Is Anybody Else Not Ready For This??

Tical21

Reaction score
I know by this time of the year I'm usually forcing myself to tune out from all of the hype to try to shield myself from being overcome by anxiety too early. This year is wayyy different for me. I'm still digesting. I don't know that I'm done with my SuperBowl Championship bender, let alone gone through the hangover from it. I can't believe how quickly the offseason goes by when you're playing in February. Now we have to get it cranked up again already? Sorry guys, I think I'm gonna sit this one out through the preseason. I'm not ready to get invested in 11 WR's and 6th DB battles and John Lotulelei vs. whoever the hot camp special teams player is. I've still got 43-8 written across my forehead. There is a game Thursday? How did this happen?

I always thought that even if you played through the Super Bowl, the offseason would be plenty long enough. Now I see why a lot of teams have Super Bowl hangovers. Maybe I'm just old, and I'm sure the young guys can still get it up on demand, but this is just happening way too fast. I think I'm gonna hurl.

Laloosh

Reaction score
To each their own. Enjoy it however you can.

For me, the thought of Percy Harvin catching passes from #3 on a regular basis is plenty to get me over that hump. I'm excited to see this team play.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":918pgzc5 said:
Lol wut? This offseason still took forever.

I think he's talking about having to let go of 2013 to enjoy 2014 or something... That was my interpretation anyway.

General Manager

Reaction score
I'm counting the hours to kick off Thursday . It's Denver we have a chance to take them down them in there house. Preseason or not I'm freaking fired up.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I want blood. Re-Pete! 3-Pete!!

By the way, if you literally walk around with 43-8 written on your forehead...
index.php

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I get what you mean, Tical. This offseason flew by incredibly quickly, especially once the draft was over.

On the other hand, my love and desire for a new season of pro football outweighs the fact that I was still working through every NFL game in All-22 when my NFL Rewind subscription ended.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":wkulibqd said:
Lol wut? This offseason still took forever.

The Kings helped pass the first half of offseason and I got to see both my teams raise the championship trophy within 6 months and 2 days. Seahawks>>>>>>>>Kings, but they're the only two teams I like at all. But he'll, the Stanley Cup was raised 7 weeks ago, time to get caught up on shows, but it's time to see some damn champs taking the field. Can't come fast enough!

Steve2222

Reaction score
Nope. Feels like any other season. I'm ready for 2014 kickoff. The past is already in the history books. Time to move on.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Oh, I'm ready for it. We've just enjoyed a much more entertaining off-season than others. :)

Back to square one, let's win the Super Bowl this year!

Tokadub

Reaction score
Tical lives in Indianapolis pretty sure his profile thingy said it under his avatar right before he deleted it once he started supporting Andrew Luck hardcore.

What he means by not being ready is he will be watching the Colts Preseason not the Hawks.

kearly

Reaction score
Fastest offseason ever for me. Most years the offseason feels long because you can't wait for the start of FA or the draft. This year I barely cared about either of those things since our team is so stacked. Since there was no anticipation, there was never a feeling of football starvation before or sudden boredom after those events came and went.

Seattle made extremely few new additions in FA and their draft class is pure redshirt. Unlike the 2010-2013 drafts, I wasn't wild about the job they did with the 2014 version. A lot of what makes me crave football is seeing how the new players will look. I could really care less about Richardson, Britt, or most of the other picks, and the one player I really liked (Norwood) may not play at all.

I'm sure at least a couple of those players will turn out okay (KPL, maybe Marsh seem like good bets to work out). I'm not doomsaying that draft, but even 2013 had some exciting studs that I loved (Christine Michael, Tharold Simon), and this year's new group lacks that exciting player for me. So it was easier to wait for the season due to the lack of excitement for the new players.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
DAmmit.....Hells Kitchen is over....so now I have to watch.....hmmm......football??? :sarcasm_off:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Ruminator

Reaction score
This isn't good, but I'm already starting to wonder who the bigger offensive linemen names to be available in the 2015 draft will be. For once, let's pick OL #1 and then again #2 and/or #3. I think RW will appreciate that as much as a handsome new contract.

Largent80

Reaction score
Ruminator":l3xkwv19 said:
This isn't good, but I'm already starting to wonder who the bigger offensive linemen names to be available in the 2015 draft will be. For once, let's pick OL #1 and then again #2 and/or #3.

Hard to pick a good O-Lineman when you pick at 32 every year.... :twisted:

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Tical21":353hn5yv said:
I know by this time of the year I'm usually forcing myself to tune out from all of the hype to try to shield myself from being overcome by anxiety too early. This year is wayyy different for me. I'm still digesting. I don't know that I'm done with my SuperBowl Championship bender, let alone gone through the hangover from it. I can't believe how quickly the offseason goes by when you're playing in February. Now we have to get it cranked up again already? Sorry guys, I think I'm gonna sit this one out through the preseason. I'm not ready to get invested in 11 WR's and 6th DB battles and John Lotulelei vs. whoever the hot camp special teams player is. I've still got 43-8 written across my forehead. There is a game Thursday? How did this happen?

I always thought that even if you played through the Super Bowl, the offseason would be plenty long enough. Now I see why a lot of teams have Super Bowl hangovers. Maybe I'm just old, and I'm sure the young guys can still get it up on demand, but this is just happening way too fast. I think I'm gonna hurl.

I was ready the day after the super bowl. I can't say I know how you feel. Perhaps you should take the season off.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
This time of year is always bittersweet for me. I am always excited that a new football season is just around the corner, but I hate that it marks the beginning of the end of the summer.

I always get over it very quickly once real games kick off though.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I think I get where he Tical is coming from to some extent. After waiting so long for a title and then to go out and earn it the way we did. It is just a lot to process. I too have tried to tune myself out a bit from the post-season > pre-season hoopla a bit just because I want to savor it as long as possible. I personally am still trying to decide on a new favorite player (waffling between Mebane and Chancellor at the moment) since Clemons left. Trying to figure out what our O-Line is going to be this year, what a season long Percy Harvin onslaught might look like. Its just too much to ponder right now.

But I will be watching Thursday night by god!

GO HAWKS!

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Tical21":aamwkynh said:

I totally get this. For the first 38 years I spent each offseason thinking about what it would take to get to the promised land. I followed every move and dissected each transaction and how it would affect the team like dr Frankenstein scrutinizing potential body parts. This offseason has been one big glorious bath in a 43-8 Super Bowl drubbing of an old AFC West rival. So much to enjoy. It's like I have been enjoying one long cigarette after my first time! And I don't smoke.
I am ready for a little taste of Seahawks football in two short days. By the first regular season game I will be in full fanatical take no prisoners go Seahawks bleed blue and green live and die with each play that I have been for the previous 38 seasons. Until then, best damn offseason ever!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This was the fastest offseason I can remember. I'm not ready for it to be over, either. While I think the Hawks are just as good as last year, it's hard to realistically imagine them having a better year than last year.