Marshawn Lynch reports to training camp (updated)

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
*strokes mustache* You win this round, Seattle. Next time....NEXT TIME!!!!

Hope he came his senses and realized it was a mistake to hold out. I also wonder how many people will pretend they're glad to have him back when they wanted him gone.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Yes!!!! Great news!

Also from Adam Schefter: "Marshawn Lynch will not receive new deal and added money he sought but Seattle expected to add some financial concessions to his contract."

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":m54r8j1y said:
*strokes mustache* You win this round, Seattle. Next time....NEXT TIME!!!!

Hope he came his senses and realized it was a mistake to hold out. I also wonder how many people will pretend they're glad to have him back when they wanted him gone.

See, this is silly - I knew that we couldn't give in with regards to anything that would result in a Cap Hit, and that if we needed to move on without Marshawn that we'd have to make due, but I NEVER wanted him gone. Marshawn clearly makes us better.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Just as I'd projected.....along with no changes to his contract and the Hawks waving the fines that he'd accrued. Those parts remain to be seen, however.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just cuz I wanted to try the "tweet" tag for the first time

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/494922148981391361[/tweet]

kidhawk

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":2hphglye said:
Just as I'd projected.....along with no changes to his contract and the Hawks waving the fines that he'd accrued. Those parts remain to be seen, however.

They aren't saying NO changes to his contract, just not what he was asking for. There appears to be a slight adjustment in his contract, maybe bringing some of next year's money forward or something, but honestly, just forgiving the fines is technically a raise at this point.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
:229031_thewave: :229031_thewave: :229031_thewave:
:fam: :fam: :fam: :fam: :fam:
I knew it! Now that Sharknado 2 is over, Marshawn can concentrate on football.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
kidhawk":319moksm said:
NorthDallas40oz":319moksm said:

They aren't saying NO changes to his contract, just not what he was asking for. There appears to be a slight adjustment in his contract, maybe bringing some of next year's money forward or something
Moving some of next year's money forward into this year IS what he was asking for, and they've already reported that that's not happening.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2xg3l12e said:
Seattle expected to add some financial concessions to his contract.

Skittles and Sizzler allowance.

Maybe one of those skittles vending machine's in his locker and a Sizzler franchise inside the Clink?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":16u3jzho said:
kidhawk":16u3jzho said:
NorthDallas40oz":16u3jzho said:

They aren't saying NO changes to his contract, just not what he was asking for. There appears to be a slight adjustment in his contract, maybe bringing some of next year's money forward or something
Moving some of next year's money forward into this year IS what he was asking for, and they've already reported that that's not happening.
It was never reported exactly what he wanted.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
He is not getting a new contract they are just changing the original contract.. Ok what ever....just happy he is comming back.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3mj8mclu said:
NorthDallas40oz":3mj8mclu said:
kidhawk":3mj8mclu said:
NorthDallas40oz":3mj8mclu said:

It was never reported exactly what he wanted.

Yes, that guy is full of it to pretend he knows what was being negotiated or what was agreed upon. That being said, he is probably correct.