B/R Predicts 14-2 Season

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Matt Miller is a complete and utter failure in this article. God his predictions are horrible.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines

lsheldon

Reaction score
Predicting the whiners to go 14-2 and making this statement proves he's one can short of a 6-pack.

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick has a new contract and a ton of talent around him, so the pressure will be on him to produce more in his second full season as a starter.

kearly

Reaction score
14-2 is my personal prediction for Seattle.

I could see the 49ers potentially going 14-2 as well, they are very hard to beat when Kaepernick has weapons. That said, it's kinda silly that he has them winning at Denver and at New Orleans but losing at NYG. The 49ers are the NFL's best team against underdogs, but they are not as good against top teams as Seattle is.

Dumbest part of the list is having the Broncos 6th. And the Colts 4th. And the Bears over the Packers. And the Panthers at #21 despite having that awesome defense.

Seahawk Sailor":32wd0b05 said:
Wow, wow, wow. Homertastic.

Homer? Is Miller a 49ers fan?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
kearly":25ftifnk said:
14-2 is my personal prediction for Seattle.

I could see the 49ers potentially going 14-2 as well, they are very hard to beat when Kaepernick has weapons. That said, it's kinda silly that he has them winning at Denver and at New Orleans but losing at NYG. The 49ers are the NFL's best team against underdogs.
. Stevie Johnson is overrated. Buffalo gave him up pretty easily for a reason. He is Lazy and he admits it to Jim Rome. Marshawn Lynch was also a steal BUT he was deemed a character problem. Johnson drops too many balls and that just means he lacks focus. The Niners front line is has an aging beat up Justin Smith. No idea who plays the nose and unreliable Aldon Smith. Bowman is gone and if Clemons is any indication, will not be the same. I really hope his first game back is against us. Their secondary is a question mark. Other than Patrick Willis and Ahman Brooks, who are we suppose to fear? They are getting love solely on reputation. Boone may force a trade, lost Goodwin and Iupati is coming off a Leg injury. Hunter who I like is gone and Gore is also getting up there in age. Most overrated team by far..

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I just can't see 14-2, I could see the Hawks beating every single one of their opponents in some capacity, but it just doesn't work out that way.

I have the Hawks at 12-4, Niners at 11-5 because of some early season kinks, but getting hot and the end of the season and the Cards MAYBE at 10 games again. To me it is more likely that the Rams and Cards are both 9-7.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3j1ekpgv said:
Bold prediction, but I like it. Also, if you're gonna go bold, get it right. We'll drop the one at Carolina, not the one at Arizona.

No way. Carolina will drop off this year. There offense will take a step back. No chance against our D. There D will be good as usual but we will have an improved offense this year. Carolina I am not afraid. But Arizona.... Well they are the only team to beat us at home the last two years. I think it was a bit of a fluke but they are a solid team. The have improved as well.

As we saw last year the teams we thought would be easy (Tampa, Rams,Arizona) gave us fits even if we did pull out a win. In this league you just never know.

I thought we would actually go undefeated last year. The offensive line and percy hurt killed that. I am not as positive about it this year even though I think we are better this year. Tougher schedule and teams have more tape on us. Not that I am rooting for anything less than an undefeated season but I am still a realist.

Probably 13-3 again.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Bleacher Report sucks. If he's right, it will be by sheer luck.

Has there ever been a 14-2 tie? Seems nearly impossible. (Hence why the writer is duuuuumb.)

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2m6am8iu said:

Has there ever been a 14-2 tie? Seems nearly impossible. (Hence why the writer is duuuuumb.)

Besides that, there's like three other teams at 13-3, a couple more at 12-4, and so on. The league has far more parity than that in a typical year. It would have to be a rare year to have that many teams do that well.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3gkntqbu said:
Sarlacc83":3gkntqbu said:

Besides that, there's like three other teams at 13-3, a couple more at 12-4, and so on. The league has far more parity than that in a typical year. It would have to be a rare year to have that many teams do that well.

Most will disagree with this but everybody better watch out for the Rams this year. They will finish 2nd in my opinion..

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2px3ag33 said:
Seahawk Sailor":2px3ag33 said:
Sarlacc83":2px3ag33 said:

Most will disagree with this but everybody better watch out for the Rams this year. They will finish 2nd in my opinion..
They have no offense. How are they going to score points?

The finish last again.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Sam Bradford is a lot bigger and stronger this year ( I was shocked to say the least). Kenny Britt is motivated and seems to be falling in line. Tavon Austin is going to be better and I think Zack Stacy is a solid back. The key has been Bradford ( who I thought was garbage) but he is stronger and throwing a tighter faster ball. The Rams replace the Niners as the threat, mark my words.

I don't need to talk about their defense.

brettb3

Reaction score
Obviously it's a ridiculous prediction. Two teams from the same division have never finished 14-2 in NFL history.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3u0vb4rq said:
Seahawk Sailor":3u0vb4rq said:
Sarlacc83":3u0vb4rq said:

Quite possible. I see the Cardinals regressing terribly. And I see the 49ers regressing. If they regress enough, the Rams will leapfrog them for second in the division.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1wzrnzez said:
seahawk12thman":1wzrnzez said:
Seahawk Sailor":1wzrnzez said:
Sarlacc83":1wzrnzez said:

Quite possible. I see the Cardinals regressing terribly. And I see the 49ers regressing. If they regress enough, the Rams will leapfrog them for second in the division.

If everybody throws the emotion out of it, what is there not to like about the Rams other than Bradford?

kearly

Reaction score
I can't buy into the Rams. Their D-Line is extremely good, but the rest of their team is just a sub-par collection of parts with no vision behind it, no cohesiveness, no plan, no chemistry.

The Rams ST also had an outlier season last year, ranking 4th after being 26th and 28th the two years prior. That will probably regress. No other team got a bigger positive swing from their ST last season, and even with that help the Rams still only barely posted a positive DVOA.

The Rams feel like the Mariners of the NFL and vice-versa. People keep thinking the Mariners will be good every year because they have a few superstars at premium positions, but in the end the crappy parts of the roster weigh the M's down. You take away the D-Line of the Rams and they might as well be the Raiders. That D-line carries them a long way but it can only take them so far.

The Seahawks baseline "expected wins" the last two seasons were 13 each season (per football outsiders). The Hawks underachieved that number in 2012 thanks to some close losses then nailed it in 2013. I think the baseline will probably remain at 13, but I see them overachieving it this year as their hardest games are at home and only have to deal with three 10am starts. They are currently favored to win 15 of their 16 games, and will probably benefit from improved OL play (no more McQuistan and Bowie at tackle) not to mention the huge impact Harvin will have opening up our offense if he lasts 13+ games.

Like Matt Miller I think Seattle has a very solid chance to go into the Thanksgiving game undefeated.