Mebane vs Unger

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Nice to shine a little light on the dudes in the trenches.

Although this
Dave Boling":crvcq6w9 said:
...and deal with a huge, quick-twitch player who lines up so close he can tell what the man ate for lunch.
should say breakfast. They practice at 10 am. Who eats lunch before 10 am?

sc85sis

Reaction score
"At game time, the speed is slower, really, than what it’s like going against Max every day," Mebane said. "When we were first getting into the playoffs back in the day, the games would speed up. Not anymore because of the way we prepare for games during the week."

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/08/0 ... rylink=cpy

I've lost track of how many times I've heard or read a statement like this from one of Pete's players (USC or Seattle). They always talk about how the games are easier and slower than practice.

taco40

Reaction score
sc85sis":3gs7jj12 said:
"At game time, the speed is slower, really, than what it’s like going against Max every day," Mebane said. "When we were first getting into the playoffs back in the day, the games would speed up. Not anymore because of the way we prepare for games during the week."

I've lost track of how many times I've heard or read a statement like this from one of Pete's players (USC or Seattle). They always talk about how the games are easier and slower than practice.

Yeah, that same quote jumped out at me, too. How impressive to have a coaching staff preparing players so well. Is that why they don't play uptight?

sc85sis

Reaction score
taco40":1dfuf1lr said:
sc85sis":1dfuf1lr said:
'"At game time, the speed is slower, really, than what it’s like going against Max every day," Mebane said. "When we were first getting into the playoffs back in the day, the games would speed up. Not anymore because of the way we prepare for games during the week."'

Yeah, that same quote jumped out at me, too. How impressive to have a coaching staff preparing players so well. Is that why they don't play uptight?
I believe so, yes. Pete is all about practice and preparation so that guys can "play in the absence of fear."

Here's a good video from a couple years ago.

[youtube]jEB9s6LTmMQ[/youtube]

gowazzu02

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1jzkbbxj said:
HawkAroundTheClock":1jzkbbxj said:
should say breakfast. They practice at 10 am. Who eats lunch before 10 am?
I'm guessing linemen eat a couple lunches before 10am. :lol:

That can't be a coincidence can it? Get the body ready to play at 10am PST. And guard against the league trying to hamstring you with timezone factors.

sc85sis

Reaction score
volsunghawk":siyyfvil said:
It's a damn shame that Mebane's never been to a Pro Bowl.
Obviously I'm biased because he's a Seahawk, but I definitely think he deserves that. He's been the unsung player on our line for the last 2-3 years.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
sc85sis":kg60uuuy said:
volsunghawk":kg60uuuy said:
It's a damn shame that Mebane's never been to a Pro Bowl.
Obviously I'm biased because he's a Seahawk, but I definitely think he deserves that. He's been the unsung player on our line for the last 2-3 years.
Sorry, he has other plans :D

Latest posts