Who wins the competition at Right Tackle?

Who starts at RT?

• Michael Bowie

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Eric Winston

Votes: 72 67.9%
  • Justin Britt

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Alvin Bailey

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

hawknation2014

Reaction score
At least Winston knows he will not face Kam Chancellor in a game.
iub8osQoC6r9F.gif

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Largent80":1onv615h said:
Winston so easily. Experience trumps all. Bowie next, then Britt.

Going from McQuistan at LT to Winston at RT is really just treading water, IMO.

I hope Bowie gets healthy and steps up; he played very well last season as a rookie.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Winston. So happy to have this pick up to solidify the O-Line and give us a mentor for our young linemen.

I buy into the argument that last year was a fluke.

- bsd

Hawknballs

Reaction score
unless there is a reason we haven't heard about as to why Winston was available for so long I'd say that's the most obvious choice. Even though his season last year wasn't great he's been a solid vet for a while now.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Winston had a negative grade in both run and pass, per PFF, and was rated as a bottom-eight tackle. From what I saw of the Cardinals, that was an accurate rating.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think it was a solid pickup regardless of his friggin grades. He started games in the NFL vs. a rookie or 2nd year player.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3dy25f06 said:
Winston had a negative grade in both run and pass, per PFF, and was rated as a bottom-eight tackle. From what I saw of the Cardinals, that was an accurate rating.

He was also only in that system for one year and is moving back to a system he is more familiar with. I think the one year you are using is too small of a sample size.

King Dog

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3l7ygg9m said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I also believe he has had a good grade from PFF every year he has been in a ZBS.

General Manager

Reaction score
He prefers zone blocking they don't run that in Arizona. Hopefully he plays better in our system.

Tical21

Reaction score
I don't like Winston's feet. I've got Bailey, for no reason whatsoever.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
learned ZBS under alex gibbs.

arizona - does not use zbs and otherwise doesn't have good RBs.

I expect him to fit right in here and have a solid season at RT and go down as a great pickup for this season.

Largent80

Reaction score
Tical21":1we534r1 said:
I don't like Winston's feet. I've got Bailey, for no reason whatsoever.

He does have stinky feet.

And Bailey is my last name and I'm telling you I am a turnstile. However I appreciate the love.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
The more I learn about Winston, the more I like.

He's an upgrade over Giacomini, and if he reverts back to his Houston form, it will be a huge upgrade.

What I like the most is that Winston brings 119 starts to the table, when all the presumed starters only have 150 starts collectively in Okung (45), Unger (61), Carpenter (26), and Sweezy (18).

Winston, not only provides a lead by example mentor for Britt, but he also seems like a guy that will help Sweezy be more consistent on the field as well. Kind of like a Gray and Locklear thing.

Ultimately, I don't care what Winston did in Arizona. Its about what he can do for Seattle and in our system. Whomever is better and competes the hardest will get the gig, if its Winston... at least I know he'll become the Seahawks most experienced starter and he has experience against both the NFC West and AFC West Defensive Lines... 12 games worth in the last 2 years. Seahawks happen to play those 7 teams, ten times this year.

kearly

Reaction score
Britt has the anchor of a TE, and that's especially troubling since he's already 315 pounds. There's a lot to like about Britt, but I fear this could be a fatal flaw.

Bowie didn't look athletic enough to play tackle last season, and now he's got weight problems.

Bailey is a freak. He looks bigger than Carp or Bowie, and yet he can handle speed rushers no problem. The guy needs to be starting somewhere. If he is in Tom Cable's doghouse than it better be for a damn good reason.

Winston was good in the past when he was in a run first ZBS. He's getting good reviews in TC so far. He was poor last season in a power scheme, but I'm optimistic so far. If he can even give us what Giacomini gave us last season while starting 16 games, that would be huge for us.

Hawks46

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3n44eiyg said:
Winston. So happy to have this pick up to solidify the O-Line and give us a mentor for our young linemen.

I buy into the argument that last year was a fluke.

- bsd

Nothing to really buy into. Every year he's been in the zone blocking scheme, he's graded out at roughly twice what Breno did. Last year, they went to a power/man blocking scheme in AZ and it exposed Winston a bit. Plus, AZ's OL was a mess. We've all seen what happens when the guy next to a OLman goes down and the backup doesn't play well....it effects everyone.

I think Winston wins this easily. Britt will be the runner up. Bowie is good, but he came into camp out of shape, he's hurt, and he didn't take the competition seriously. That will get you buried on this team.

Early accounts from TC have Britt as stronger and possibly a better run blocker than Winston, and Winston graded out much better than Breno. Once Britt gets some pass pro technique down, the job will most likely be his, be that later this year or next year. Cable loves his run blockers and Britt being a nasty bruiser will be on his radar for sure.

HawkWow

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2r8bn6ii said:
hawknation2014":2r8bn6ii said:

He was also only in that system for one year and is moving back to a system he is more familiar with. I think the one year you are using is too small of a sample size.

This. I think Winston starts and Bailey / Britt will fight tooth and nail to dethrone him. Not giving up on Bowie (just yet) but the reports aren't so good.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
At all the camps I been to so far. its been brit, then Winston. He is a good pickup, but I think its britt's to lose.. if not this year then going forward, he looked great in camp.. Winston. does too but brit looks better we have the durability uncertainty though. baily has been playhing left tackle while Okung has been hurt., so he is the #1 backup at left tackle to Okung and lets face it.. he will have to come in.... Okung is squishy.