Tom Cable "Sweezy can be one of the best guards in the NFL"

ivotuk

Reaction score
I firmly believe this and don't think Cable is blowing smoke here. JR's athleticism and fire are what make him so good.

And COACHING is one of the biggest things behind this teams success! Players like Kam Chancellor and Richard Sherman, (let alone Byron Maxwell) would not have been this good on any other team. I doubt BMax would be the "ball puncher" he is with someone else as his coach(es).

Opportunity is another thing that they've been given, no way Malcolm Smith has his success anywhere else.

Just look at Beast Mode in Buffalo, Tarvaris in Minnesota (slight improvement), Breno, etc!

Edit: Just wanted to add, coaching is the reason why I think Terrelle Pryor will beat out Tarvaris for the backup position. He has the talent, he just needs to learn how to play the position.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... roz%20Show

jblaze

Reaction score
I hope our guards are as good as advertised. I'll have to wait and see if Carp can stay healthy and Sweezy wasn't graded very highly by PFF and others last year but our FO seems to love him. I'm more worried about our tackles. Our OL will be better but there really wasn't anywhere to go but up from last year.

Regarding Pryor, I don't see any way he beats out TJack. TJack is a great backup who knows this system and could come in and win us a game. Pryor is a flashy athlete type who doesn't read defenses or throw all that well. He's raw and would probably take a couple more years of seasoning.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":lz0sd8w6 said:
You are on drugs if you think Prior beats out TJack.

Part of being an NFL qb involves being able to pass.

i do agree that Tjack will be the only QB on the roster besides Wilson come week 1 . But to say that the guys is on drugs because he thinks Pryor will beat him out ? really ? Again this is Pete and Johns always compete squad. Where anything can happen.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Meh, on Pryor beating out TJack, the rest about coaching I agree with of the opening post.

I think the team will keep Pryor on the 53 as a trade piece or to develop further as a valuable tradable asset during the next offseason or sooner. Jackson looked to be in control when he played and although Pryor has exceptional athletic ability he has not 'got it' yet in the decision making part of the job as a QB while his accuracy is questionable and he needs to work on both parts of his game so he can make a touch throw, or not force passes into coverage, or be able to make more than one read.
Pryor has ability but his game is far from being ready for prime time. Pryor has some value but TJack is worth more as the backup.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2jbm9y9j said:

You are on drugs if you think Tarvaris has given you any indication that he can pass.

rideaducati

Reaction score
jblaze":17c2cmll said:
I hope our guards are as good as advertised. I'll have to wait and see if Carp can stay healthy and Sweezy wasn't graded very highly by PFF and others last year but our FO seems to love him. I'm more worried about our tackles. Our OL will be better but there really wasn't anywhere to go but up from last year.

Regarding Pryor, I don't see any way he beats out TJack. TJack is a great backup who knows this system and could come in and win us a game. Pryor is a flashy athlete type who doesn't read defenses or throw all that well. He's raw and would probably take a couple more years of seasoning.

Tarvaris reads defenses and throws well? Since when?

Pryor is Tarvaris with wheels and quicker decision-making.

jblaze

Reaction score
rideaducati":39jnhrye said:
jblaze":39jnhrye said:

I didn't say TJack reads defenses or throws well, I said Pryor doesn't. Pryor is fast, that's it. Making bad decisions quicker is not a good attribute. TJack is a vet and knows this system. He's not a starting QB obviously but he could limp it along if RW gets hurt for some reason. Pryor would come in and single handedly lose the game. He is beyond raw.

The only way Pryor stays on the team is if we carry a 3rd QB which I don't think will happen. We'll carry a 10th OL before we carry a 3rd QB.

Kam is our 3rd string QB, no I'm not joking.

rideaducati

Reaction score
jblaze":2weo8gbb said:
rideaducati":2weo8gbb said:
jblaze":2weo8gbb said:

I didn't say TJack reads defenses or throws well, I said Pryor doesn't. Pryor is fast, that's it. Making bad decisions quicker is not a good attribute. TJack is a vet and knows this system. He's not a starting QB obviously but he could limp it along if RW gets hurt for some reason. Pryor would come in and single handedly lose the game. He is beyond raw.

The only way Pryor stays on the team is if we carry a 3rd QB which I don't think will happen. We'll carry a 10th OL before we carry a 3rd QB.

So, you knock Pryor for not reading defenses or throwing well, but you give Tarvaris a pass for the exact same inabilities? Makes sense to you, I guess.

Pryor would do just as well as Tarvaris would and probably better because he can run. Tarvaris isn't known for his stellar decision making under fire and just takes a little longer to make his poor decisions, but he makes plenty of his own poor decisions.

rideaducati

Reaction score
jblaze":15zm4pl1 said:
rideaducati":15zm4pl1 said:
jblaze":15zm4pl1 said:

So, you knock Pryor for not reading defenses or throwing well, but you give Tarvaris a pass for the exact same inabilities? Makes sense to you, I guess.

Pryor would do just as well as Tarvaris would and probably better because he can run. Tarvaris isn't known for his stellar decision making under fire and just takes a little longer to make his poor decisions, but he makes plenty of his own poor decisions.

jblaze

Reaction score
rideaducati":1q0v714r said:
jblaze":1q0v714r said:
rideaducati":1q0v714r said:
jblaze":1q0v714r said:

No one is giving anyone a pass and you continue to put words in my mouth. I never said TJack does those things well or doesn't. I'm saying he's more of a known quantity and a stable veteran backup. Pryor is a raw project athlete who can run. You want stability in the backup QB position, not to groom the next starting QB project when you have RW. They took a flyer on Pryor to see what he had but he won't be the backup. He is erratic and unreliable.

Tjack will be the backup and 9/10 of people would agree with that. I wonder why.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3f3kt9b3 said:

Just quoting this for future bump if he does.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Cable is as bad or worse than any of our previous OL coaches. He has no ability for judging talent and the o-line has been spinning its tires ever since he got here.

If cable wasn't from snohomish and a former head coach then he would've been canned long ago.

Cable is the only coach who has failed to help his unit and is easily the weakest coach on the hawks in the Carroll era.

I will be very happy when Cable leaves, the problem is that the entire nfl has seen his failures so no team wants to poach him for a HC job or even OC.

We are stuck with cable until he leaves on his own or gets shown the door.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
Not sure how this turned into a TJax thread, but long story short TJ has had the same issues that TP has now. The difference is that Pryor has a higher ceiling than TJax does/will.

rideaducati

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":ekvcccv0 said:
Cable is as bad or worse than any of our previous OL coaches. He has no ability for judging talent and the o-line has been spinning its tires ever since he got here.

If cable wasn't from snohomish and a former head coach then he would've been canned long ago.

Cable is the only coach who has failed to help his unit and is easily the weakest coach on the hawks in the Carroll era.

I will be very happy when Cable leaves, the problem is that the entire nfl has seen his failures so no team wants to poach him for a HC job or even OC.

We are stuck with cable until he leaves on his own or gets shown the door.

Has he had a year when there were fewer than three injured players on the line in a season? Most offensive lines would be just as bad with as many injuries. The O-line needs to work together more than any other unit to be effective. I'm still holding out hope.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":eldzppmh said:
Tech Worlds":eldzppmh said:

Just quoting this for future bump if he does.
If Pryor does beat out T-Jack for QB2, (I don't think it'll happen, but anything's possible) just say "Cornbread." :)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Largent80":155967q6 said:
Tech is a pot head, don't listen to him. All of his delusions are from weed.
:th2thumbs: :pimp: :327321_Spy_23.22: :common069:

Latest posts