Where does .net rank M-Rob on all time FB's?

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I came on as a fan back in 04-05, so my knowledge in all time players is limited.

From what I've seen Mack Strong was an absolute beast clearing the way for SA, but where do you feel M-Rob lies among the rest?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If we're talking just seahawks, I'd put John LWilliams first, then a large gap to Mack strong, then another gap to Michael Robinson. John L is far and away thd best FB we've had, IMO.

SirTed

Reaction score
Well, here's how I would break it down:

I think Mack was the better FB but I think MRob was the better football player.

We're talking about a guy who played DI football as a QB for Penn State, was drafted as a HB, where he was a decent back up for a few years, and then later he transitioned to FB where he was able to get into the Pro Bowl.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":3kcyxlds said:
I came on as a fan back in 04-05, so my knowledge in all time players is limited.

From what I've seen Mack Strong was an absolute beast clearing the way for SA, but where do you feel M-Rob lies among the rest?

You should change that sig to "'Bout that $$$$"

A

Anonymous

JSeahawks":2vrxcch9 said:
If we're talking just seahawks, I'd put John LWilliams first, then a large gap to Mack strong, then another gap to Michael Robinson. John L is far and away thd best FB we've had, IMO.

Not that I can't form my own opinion, but this is exactly what I would have said.

hawker84

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1cbc5onp said:

This. John L is by far the best.....then Mack, MRob.

McGruff

Reaction score
I can count the reasons Robinson is the best FB in team history on one finger.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
McGruff":p7w0ud5s said:
I can count the reasons Robinson is the best FB in team history on one finger.
Not the best, but he was born at the right time in Seahawks history, so without question, he was the luckiest.
For those who didn't have the luxury of watching Curt Warner do his zig-zag and John L. pound, and I mean POUND the rock........ you missed out.
That truly was a dynamic duo.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
John L Williams on the screen pass was a beautiful thing. I'm not sure we've ran a decent screen since he retired.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
JSeahawks":s7d5sprm said:

Both John L. and Mack were 2x Pro Bowlers but Mack was an All-Pro 1 year as well. I think fondly of John L., he was awesome to watch but the gap between the two isn't very wide between the two in my opinion. I would agree with your ranking however as I do think Mack was just a half a step behind.

tooshort

Reaction score
John L > MacK* > Realrob*

The * * are because If Weaver isn't the casualty of Knapp/Ruskells stupidity and has a full Hawks career I truly believe he would slot somewhere between #2-3 on the list. The probability of rampant success with Weavers myriad of skills employed in the run heavy offense of the PCJS era (Leonard is only 31 now) would have been quite high.

suppaball

Reaction score
JSeahawks":15e447gv said:
Yes he was he was also if I remember right a HB for a couple of years

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3fqr6sz7 said:
If we're talking just seahawks, I'd put John LWilliams first, then Mack strong, then Michael Robinson. John L is far and away the best FB we've had, IMO.

:13:

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":uyelqvye said:
John L Williams on the screen pass was a beautiful thing. I'm not sure we've ran a decent screen since he retired.

Shaun had an 80 yard TD on a screen pass.