Crazy idea - Give the 12's credit for 2 points in the SB

RockHawk

Reaction score
Ok so I know this is probably a crazy, dumb idea but isn't that what this place is all about? I was watching the SuperBowl soundfx episode again and as Peyton Manning is explaining the safety, it's clear that the crowd noise caused that to happen.

So, shouldn't the 12th man get credit for scoring 2 points in the SuperBowl? Not officially, of course, but unofficially? I'm thinking in the same way that Holmgren presented the game ball to the 12's for the Giants game a few years ago, maybe the team should unofficially recognize that for the first time in SuperBowl history, fans scored points.

Silly, yes, but I'm so proud of how loud we were in Metlife as my buddy & I were screaming our lungs out along with thousands of other 12's. I'd love to get some sort of recognition from the team for getting in their heads immediately and shaking their confidence.

Thoughts?

mrt144

Reaction score
RockHawk":d97doccq said:
Ok so I know this is probably a crazy, dumb idea but isn't that what this place is all about? I was watching the SuperBowl soundfx episode again and as Peyton Manning is explaining the safety, it's clear that the crowd noise caused that to happen.

So, shouldn't the 12th man get credit for scoring 2 points in the SuperBowl? Not officially, of course, but unofficially? I'm thinking in the same way that Holmgren presented the game ball to the 12's for the Giants game a few years ago, maybe the team should unofficially recognize that for the first time in SuperBowl history, fans scored points.

Silly, yes, but I'm so proud of how loud we were in Metlife as my buddy & I were screaming our lungs out along with thousands of other 12's. I'd love to get some sort of recognition from the team for getting in their heads immediately and shaking their confidence.

Thoughts?

If it's going to be unofficial, why not just savor the flavor of the moment in your own head.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, and I believe a lot of people feel the same way. Peyton even said "I couldn't hear a thing out there."

Then there was Wes Welker bitching about John Fox saying that he should have prepared them for the noise. But I don't think anyone was prepared for the noise :D

Cartire

Reaction score
I think these are the kinda things that make the anti-12 hate crowd even more prevalent.

We know what we did, trying to attach a "unofficial" moniker on it does nothing but invite more criticism.

The Radish

Reaction score
You folks know you did it, Manning knows you did it, the officials know you did it. But if you start talking about it they will figure out a way to stop it.

I think the Seahawks have started a revolution among corporate football fans. I think from now on fans will make noise at the SuperB owl.

Everyone wants to be a Hawkfan now a days.

:les:

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
come on man. this is just getting ridiculous. should we call the team the seattle 12hawks now too? are we fans of the team or fans of ourselves?

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure pete addressed this at the town hall and the parade
Yeah, they know the 12s made it happen
If pete had thought of it he would have done something, that's just the kind of guy he is

Smellyman

Reaction score
Cartire":3g1m2x2z said:
I think these are the kinda things that make the anti-12 hate crowd even more prevalent.

We know what we did, trying to attach a "unofficial" moniker on it does nothing but invite more criticism.

:13:

gets a little ridiculous

irocdave

Reaction score
Hawk fans don't need anymore accolades, every NFL fan was beaten over the head with our fandom last year by the lamestream media. I say this as a life long Hawk fan. Been to lots of games and just cheering alone doesn't make the team win, let alone be good.
I would venture to say Kam, Thomas, Bennet and co had more to do with the safety than the crowd noise. The fans helped feed the frenzy but were not the straw that stirred the drink. It was awesome to watch and listen to though, don't get me wrong. I think the NFL made a decision to finally talk about how loud Hawk fans were because they had an impact on games and why not challenge fans to be engaged? If your a fan of any other NFL team hearing about the Hawk fans probably pissed you off and the next time you went to see team X at home maybe they were louder? By doing this the NFL is bringing in a younger crop of NFL fans, nothing wrong with that.

Just enjoy our Hawk Lombardi and yell your ass off at the next game.

RiverDog

Reaction score
irocdave":22wfkd0b said:
Hawk fans don't need anymore accolades, every NFL fan was beaten over the head with our fandom last year by the lamestream media. I say this as a life long Hawk fan. Been to lots of games and just cheering alone doesn't make the team win, let alone be good.
I would venture to say Kam, Thomas, Bennet and co had more to do with the safety than the crowd noise. The fans helped feed the frenzy but were not the straw that stirred the drink. It was awesome to watch and listen to though, don't get me wrong. I think the NFL made a decision to finally talk about how loud Hawk fans were because they had an impact on games and why not challenge fans to be engaged? If your a fan of any other NFL team hearing about the Hawk fans probably pissed you off and the next time you went to see team X at home maybe they were louder? By doing this the NFL is bringing in a younger crop of NFL fans, nothing wrong with that.

Just enjoy our Hawk Lombardi and yell your ass off at the next game.

Nice post!