Fox Sports Roundtable Discussion on Seahawks

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have seen this yet, but for those who haven't this is definitely worth 10 minutes of your time. Though it's obvious that this was produced a few weeks ago, I found the perspectives and overall insights on this team to be fairly right on the money. Lots of great thoughts by several former NFL players on this team. Enjoy!

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...seahawks-are-ready-to-build-a-dynasty-in-2014

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Nice find. Nice to see that most of that panel actually did their homework and didn't talk out of their ass like most pundits do.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":18gnoxtw said:
Nice find. Nice to see that most of that panel actually did their homework and didn't talk out of their ass like most pundits do.

Absolutely. The part that I especially appreciated was right at the very tail end when they started talking about John Schneider and his propensity for being able to find talent late in the draft. These are guys who definitely get it on just how good John Schneider and company really are when it comes to the draft.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Because it isn't just about the "ME" player, it's about the "WE" playerS.
You lose if your mindset is as an individual, You win with cohesion.
Every one of those players have "bought in", and these guys are being perfectly coached to support one another.
Although Sherman tipped a couple of passes in the End Zone last Season, there were two interceptions by his supporting cast who just happened to be right there, making the intercept.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I hate to agree with a former Niner but Randy Moss is right... Seattle is going to win the SB this year.

taco40

Reaction score
"You win it in the off-season."

With whom did most of the team spend their off-season? Together. Gives them a remarkable edge, as do the continued shoulder chips.
:les:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
That was surprisingly engaging. The type of thing you might see on Rain City Redemption in fact, only reversed in optimism v. Pessimism

Rocket

Reaction score
I found myself liking and respecting Randy Moss's opinion.
I feel dirty, I must wash now.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Laloosh":1te0r7vn said:
I hate to agree with a former Niner but Randy Moss is right... Seattle is going to win the SB this year.

Urlacher said the exact same thing. It was clear from that that he understands just how good Schneider and company are at unearthing talent where no one else would even suspect to look.

Rocket":1te0r7vn said:
I found myself liking and respecting Randy Moss's opinion.
I feel dirty, I must wash now.

Surprisingly ... my sensors clearly detected signs of intelligence on that planet as well.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":fcaxrjxz said:
That was surprisingly engaging. The type of thing you might see on Rain City Redemption in fact, only reversed in optimism v. Pessimism
\

Yeah, honestly this has to be the best national take on the Seahawks that I've found. I was highly impressed with them and it was clear that they'd really done their homework on this team.

This kind of intelligent discussion was a refreshing change of place from many of the national blowhards that I've had endure. For example, did any of you guys happen to catch one of the latest bumpers on 710 ESPN the other day? Last week, I was listening and they had an audio clip of Colin Cowherd explaining how the Seahawks won the Super Bowl because they got "lucky" in drafting Russell Wilson in the 3rd Round. It was pretty clear from his comments that he had no real regard for Schneider's ability to find talent. Anybody else catch that last week? Unbelievable. :34853_doh:

This roundtable discussion was a far cry from that kind of drivel.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3i53okfm said:
Sarlacc83":3i53okfm said:
\

Yeah, honestly this has to be the best national take on the Seahawks that I've found. I was highly impressed with them and it was clear that they'd really done their homework on this team.

This kind of intelligent discussion was a refreshing change of place from many of the national blowhards that I've had endure. For example, did any of you guys happen to catch one of the latest bumpers on 710 ESPN the other day? Last week, I was listening and they had an audio clip of Colin Cowherd explaining how the Seahawks won the Super Bowl because they got "lucky" in drafting Russell Wilson in the 3rd Round. It was pretty clear from his comments that he had no real regard for Schneider's ability to find talent. Anybody else catch that last week? Unbelievable. :34853_doh:

This roundtable discussion was a far cry from that kind of drivel.

At least he acknowledged that RW is a significant reason for our success. Unfortunately that's a big step for said blowhards.