Walter Jones.

pmedic920

Reaction score
HOF speech was a little shaky, you could tell he's not 100% comfortable speaking in public.
Will always be one of the best at his position and one of the greatest SeaHawks of all time.
Great recognition of Tez and Largent.
What a shout out to the 12th man.
My eyes got watery. :{)

Steve2222

Reaction score
I don't know. I thought he spoke quite well actually. Obviously he's no politician up there though.

Seafan

Reaction score
Loved his shout out to the HOF regarding Kenny Easley. HOF needs to make it happen.

halfrack

Reaction score
Beautiful, what class. I'm honored to be a Seahawk fan today. (As everyday)!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I was surprised how funny it was. Great speech. Room got a little dusty there for a minute.

Barthawk

Reaction score
It was pretty cool being there. Shook hands with Locklear, Alexander, Tobeck and with Big Walt while he was in the golf cart making his way to the stage. He told me I had a nice jersey.

Will post some pics later.

Overall I saw Hutch, Hass, Chris Spencer, Gray, and the slave to the businessman at the ceremony.

Walt was well represented, but were dwarfed by the contingent of drunken Bills fans. Can't blame them, this is the highlight of their season after all.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It was wonderful watching Big Walt up there. He is such a gentle giant. Sure, he's not a natural speaking to a crowd but it was certainly heartfelt. Loved the shout out to Easley, that he deserves to be in the HoF. No doubt!

For years it was just Largent as the sole representative for the Seahawks in the HoF. Now we have 3 and to put the icing on the cake, coming off a dominant Super Bowl Championship. It really doesn't get much better for 12's these days.

These ARE the Golden Years 12s! Let's keep this ride going!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Barthawk":hetuuc0y said:
It was pretty cool being there. Shook hands with Locklear, Alexander, Tobeck and with Big Walt while he was in the golf cart making his way to the stage. He told me I had a nice jersey.

Will post some pics later.

Overall I saw Hutch, Hass, Chris Spencer, Gray, and the slave to the businessman at the ceremony.

Walt was well represented, but were dwarfed by the contingent of drunken Bills fans. Can't blame them, this is the highlight of their season after all.

Nice Bart! Looking forward to the pics! See ya soon at Temple!

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Very cool to watch Big Walt go into the Hall. The first Seahawk to do so who I was old enough to watch his entire career. One of the ALL-TIME greats.

I'll always remember meeting Walt in Kirkland back in 2006 or so. Biggest dude I've ever stood in line for teriyaki with.

I feel bad for every left tackle that will lace them up for the Hawks over the next generation. They are going to be held to one of the highest standards ever by our fans. Odds are we will never see that type of play at the position again.

Thanks Walt. Go Hawks.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SeaTown81":2xz34hny said:
I feel bad for every left tackle that will lace them up for the Hawks over the next generation. They are going to be held to one of the highest standards ever by our fans. Odds are we will never see that type of play at the position again.

Thanks Walt. Go Hawks.

Indeed! I remember shaking his hand a couple years ago (felt like a child's hand shaking a major league glove) and he was so gracious and humble. You can't root enough for people like that. You are likely correct my friend. We are unlikely to see someone with his talent and domination at that position again in our lifetime.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I thought he did a great job. If you ever watched an interview during his career, you can tell he put in a ton of practice on that speech. Who knew his older brother was Michael Bennett from the future? If you missed it, watch it again. It was the first sibling he talked about. The only bad part was sitting through the grandstanding Aeneas Williams while waiting for Walt. I don't remember him being that annoying during his career.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
One of the things that stuck me......
9 holding flags in 180 games. What a cheater:)
Not sure how he ranks in that category but that's an amazing stat, considering how dominant he was.
My comment about his speech was not meant as a put down. I apologize for it sounding that way.
I did feel that although grateful for the recognition he really didn't care for having to do the speech part.

Steve2222

Reaction score
SeaTown81":cpod0w4p said:
Very cool to watch Big Walt go into the Hall. The first Seahawk to do so who I was old enough to watch his entire career. One of the ALL-TIME greats.

I'll always remember meeting Walt in Kirkland back in 2006 or so. Biggest dude I've ever stood in line for teriyaki with.

Thanks Walt. Go Hawks.

I sat by a guy at a Hawks game awhile back and he was telling a story how he delivered 8 pizzas to Walts house and and Big Walt tipped him $100.

McG

Reaction score
pmedic920":6ffds3n4 said:
Not sure how he ranks in that category but that's an amazing stat, considering how dominant he was.
My comment about his speech was not meant as a put down. I apologize for it sounding that way.
I did feel that although grateful for the recognition he really didn't care for having to do the speech part.

9 Holding flags and 9 pro-bowls in his whole career, just goes to show you how much respect even the refs had for him. We all know holding happens on almost every play. Yes he was great, but you know everyone on that field had respect for him, including the refs and there's a lot to be said about that. He was the one that I felt got truly "jobbed" by that shit show in Detroit in Superbowl XL. Big Walt did it the right way and earned to the right to be called a champion. Oh well, he is where he belongs now, in the Hall of Fame, he was and is truly a special player and an even better person.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3ua9kfpv said:
I thought he did a great job. If you ever watched an interview during his career, you can tell he put in a ton of practice on that speech. Who knew his older brother was Michael Bennett from the future? If you missed it, watch it again. It was the first sibling he talked about. The only bad part was sitting through the grandstanding Aeneas Williams while waiting for Walt. I don't remember him being that annoying during his career.

Glad I'm not the only one to catch the Bennett/Jones similarity.

A

Anonymous

Steve2222":eju03tg2 said:
SeaTown81":eju03tg2 said:

Thanks Walt. Go Hawks.

I sat by a guy at a Hawks game awhile back and he was telling a story how he delivered 8 pizzas to Walts house and and Big Walt tipped him $100.

Cool memory.

You know, money seems to have a little more value when it gets handed to you by a guy twice your size.

:mrgreen:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":19d7gprj said:
Yep, that's an average of ONE hold per every TWENTY games, got to wonder how many Anthony Munoz was called for.

Latest posts