LOB nickname origin?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It was a Seahawks fan that made the submission to I believe the Bob & Groz show when they were looking for suggestions on a nickname for the unit. He posted here like a year later, though he wasn't a member of the forum at the time.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I heard some time ago that members of the secondary came up with the name, obviously not true apparently.

Rainger

Reaction score
On the Bob and Groz show Kam Chancellor said during an interview that he and the rest of the secondary liked to bring the "boom". That was then parlayed into a the legion of boom by the show and the callers into the show.

kearly

Reaction score
Someone started a thread here trying to start a nickname for the secondary. There were a lot of suggestions but Legion of Boom was by far the most popular. I thought it sounded stupid.

It's possible that the name was coined on Bob and Groz first and then someone plagiarized it in the thread, I don't know how the timelines work out, but .net was the first place I heard it. I do remember that in the thread the quote from Chancellor wanting "boom" in the nickname was mentioned.

It was sometime after that when somebody brought the nickname to Kam Chancellor's attention.

That's how I remember it anyway. It would be cool if that thread was archived.

Uffda

Reaction score
Legion of Doom To Legion of Boom, easy to see if you noticed, that a certain CB named himself Optimus prime to the Lions Megatron, and there's that ninja turtles fan , and in the past a Predator fan, among other players have heard mentioning comic book/super hero references.

Kearly , I remember that thread, was a long one and amusing. I first heard the term posted there also.

McG

Reaction score
Uffda":136notbb said:
I remember that thread, was a long one and amusing. I first heard the term posted there also.

+1 I remember that thread as well, first time I'd ever heard it.

Hawkaholic

Reaction score
Here ya go
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75186&p=1062004&hilit=legion+of+boom+bob+groz#p1062004
Kbar03":g6gauce9 said:
Here's the origin. I texted in "Legion of Boom" into 710 ESPN August 2 after an interview with Kam Chancellor. In the interview he was talking about keeping his weight down but still being able "to bring that boom." Since then a lot of people have tried to claim credit for the nickname..here's the picture from my phone of the text into Bob and Gros on 710..
file.php

Uffda

Reaction score
Hawkaholic":2t2djac5 said:
Here ya go
http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t ... z#p1062004
Kbar03":2t2djac5 said:
Here's the origin. I texted in "Legion of Boom" into 710 ESPN August 2 after an interview with Kam Chancellor. In the interview he was talking about keeping his weight down but still being able "to bring that boom." Since then a lot of people have tried to claim credit for the nickname..here's the picture from my phone of the text into Bob and Gros on 710..
file.php

Actually that's not the thread I was thinking of.

There was a thread posted here, , most likely after Kam asked for input or something like that , for a name for the secondary . It was many pages long.

I just thought that the caller either suggested there or picked it up then.

Was on the old servers and was also few maybe 3 ? years ago .

Doesn't really matter , just is a good name.

Where ever it originally appeared from.

Latest posts