Michael Bowie on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Pete said it was serious and Bowie is getting surgery today on his shoulder. He sounded sad and disappointed (obviously).

bigtrain21

Reaction score
That's disappointing but we still have 3 options competing for the position in Bailey, Britt, and Winston. I am even more glad we signed Winston now.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing Bailey at right Tackle either. I don't understand what Cable has against guys that can pass block.

jake206

Reaction score
OL depth is shot...not good going into season. Back to square 1 for offensive pass protection. I'm afraid to say it, but, RW is going to get sacked alot. :pukeface:

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
All they have been saying all week was that he just "banged" his shoulder and he'd be back any day now. Weird. Did the x-rays just come back today or something. That's one of the dangers of,showing up to camp out of shape, more easily injured.

Jville

Reaction score
Bowie didn't show up in good shape and ready to work last spring. And, he didn't show up in good shape and ready to work this spring. Would that be a pattern?

Time to move on I would think.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
jake206":395qwslt said:
OL depth is shot...not good going into season. Back to square 1 for offensive pass protection. I'm afraid to say it, but, RW is going to get sacked alot. :pukeface:

It's one guy, we'll be fine. I'd be much more worried if I was a 49er's fan right now, they have major contributors dropping like flies.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Jville":cada2lbz said:
Bowie didn't show up in good shape and ready to work last spring. And, he didn't show up in good shape and ready to work this spring. Would that be a pattern?

Absolute madness. He's lucky, IMO, to be going to IR. How the heck can a young man piss all over such an opportunity? He showed promise but this pattern suggests he's not right in the head. Again very peculiar reports coming from the team regarding injury and IR.

Jville

Reaction score
Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta

Sounds like the Seahawks will pick up OT Cory Brandon, who was just released by the Cardinals, to take the place of Bowie on the roster.
[urltargetblank]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/495701926927818754[/urltargetblank]

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Might want to change the title. He was waived/injured, not IR'ed.

Another team could pick him up in theory.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":343b12dk said:
jake206":343b12dk said:

It's one guy, we'll be fine. I'd be much more worried if I was a 49er's fan right now, they have major contributors dropping like flies.

We sure weren't fine last year. But I love your optimism just the same.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
HawkWow":ghoh9pwi said:
Hawkfiend":ghoh9pwi said:
jake206":ghoh9pwi said:

We sure weren't fine last year. But I love your optimism just the same.

Well.... we won the Super Bowl. I think I would consider that "fine".

HawkWow

Reaction score
DavidSeven":if1kb7zr said:

Another team could pick him up in theory.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification, David.

And if the Pats don't grab him we will know he's not worth keeping.

Jville

Reaction score
By the way Carroll mentioned that Jesse Williams injured his good knee ... not the one that was repaired and rehabbed.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
jake206":1sydvjun said:

Does blitzer88 know that you are attempting to take his title?

kearly

Reaction score
DavidSeven":vl4hqims said:

Oh wow. They are giving up on Bowie just like that?

Scotte was right. The "Wally Pipp" comments Pete made a few days ago were pretty damning.

Status
Not open for further replies.