In-Stadium Music for 2014

ZagHawk

Reaction score
So last year other than the Seagal performances. It seemed like a lot of music stayed exactly the same from 2012 regarding intro, kick off, 3rd down, touchdowns etc. I'm kind of hoping for some new music (which I know is risky to do), how about you guys?

I would LOVE to hear Lil Jon's "Turn Down For What" used during opening kick-off. I just feel it's perfect given the team's attitude/image, and hell our stadium is known for being loud.

[youtube]HMUDVMiITOU[/youtube]

about 0:19-0:29 would be the perfect 10 second clip to just start it off.

Throwdown

Reaction score
No, NO!

That song is garbage and over played garbage, if I hear even a hint of it my mind thinks bad thoughts.

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
I agree the song is somewhat questionable; BUT, that video is pretty epic...

-SH

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":3v2ys3yi said:
No, NO!

That song is garbage and over played garbage, if I hear even a hint of it my mind thinks bad thoughts.

and thinking bad thoughts is a bad thing?
:lol:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Anything with Lil Jon gets the crowd hyped...IMO we should play "loyal" by Chris Brown when former players come back to Seattle... Just kidding. Kind of

Brithawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":12ggz7cd said:
Anything with Lil Jon gets the crowd hyped...IMO we should play "loyal" by Chris Brown when former players come back to Seattle... Just kidding. Kind of
So we can give them a beatdown like he did to Rihanna?

Hawks46

Reaction score
I don't know, but rap never got it done for me.

Contact sports like Football deserve something a bit harder.

We have the Legion of Boom. One of my favorites:

POD's "Here comes the Boom". How can you not play that on every change of possession when the defense is taking the field ???

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Brithawk":x7y2zv99 said:
-The Glove-":x7y2zv99 said:
So we can give them a beatdown like he did to Rihanna?

This man knows what's up

mrblitz

Reaction score
how about some riff raff: [youtube]NlydTf5bJdo[/youtube]

Brithawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":2ijxtvbm said:

POD's "Here comes the Boom". How can you not play that on every change of possession when the defense is taking the field ???
The Fresh Prince - Boom shake the Room

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Hawks46":1h4ec5tp said:

What is harder than rap? Please don't tell me alternative rock or country. Those rock songs in old madden games that were supposed to be hard were trash. Definitely didn't blend with contact sport. Even those rock anthems for the Hawks on YouTube are trash

warden

Reaction score
The music that they play has to appeal to many different generations with diverse musical tastes. An incredibly difficult task. The music that appeals to numerous generations is the best choice.

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
King Dog":2wvdcylh said:
All I know is Bitter Sweet Symphony blowwwwwwwwwssssssssss

I like the song, but it was cool when it came out and maybe the following 5 years after. I think it's definitely getting outdated. Much like Queen "we are the champions". The way i see it, even if a song is meaningless (much the like the one I posted above). You need something to hype the team up and the crowd up. As another poster wrote, it is VERY difficult to appeal to the diverse crowd of cultures, backgrounds, generations, etc.

i.e. someone wrote I need something harder than rap like "Here comes the boom", where as someone like myself would hear that song and think "not hard, just more crazy white boy music". Doesn't make either us wrong, hell a lot of MMA fighters come out to that song hyped up.

One reason why I like Hip Hop and Rap is...you know what pumps up the crowd more than anything? when the team starts dancing and bouncing around. I think it's safe to say about 90% of the team are black guys in their early 20s who get hyped from Lil Jon, Rick Ross, and Drake (despite how much I hate the song 'Started from the Bottom'). I don't see the players ever dancing to 'here comes the boom', 'Bitter Sweet Symphony', but I sure do see them bouncing around to 'Get Outta your Mind' and 'These Haters can't hold me back'. And once they start going, it's no doubt the crowd starts pumping even more right after.

Regardless, I really do hope to see some new music clips being used this year. Past 2 years haven't changed much. As much as I like macklemore, even his clip for TDs I feel is outdated now (that is the problem with Pop, rap, and hip hop music though as others have said, these song's do not stay over time which is probably why the Yankee's play Frank Sinatra's New York during a win and not Jay Z's (despite how big it was for that 2-3 year period).

p.s. Could you imagine if they just take that 2 second audio clip of Lil Jon saying/screaming "Turn down for what?!?" and used it whenever the crowd just needed a queue to get loud. PERFECT!

notyou

Reaction score
Rap is just horrible. Can't stand that garbage.

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
notyou":96mkcwde said:
Rap is just horrible. Can't stand that garbage.

Yeah but a large majority of the team would probably beg to differ, and what amps them up definitely amps the crowd.

Basis4day

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3cl77glo said:
p.s. Could you imagine if they just take that 2 second audio clip of Lil Jon saying/screaming "Turn down for what?!?" and used it whenever the crowd just needed a queue to get loud. PERFECT!

I don't think there is really any one song that is going to appeal to everyone. Personally i don't think the fans need help getting amped up.

As far as "Turn Down for What?" goes i think it's catchy but i'd rather not need to use a song with three sentences where the first sentence is about smoking weed (In case people didn't know what "Fire up your loud" meant). Not that the Rick Ross songs don't feature drug references. The song is popular now but it's going to get old real quick.

I get why some people like "Here Comes the Boom", but that song is almost ten years old and i don't particularly like Christian Rock. It's used all the time is sports and at this point is pretty cliche. Also, P.O.D. are huge Charger fans.

Like i said, no one song is going to work for everyone.

A

Anonymous

The music playing at training camp is cool.

Classic rock, mixed with some R&B, and a teensy-weensy, barely-noticeable slice of rap.