Any of you buy this?.....

kidhawk

Reaction score
I learned long ago that when a player signs with a new team, things are said that need to be taken with a grain of salt. He wants to ingratiate himself with their fans and this is a safe way to do that. I find it highly unlikely that our confident team wanted to avoid any team out there.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
i didn't read the article but we would have destroyed the eagles.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I mean seriously do you really see earl thomas, richard sherman, kam chanceller all standing around the locker room talking about how they didn't want to play the eagles? really? can you really see that? really now?

Just try to picture it, it's absurd.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He lost me at "Their chemistry was even better than ours."

If their chemistry was so good why couldn't they beat the Saints...........at home?

The Eagles were, and are now a talented team led by a very good coach, but IMO this is purely Maragros hyping up his new team.

hawker84

Reaction score
Not only NO but H##L NO. We handled the Saints and Niners on the way to our first championship, but were secretly hoping we didn't have to face Foles and the Mighty Eagles. Uh Huh...

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I don't see the Seahawks as a team fearing anybody. Maybe it was Maragos projecting some of his own feelings. I don't doubt there was respect, bet the way he said "fear even" leads me to believe it is speculation on his part, or reading between the lines.

As far as his comments about camaraderie in the locker room, I think he's probably excited to start a new phase of his career, and that might color his perception of things. Of course, there is also the possibility that he didn't feel entirely included here for whatever reason. At any rate, I do take his comments with a couple grains of salt. But only a couple.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I saw the Eagles as a dark horse playoff team much like we were a dark horse team in 2012. I honestly had fear with any team we played, and that was my specific fear/respect for the Eagles if we played them. If the Cards can beat us at home, if the damn Bucs came THAT close to beating us at home. You think the Eagles wouldn't have been capable? I think they're going to be a team to notice this season.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Russell Wilson walks into a bar

says he's afraid to play the eagles

wakes up from a hilarious dream.

OP
OP
BeaHUman

BeaHUman

Reaction score
I agree with the tone of responses. I told the Eagles fan that first posted it to his FB page that I doubt the Hawks fear anyone. No doubt we would have likely been seeing Earl do a Tatupu on their goal posts....

Hawks46

Reaction score
You can take the NFC or AFC Pro Bowl team and put them in the CLink. I don't think our team is afraid of anyone at home.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
The Cowboys - who ran a very similar defensive scheme last year as the Seahawks - had one of the worst defenses in NFL history. And even they shutout the Eagles on their home field (admittedly, prior to Nick Foles' 'arrival'). I can appreciate Maragos' comments about the Hawks' "unfamiliarity" with the Eagles' offense had they faced off in the playoffs, but I don't think it would have mattered much. I also can appreciate the 'PR' aspect of Maragos' comments, and view them entirely as being intended to compliment the Philly offense and in no way to paint the Seahawks or their defense as being in any way fearful, intimidated or disjointed.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I beat the Hawks will love t o give Maragos some chemistry :lol:

Yeah I just do not see this team really fearing much. They know how to play hard nosed football and I think PC can handle Chip's offense.

Now I like how the Eagles are being put together and hope they kick the NFC east teams in the arse.

A

Anonymous

kidhawk":1ucouhun said:
I learned long ago that when a player signs with a new team, things are said that need to be taken with a grain of salt. He wants to ingratiate himself with their fans and this is a safe way to do that. I find it highly unlikely that our confident team wanted to avoid any team out there.

This, X100.

Maragos understands what needs to be said and done.

Yes, the Eagles have a young, up-and-coming roster of talented folks, and yes, they have a great coach that knows how to gamble when he needs to. But they would not have beat us, especially in Seattle.

I agree with nBalls, we'd have destroyed those guys.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
It should also be noted - in fairness to Maragos - that he never said that the Hawks "feared" the Eagles or thought they would lose to Philly if they played them. "Fear" was the writer's word, in very loosely paraphrasing Maragos. Maragos was simply answering the question of who the Hawks felt (defensively) would make the most "challenging" offensive opponent amongst the other NFC playoff teams. I thought Maragos' answer to that question was honest, thoughtful and made a lot of sense.

tifferradish

Reaction score
Chris Maragos is a turd. Anyone could replace him, and he knows that, so he talks trash to compensate for the fact that we didn't re-sign him. The Eagles are a fad/trendy team with their flashy offense last year, which was exploited. If they played us AT ALL last year, we would have destroyed them. Plain and simple. Their offense may be fast, but our defense is faster, and better. After reading the article and the replies, it seems to me that Maragos was the only one scared. I know he's trying to pump up his new team, and get on the fans side, but realistically, Hawks would whoop that ass.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
There are some portions of the article that are somewhat believable. Eagles were more of an unknown than the other possible teams to face. But, for sure Maragos sensationalizes whatever might have been said between the players (if anything at all.) I personally preferred to face the Saints again vs. the Eagles since they were peaking at the right time. But, it proved to be the visiting Saints that took care of business in their house. Therefore, this is a non-issue. The Eagles had their shot. Got beat.

I do think the Eagles will likely take the NFC East this year. But, they no longer have D. Jackson. We'll see. Games commence soon.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I highly doubt that the Seahawks were scared to face anybody. The Eagles were arguably the hottest team at the end of the season but they couldn't beat the Saints (at home).

Cartire

Reaction score
tifferradish":9c3o8l71 said:
Chris Maragos is a turd. Anyone could replace him, and he knows that, so he talks trash to compensate for the fact that we didn't re-sign him. The Eagles are a fad/trendy team with their flashy offense last year, which was exploited. If they played us AT ALL last year, we would have destroyed them. Plain and simple. Their offense may be fast, but our defense is faster, and better. After reading the article and the replies, it seems to me that Maragos was the only one scared. I know he's trying to pump up his new team, and get on the fans side, but realistically, Hawks would whoop that ass.

You obviously didnt read the article.

Another headline hero.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Reading the comments on that article made me smile. It's a good reminder of what the offseason is like when you aren't the champs. I don't miss those days and am not in a hurry to return to them anytime soon