Dallas Cowboys sign DE Ken Boatright to two-year contract

bigDhawk

Reaction score
LINK

I was surprised when he got cut early in camp. And after Monstar went down with the knee injury I was hoping Boatright would get a call back. But with Cowboys second round pick DE Demarcus Lawrence going down with a foot injury a couple days prior, they beat us to it. And they signed him to a 2-year contract(!) no less. Rather unusual for a player that was previously nothing more than practice squad stuffing. I'd like to think that says as much about our program and depth as it does him. I'll be watching him close here in BigD. Wish him all the best...but not so much that he turns into a stud that we let get away.

Jville

Reaction score
“So grateful to have a second chance to play the game I love.” Ken Boatright

Also .......
Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta

Cornerback Chandler Fenner, cut a few days ago by Seattle, has signed with the Giants.
Link >>> [urltargetblank]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/495318336008241154[/urltargetblank]

MB12

Reaction score
I will be shocked if the Cowboys do better than 5-11

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Actually there's nothing unusual about it at all - multi-year minimum contracts are standard for players with no accrued service time. It allows the signing team to lock them up at minimum money on non-guaranteed deals, so there's no risk involved for the team. All of our rookies, including UDFA's, and everybody else's are signed to standard multi-year deals as prescribed by the CBA.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
bigDhawk":2cyu8aw9 said:
LINK

I was surprised when he got cut early in camp. And after Monstar went down with the knee injury I was hoping Boatright would get a call back. But with Cowboys second round pick DE Demarcus Lawrence going down with a foot injury a couple days prior, they beat us to it. And they signed him to a 2-year contract(!) no less. Rather unusual for a player that was previously nothing more than practice squad stuffing. I'd like to think that says as much about our program and depth as it does him. I'll be watching him close here in BigD. Wish him all the best...but not so much that he turns into a stud that we let get away.

Why would Jesse Williams injury have any impact on Ken Boatright? Boatright's a LEO/DE, Jesse Williams is a inside tackle or 5-technique. Entirely different positions, body type ect.

Jville

Reaction score
kenneth boatright @Bigboat54 · 3h

Want to say I appreciate all the support I got from the #12thMan you guys are great

Replied to 0 times

kenneth boatright @Bigboat54 · 3h

Thank you y'all for the warm welcome to cowboy nation

Seafan

Reaction score
Brandon Denmark and Jackson Jeffcoat have a better chance at making the practice squad than Boatright. Why sweat it?

OP
OP
bigDhawk

bigDhawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1bjr19iq said:
bigDhawk":1bjr19iq said:
LINK

Why would Jesse Williams injury have any impact on Ken Boatright? Boatright's a LEO/DE, Jesse Williams is a inside tackle or 5-technique. Entirely different positions, body type ect.

The point was not so much that Boatright was a direct Jesse Williams comp, but that the Williams injury was a good excuse to get Boatright - who i just have a feeling is going to be a good player - back on the roster. I was sad when they cut him, and I am sad again that the Cowgirls scooped him up. Besides, it's not like teams always replace players position-for-position when a roster spot is vacated early in training camp.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I'd like to see the Cowboys win their opener.

wise donkey

Reaction score
bigDhawk":1sxyy409 said:
jlwaters1":1sxyy409 said:
bigDhawk":1sxyy409 said:
LINK

The point was not so much that Boatright was a direct Jesse Williams comp, but that the Williams injury was a good excuse to get Boatright - who i just have a feeling is going to be a good player - back on the roster. I was sad when they cut him, and I am sad again that the Cowgirls scooped him up. Besides, it's not like teams always replace players position-for-position when a roster spot is vacated early in training camp.

"...I just have a FEELING"? Thats what were going on now?