but there is no guarantee of that even with TM. Still, they have you over a barrel, so I go with them for the games that may never come again like the NFCCG.

-bsd

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I've bought tickets from Stubhub, Craigslist, Ticketmaster and Vividseats and I've never been screwed over before. Maybe I'm just lucky. I think the only time I'd be really nervous are the actual scalpers outside the stadium

-The Glove-

Reaction score
ZagHawk":23gvt9so said:
I've bought tickets from Stubhub, Craigslist, Ticketmaster and Vividseats and I've never been screwed over before. Maybe I'm just lucky. I think the only time I'd be really nervous are the actual scalpers outside the stadium

I bought season tickets last year from craigslist. And I bought the NFCCG tix from eBay. I've been lucky as well

ZagHawk

Reaction score
The thing that sucks is all the SAFE payments and Selling web sites, also have the most fees associated for the seller and therefore the price fore the buyer is the highest too. I guess you can't have it all (unless of course you're a STH :p )

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Bigskydoc....

My SB tix were bought from one of the old so called guaranteed price only - in fact a small one, TN direct. Funny, and I have my spreadsheets to prove, but they were about 900 less per ticket for the same ones on your guaranteed ticket site. Was I worried. No. Not one second.

Sorry, but if that's for the SB, any of the large stubhub sellers will easily get replacements for a given game. But if OP wants to buy insurance, sure, buy through the means you suggest.

Buy through Craigslist, then good luck.

And if it was DEAD easy for SH to get replacement tix for the Stanley cup, when there was only 1200 tix for sale, versus the SB, where at times, there were 18000 for sale, I'm good with them being able to go into the market to get replacements.

Sorry, but your post is fear mongering.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":2sguquwd said:
TO all of you looking for tickets.... NFL EXHANGE is the only place you should buy them.. it is the season ticket holders tickets. direct...... it is where we put them up for sale because it is the ONLY place that if you sell through them you waive ALL RESPONSIBLITY and the buyer is guaranteed to get the tickets..... NOTE: if you buy them on stub hub., Get drunk and get kicked out so real fans can get the tickets :) ohhh i'm gonna take some heat for that one...from the third party people that buy tickets for profit.
So NFL exchange gets the profit. So you sell your tixs at face value? On this NFL exchange? If so, what do they sell them for......oh that's right, not face value.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":1r9i666g said:
hawks4thewin":1r9i666g said:
So NFL exchange gets the profit. So you sell your tixs at face value? On this NFL exchange? If so, what do they sell them for......oh that's right, not face value.

Let me rephrase this so its easier to understand what I was trying to say. I will say it in statements.
Any reseller is going to take there cut.,
NFL exchange is the only safe place for season ticket holders to sell from.
If you get kicked out of the game the ticket holder (original one) can lose there tickets.
You are 100% guaranteed tickets through NFL exchange, NOT just the COST you paid.

Hopefully that helps.

Tical21

Reaction score
Ticket brokers are the debbil. We used to be able to afford to go to sporting events.

OP
OP
RussJames

RussJames

Reaction score
So I just got the tickets in the mail and on them it says the value is $145... I paid $80... A bit worrying I think.

Unless that price on the ticket is the overall cost for both tickets? But, I don't think so.

Is there any way at all to verify the tickets? They look very legit, but who knows, you can do anything with photoshop these days..

Hawkfish

Reaction score
They put variable pricing on the tickets. My season tickets have some for $80, others for $100 (GB, Dallas, SF). $55 for the preseason.