Legion of Boom - Every Big Hit Video

RussJames

Reaction score
[vimeo]102370553[/vimeo]

I divided the video up into four different sections.

0:41 - 5:54... The first sections is all Shoulder Checks and Decleaters. I'm sure there's a more accurate term than "shoulder check" for the type of hit, but it's really all I could think of. It's basically the same thing as a body check in hockey. Stay low, lean your upper body forward, and drive your shoulder through the shoulder of the foo' that's 'bout to get his scraggly ass knocked out. No wrap-up, just pure unadulterated force. Kam is the master of this hit.

5:55 - 9:41... The second section consists of Profile Tackles, Hawk Tackles, and Spears. Pete Carroll recently released an instructional video on how to properly tackle and broke down the tackles into 3 different catagories: Profile tackles, Hawk tackles and Hawk Roll tackles. Simply put, it's teaching guys to lead with the shoulder (not the head) and wrap-up. Profile tackles are shoulder-to-shoulder, Hawk tackles are shoulder-to-waist, and "Spears" I consider leading with the helmet; shit happens.

9:42 - 11:24... The third section includes Wrap-Ups and Hawk Roll Tackles. Earl and the CB's own this section. There's a whole slew of "hawk roll" tackles on tape, I just picked out a select few that caught my eye.

11:25 - end... The fourth section consists of a few Body Slams and some Roughhousing. Brandon Browner's OG antics will forever be missed.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I get nervous for Earl a bit. Keep your head up and maybe don't try and drill those TE's who outweigh you by 60 pounds

ivotuk

Reaction score
That is absolutely rockin! Man I lol'd a couple of times, especially on Kam's tackle at 5:28 where he blocks the fullback who hits the RB and knocks him down! :D Then at 7:30 When ET whams that guy, then runs over and air chest bumps Kam, knocking him over. You see Kam get up with a huge grin on his face.

Love the LOB! Thank you Pete Carroll and John Schneider and crew.

Thanks for the effort. COuld I get that song list?

NYCoug

Reaction score
It's past 5 AM and I've got to work at noon tomorrow, so I shouldn't have even seen this video, but I'm glad I did! Excellent stuff! Thank you for pretty much combing through every game during the Carroll era. You are doing the lord's work right here. The music was pretty damn good (I was a little hurt when I didn't hear Ice Cube come through with the vocals though, gotta admit haha) and, minus Part 4 (which is the best part) it pretty much goes in line with the video about Hawk Tackling.

Watching some of those hits brought me back. Seeing some of those names in that Earl Thomas clip where he blows up the receiver (and himself!) during his rookie year... Tyjuan Hagler. Guys that you forget about when you get caught up in the current success. This has honestly inspired me to watch every game during the Carroll Era before the season starts. I don't ever want to forget where we came from. God bless my buddy Greg and his subscription to NFL Game Rewind. Also, as the years go by, I fall more and more in love with our current uniform/color scheme. I really loved watching these hits show guys like Kam in both jerseys. It's seriously like witnessing pro football evolution, both in the way the team looks and in the way they play. Much like everything else during the Carroll/Schneider (and shoutout to mah boy Peter McLoughlin!) era, the Seahawks knocked it out of the park with that move.

But back to you RussJames. Thank you good sir. Truly awesome stuff! You get a Pete Carroll monocle strut for your troubles.

198af2kcuq5fwgif.gif

45Hawker

Reaction score
Great job. Excellent music selection, too (J5!). Thanks for sharing.

Brahn

Reaction score
@3:00 Thomas with dreds?Why do I not recall that.

sturg78

Reaction score
Love me some LOB but I also have a new level of respect for Witten. I had forgotten how he managed to catch everything in that game despite getting hammered on 75% of his catches.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
That was a great hype video for the offseason! Excellent work!

It was awesome to see Maxwell and Lane bodyslammin' fools near the end...LOB lives on!!!

OP
OP
RussJames

RussJames

Reaction score
Brahn":1uzr5k9i said:
@3:00 Thomas with dreds?Why do I not recall that.

Haha yeah. He used to have dread locks waaaaayyy back in 2012.

ctown12

Reaction score
Great video! Makes waiting for the season even that much more difficult!