Hall of Fame Ceremony--Walter is up next (6:18pm Saturday)

sc85sis

Reaction score
Tune in now on NFL network. Walter's turn to officially be inducted is up after the current commercial break.

Edit: It's also live on ESPN2 & WatchESPN.com

HawkWow

Reaction score
Greatest tackle ever. Greatest Hawk ever. Greatest team mate ever. Great day for us all. Thanks Walt...and thanks for bringing attention to #45. Class personified.

drdiags

Reaction score
Really loved his speech. NIce tip of the hat to players like Munoz and his fellow LTs. Nice job!

Steve2222

Reaction score
Good on him for virtually using his entire speech to give thanks to others. Pretty cool to see most the Holmgren era Hawks in attendance with each other as well. And very cool ending the Speech with "Go Seahawks and I love Seattle."

HawkWow

Reaction score
Boomer's been good to us, but dropped the ball in mentioning Holmgren but not Easley for future HOF, imo.

Steve2222

Reaction score
HawkWow":1lggcsp0 said:
Boomer's been good to us, but dropped the ball in mentioning Holmgren but not Easley for future HOF, imo.

Not a chance Easleys getting in that's why. His career was far too short. Him and Sterling Sharpe were great players, but didn't have the longevity which is a huge part of the Hall.

OP
OP
sc85sis

sc85sis

Reaction score
Gale Sayers had a short career and got in--deservedly. Kenny should too. And I hate the UCLA Bruins. LOL

Steve2222

Reaction score
sc85sis":22bma4yg said:
Gale Sayers had a short career and got in--deservedly. Kenny should too. And I hate the UCLA Bruins. LOL

True. But if Sayers put up that resume in today's NFL standards for the Hall he wouldn't have gotten in.

chris98251

Reaction score
Easley retired due to a medical condition, his numbers were off the charts and his contributions and game changing ability legendary. I think he may get a nomination and could get in for his body of work while he was in the league. They do those special inductions occasionally.

Kenny Easley

Kenneth Mason Easley Jr.

Position: DB
Height: 6-3 Weight: 206 lbs.

Born: January 15, 1959 in Chesapeake, VA (Age 55.199)
High School: Oscar E. Smith
College: UCLA (school history) (Easley college stats)
Drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the 1st round (4th overall) of the 1981 NFL Draft.

Weighted Career AV (100-95-...): 60 (883rd overall since 1950)
5-time Pro Bowler & 3-time First-Team All-Pro

The problem is that the HOF looks at CB'S and Safeties as DB's.

HawkWow

Reaction score
chris98251":cndgikna said:
Easley retired due to a medical condition, his numbers were off the charts and his contributions and game changing ability legendary. I think he may get a nomination and could get in for his body of work while he was in the league. They do those special inductions occasionally.

Kenny Easley

Kenneth Mason Easley Jr.

Position: DB
Height: 6-3 Weight: 206 lbs.

Born: January 15, 1959 in Chesapeake, VA (Age 55.199)
High School: Oscar E. Smith
College: UCLA (school history) (Easley college stats)
Drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the 1st round (4th overall) of the 1981 NFL Draft.

Weighted Career AV (100-95-...): 60 (883rd overall since 1950)
5-time Pro Bowler & 3-time First-Team All-Pro

The problem is that the HOF looks at CB'S and Safeties as DB's.

"The greatest safety to ever play the game" ~ Ronnie Lott.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Interesting. He has said it about Reed and Easley, so who knows? Either way, Easley was absolutely amazing.

HawkWow

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2k0efydt said:
HawkWow":2k0efydt said:
"The greatest safety to ever play the game" ~ Ronnie Lott.
Got a source for that?

http://www.procanes.com/files/3f5256dc5 ... -3580.html

Ronnie delivered a lott (haha) of hits. Certainly he absorbed a lot of that impact and his head may not be right because It was only recently that I read him calling Easley the greatest. I think someone here posted it, actually. I was pleasantly surprised with Lott's generosity. Now, not as much. Kam or Earl may be his greatest a few months from now. Maybe it's just a clever way of him keeping his name attached to greatest of all time.