Benson Mayowa

seabowl

Reaction score
I'm not sure about anyone else here but I am really hoping Mayowa has a repeat of last years pre-season. If he performs I hope we get him in on more downs this year as he very well may be the replacement if a Avril walks after this year. One other note, does anyone know how Mike Taylor and Brock Coyle are doing thus far in training camp? I would love to see at least one of them make the team.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I heard Benson on ESPN on the way to town to visit a Vet Friend of mine. He sounded like he was kinda happy for the opportunity to work for the team. The other announcers said that he came from Idaho....and then tossed stats out and I think it may be good for him to get on the field.

Jville

Reaction score
seabowl":2n2xjtaz said:
I'm not sure about anyone else here but I am really hoping Mayowa has a repeat of last years pre-season. If he performs I hope we get him in on more downs this year as he very well may be the replacement if a Avril walks after this year. One other note, does anyone know how Mike Taylor and Brock Coyle are doing thus far in training camp? I would love to see at least one of them make the team.

Ken Norton, Dan Quinn and Pete Carroll have all been talking about Brock Coyle this week. Coyle has made a big impression on all of them while stepping in for Bobby Wagner.

Edit: Carroll noted that the plan is to get Coyle a lot of playing time including Saturday's scrimmage.

Hawks46

Reaction score
If they rest Wagner a bit more ( and our training staff usually is conservative) then Croyle will get more opportunity. If he just maintains the level he's already at and doesn't improve...he'll still make the team.

He's getting rave reviews from Norton and that is usually pretty hard, especially for a rookie. Norton doesn't like to give rooks too much credit.