So, A.J. Jefferson as the #2 CB (opposite Sherman)?

Paschtorian

Reaction score
I think we'll be seeing this guy supplant Maxwell on Sherman's other side.

Dude's got skills (i'm tellin' ya).

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
With Carroll you never know, but Maxwell makes a ton of plays even when he isn't throwing guys to the ground at the LOS.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
95% chance you're wrong.

Amazing how fast some have given up on Maxwell - who is already proven essential in the playoffs- and now for a scrub playing against 3rd stringers. This thread is embarrassing.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1egumqni said:
95% chance your wrong.

Amazing how fast some have given up on Maxwell - who is already proven essential in the playoffs- and now for a scrub playing against 3rd stringers. This thread is embarrassing.
Not to mention Maxwell's strip of the football in SB XLVIII.
Nice to see Jefferson command attention for possible backup job though 8)
Now all he has to do is keep up with great play.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
It will take more than some preseason action for him to surpass maxwell. The hawks have shown a knack for putting together a high-quality group of DBs and letting them compete and wait for their turn. Maxwell has competed and waited his turn. So unless Maxwell gets legitimately beat out he will be starting.

OP
OP
P

Paschtorian

Reaction score
Haven't "given up" on Maxwell either,..........

...........just sayin'...........

.....this team's all about competition,.....and this guy's been around.

He's due (too).

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Paschtorian":3aj3a485 said:
Haven't "given up" on Maxwell either,..........

...........just sayin'...........

.....this team's all about competition,.....and this guy's been around.

He's due (too).

Gambler's fallacy.

Been around does not inspire confidence either.

Let me guess though: Fresno State Alum.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maxwell has some holes in his game, not saying he isn't good but they are there. Always compete, if this new guy can beat out Max for the job, then more power to him, if not they we just added some good CB depth. I'll trust Pete's judgement on this! :)

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I like Jefferson. He's a freak athlete (4.34 40, 44'' vert). I hope he stays healthy and finds a way to make the team. He's playing on a non-guaranteed, one year deal. And he suffered some kind of ankle injury in the game. Akeem Auguste has two years left on his deal.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Jefferson looked incredible but so does Maxwell in games that count. It's a good problem to have

raisethe3

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":2rta52n7 said:
Is this a joke?

Maxwell is gonna be a stud this year.....

I agree. Maxwell probably isn't playing that hard or full speed at the moment. But I believe it will be picked up as we progress near the end of the pre-season and into the regular season. He'll be back to his 2013 form. Not worried.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The_Z_Man":2h83m1wj said:
Sarlacc83":2h83m1wj said:
95% chance your wrong.

95% that's about 5% too generous...

Word. Although that 5% is about right, given Pete's penchant for decisions that don't make sense right away to the common NFL fan (and/or mediots like Pete Prisco).

That said, Jefferson sure tore it up the other night against 3rd stringers. 'Course, Maxwell graded out pretty well against real competition for half the year last year. We'll see; just don't put me on the Jefferson bandwagon just yet, not based on half a game against backups.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Jefferson could make the team, he's started 15 games in this league, and is a superb athlete. Hopefully, the incident was a fluke induced by alcohol, not a pattern of behavior.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Maxwell should've looked better in his first preseason game against scrubs like Damaryius Thomas and Peyton Manning.....

Latest posts