3rd TE vs 6th WR

bbsplitter

Reaction score
What situation do you think is more likely? The more I have heard Pete speak at interviews and knowing their interest in the past of players such as Jermichael Finley, and considering the only big body option in the WR corps is Matthews and from what I head he hasnt exactly been wowing, I say it is more likely they keep a third TE to be a big body pass catcher, especially considering how high Pete has been on Helflet lately. Presley has also been getting some love recently. Your thoughts?

Basis4day

Reaction score
They had both during the superbowl. I think it comes down to an extra OL or if we keep 3 qbs.

Tical21

Reaction score
We run a lot of formations with double-tights. We'd be hurtin' if one went down. We very rarely went into a game with 6 WR. I think the betting odds heavily favor the TE's. They could keep using Bailey in that role, but I think they would prefer to have a 3rd blocking TE on the roster.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I think they'll keep both 3 TE's and 6 WR's on the 53 man roster to start the regular season.

The Hawks play 2 TE sets too much too only have 2 TE's on the active roster.

And I don't think the Hawks are going to cut Norwood and risk another team claiming him, and since Norwood's no longer available for the PUP list to begin the season, that means I believe they will choose to carry him as a 6th WR on the 53 man roster until he gets healthy enough to play. Perhaps once Norwood is healthy a week or two into the season, they will cut a WR and only go with five WR's.

I've been predicting Bates as a 6th receiver on this team since way back in mini-camps, so I hope he makes it and contributes this year.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
2 QBs (since Kam is apparently ready if needed)
4 RBs
6 WRs (Harvin is half scat RB)
3 TEs (Miller, Willson, Helfet can all play FB)
10 OL (Maybe 9 if they want to keep another QB/RB)

25 Offensive Players

Likely

9/10 DL
7/6 LB
9 DBs

25 Defensive Players

Hawks46

Reaction score
Tical21":3rifnhvy said:
We run a lot of formations with double-tights. We'd be hurtin' if one went down. We very rarely went into a game with 6 WR. I think the betting odds heavily favor the TE's. They could keep using Bailey in that role, but I think they would prefer to have a 3rd blocking TE on the roster.

I was going to say they could use one of the OT's, but Bowie did that last year and he's gone.

With as much 2 TE sets as we use, I would guess 3 TE's, but we don't really run a lot of 2 TE sets with PA, which would be deadly with Willson out there.

I honestly think it's about what players are on the bubble. If it's Norwood or Lockette vs. Helfet, I'm guessing we keep the 6th WR. WR's seem to get dinged up more than the TE's do, and Harvin is not a lock to play the entire season. We go with 5 WR and Harvin gets hurt, we're down to 3 WR sets and 1 backup. We've also gone 4 wide before.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hawks46":32c959ux said:
Tical21":32c959ux said:

I was going to say they could use one of the OT's, but Bowie did that last year and he's gone.

It was Bailey who lined up as TE last year vs. SF. They also experimented with OL Mike Person in that role early in 2013 and went into the season with just 2 true TEs (only lasted a game or two before picking up Kellen Davis).

Smellyman

Reaction score
the other big body receiver is Willson. He is actually faster than most big bodied WR's. Seahawks will run a lot like they always do, but I have feeling they will be a lot more dynamic in play calling with Percy, Paul and Luke etc....