Chancellor ready to play QB if needed

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
RENTON, Wash. -- The Seattle Seahawks have a battle going on right now for the backup quarterback spot between Tarvaris Jackson and Terrelle Pryor.

Chancellor

But in the regular season, when it’s possible that only two quarterbacks will be on the active roster for a game, who is the emergency QB?

“I am the emergency quarterback here,” strong safety Kam Chancellor said Tuesday. “But right now, I’m the fifth-string quarterback. I’m working my way up the depth chart day by day.”

Chancellor is joking, of course, about working his way up the depth chart. But he isn’t joking about being the emergency quarterback.

“If it came down to it, yeah, I’m the guy," he said. “I have about five or six plays down right now. I’m still working on my playbook.”

Chancellor played quarterback at Maury High School in Norfolk, Virginia, passing for more than 2,000 yards and rushing for 500 yards his senior season. In one of the team’s 2005 playoff games, Chancellor passed for 224 yards and two touchdowns and also rushed for 89 yards.

Chancellor, 6-foot-3, also played basketball in high school.

If the team needed it, the Seahawks have another guy who could step in as an emergency quarterback in wide receiver Phil Bates, who was a standout high school quarterback in Omaha, Nebraska. Bates also played some quarterback in college at Iowa State and Ohio but is still fighting for a roster spot at receiver.

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... -if-needed

Rocket

Reaction score
This would give new meaning to the art of the sack... it would become an exercise in self-preservation as the quarterback would sack back.

Largent80

Reaction score
Can you imagine him scrambling and the defense getting the hell outta the way?... :lol:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":8pl36uco said:
Kam at QB would give new meaning to pistol offense.
Pistol? Hell no, he'd run the shotgun exclusively and it'd be so fearsome we'd call it the Boomstick formation.

Sticker375x360u2

garrylt4

Reaction score
Only problem would be if he forgot we were on offense and Sacked himself.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":340uozcp said:
Sarlacc83":340uozcp said:
It is difficult to argue with Ash.
Agreed.

One of the greatest films of our time. Seriously though, how amazing would it be if we saw Kam lining up as the QB in the shotgun formation and his call to Unger to snap the ball is "Come get some!", or "Groovy!"?

I'd die laughing.

byau

Reaction score
Nah dude... I'd want to see him pitch to Lynch and then block down the field. BAM BAM!