The Push back for defense

chris98251

Reaction score
Reading PFT and it appears that there is some push back starting to happen. Good that means that not only us but other teams are going to be on the Officials ass for ticky tacky calls and BS.

Here are some links..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...that-defense-needs-to-be-coached-differently/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ed-about-emphasis-on-fouls-against-receivers/

With the start of Pre Season upon us the more stories from players and Coaches that pop up the better, more delays and red flags etc, best way to stop NFL stupidity is for games to be longer and coaches using the media to argue the case of the officials dictating game outcome etc.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete did say after yesterday's practice that the refs invited to practice threw flags extremely liberally and often.

I'm not worried. Skill, technique and scheme is why we have the best DB's in the league, not because we cheat or get away with holding..........or any of the other BS reasons other people say we dominate.

Everyone has to play by the new rules, not just us.

kearly

Reaction score
The rules committee did something like this in 2004 and the result was that defensive holding penalties almost tripled the next season. I don't know if I believe this stat, but supposedly there were only 34 defensive holds called in the entire NFL last season and Seattle allegedly had 0 of them. Find that so hard to believe, but that's what Clayton has been reporting.

sc85sis

Reaction score
That would fit with Pereira saying they didn't watch any Seahawks film when reviewing the new rule.

As to the practice flags, I think Pete also said he told the refs to be liberal with them because they needed to learn the new rules and how they'd get called.