Please help me understand why the Hawks won't reup MRob

hawkpride

Reaction score
So now that Beast is heading back, it got me to thinking if maybe the holdout had something also to do with his "eye's" MRob. I mean we all know how important MRob is to Beast, and he's a hell of a player. Surly the Hawks will have enough room on the roster once all the injuries and cuts have played out.
I can't believe age is the only factor in this. Any thoughts?

Did I miss something?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think it was a mutual decision. MRob has moved on to other things. He's now an analyst on NFL Network and is debuting his Real Mike Rob Report on a Virginia Radio Station Next month.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
And after seven or so years in the league, even a minimum salary deal is going to cost upwards of $1 million, and things are getting a little tight in the cap as it is.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Seemed pretty clear to me that Mike Rob was interested in retiring. beyond that FB isn't a position where you spend money anyways.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Mike Rob is effectively retired. He has said as much.

GawksAtHawks

Reaction score
Also M-Rob can't take anti inflammation meds anymore. He said on NFL Network the other day if he took them again he could end up dead. I can't imagine trying to play a full season at fullback dishing out and receiving the kind of hits he would take without them and still play at the same level.

Largent80

Reaction score
M-Rob got his ring and that was after almost dying earlier in the year. It simply is time to hang em up and do his awesome video. He is very smart. Plus we have Coleman, Ware and Small.

kearly

Reaction score
Robinson had to play through a ton of pain last season due to his inability to take large quantities of anti-inflammatories. Robinson was an upgrade over Coleman at FB but not by much. Seattle still finished dead last in power running situations and towards the end of the year Pete opted for jumbo packages over fullback ones.

If he came back I'm not sure he would help the team all that much, and he'd have to suffer day in and day out.

It sure would be nice if our other fullbacks didn't suck so much.

OP
OP
hawkpride

hawkpride

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, now I get it. Didn't know about the meds. problem. Knew I could count on .NET for clarification.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Im pretty sure MRob's role in Lynch's success was always over-inflated. Lynch called him his eyes and suddenly 75% of hawk fans were convinced that we can't run without mrob.

The guy was mediocre at best last year and he is at the point where he is more likely to be dead weight than an asset.

IMO the real rob report was one of the worst things to happen to seahawks fandom. It caused too many people to focus on off-field stuff (we cant trade moffit! Hes awesome on the RRR! We can't cut MRob, we need the RRR!).

Mrob is done

drdiags

Reaction score
MRob mentions that he cannot take anti-inflammatory meds for the rest of his life. He also mentioned that it took him until Saturday to feel better from the week before, yet he still has mentioned that if the right team called him he would consider playing. That is why he hasn't retired officially.

Seems to me that in his mind he knows he is done, but in his heart he still cannot officially say it is over. This was from what I have heard and read him say up to a few weeks ago. He may be doing his media transition but I don't know if he has 100% thrown in the towel. At least he seems a little vague at times when he is asked whether it is over.

I like MRob and hope he is able to find that next career where he can make his mark.

I get the impression that the Seahawks had always thought of last year as it for MRob, even if he hadn't gotten ill. When they gave him the extension a few years ago, it was done with the plan that this year a new FB would be in place. Look at last year's draft, as well as this one. MRob's time here was over. He knew it and probably has some minor ill feelings about it, but he knows it is a business.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":birwonyb said:
Im pretty sure MRob's role in Lynch's success was always over-inflated. Lynch called him his eyes and suddenly 75% of hawk fans were convinced that we can't run without mrob.

The guy was mediocre at best last year and he is at the point where he is more likely to be dead weight than an asset.

IMO the real rob report was one of the worst things to happen to seahawks fandom. It caused too many people to focus on off-field stuff (we cant trade moffit! Hes awesome on the RRR! We can't cut MRob, we need the RRR!).

Mrob is done
... and some people stay up late at night figuring out different ways to be a contrarian. [emoji6]

rideaducati

Reaction score
MRob can no longer take anti-inflammatory drugs so it takes him til Saturday following a Sunday game to recoup. He would be missing ALL practices and it would be dangerous for him to play a season that way. It's time for him to leave the game.