No topic about the Pryor run?

ErikG803

Reaction score
Am I insanely drunk or is that the case?

I know roster spots are insanely hard to come by at this point, but really hope he makes the team. He has some potential for awesomeness.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
He has potential. But potential doesnt win games. He just isnt an NFL quality QB and not worth a roster spot IMO.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Gotta admit, I'm not overly enamored with Pryor's potential as QB at this point. Great athlete, but his mechanics might be too poor for fixing. I can kinda get why Oakland dropped him for basically nothing. He'll look like a star against preseason defenses that don't scheme for QB scrambles (like he did last year), but this isn't going to work against starting defenses and good schemes.

Daniels looked sharper. We'll see how they do vs. Chicago.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I don't want to see a Pete Carroll Pet project taking a roster space for someone that will contribute to the winning of a game.

kearly

Reaction score
Pryor had just 3 pass attempts. The first was incomplete due to apparent miscommunication. The second was a perfect pass on 3rd and long after rolling out of the pocket, but dropped by Helfet (who also had a bunch of brutal drops last preseason). The third was a perfect pass deep down the sideline that Richardson misplayed but still almost caught anyway.

Pryor looked more decisive running the ball this time. He had that one needlessly early slide that forced a 4th down, but otherwise he was smart running the football. I thought he had a good game.

But I liked Daniels a lot more. The last two preseasons he's been the same guy he was in college, and in college he was a clone of NC State Russell Wilson.

If Seattle keeps 3 QBs, it seems likely that the one QB who misses out is destined to be signed by SF, who's backup QB situation is desperate right now. I would rather send them Pryor than Daniels.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
True, but the lack of pass attempts can also be attributable to Pryor's indeciveness on designed passing plays. He did look fantastic running the ball, but I don't think those lanes will be there in regular season games. Want to see him throw more.

Daniels looked mostly in command. Liked what I saw.

Overall, QB situation looks pretty good. Hard choices to come.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
Pryor looked decent, and then BJ came in to the game. BJ looks a hundred times better and has more upside.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
seahawk 17":udq2dlup said:
Pryor looked decent, and then BJ came in to the game. BJ looks a hundred times better and has more upside.

Pryor has way more upside than BJ, but I did like what I saw from BJ as a RW clone.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ErikG803":32to6k6v said:
Am I insanely drunk or is that the case?

I know roster spots are insanely hard to come by at this point, but really hope he makes the team. He has some potential for awesomeness.
Don't be too hasty with the praises.
Even if he gets kudos from Bevel and the other Seahawks Coaches, you really need to dismiss their assessment of him, and instead, consider all the comments of all the Quarterback Guru's here on the NET.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3llc0lop said:
He has potential. But potential doesnt win games. He just isnt an NFL quality QB and not worth a roster spot IMO.

I agree last I checked

SO lets see to date he is 10-20 50% complt, 147 yards, 1 int 0 tds, 49 qb rating is horrible

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I didn't see him complete more than one pass. Can't get away with that except in the preseason.

McG

Reaction score
I wish this guy could learn to catch and block. Add 15 pounds and he would be on hell of a TE, 6'5'' with 4.4 (or less) speed? Wow, but the fact that he either wont or just flat out can't learn to play that position or even WR, just makes me wonder if we keep him. If anything were to happen to Russell Wilson, then maybe the play 2 QBs and run a college type offense. I can easily see us keeping him around though, T-Jack is over 30 and Pryor is in the final year of his contract. They could probably re-sign him on the cheap and groom him to be the back up for years to come. From what I have seen on Twitter and other social media sites he really seems to enjoy the area and the team, but you never know what will happen with a final 53 roster in the NFL.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Bobblehead":340nbh5q said:
I don't want to see a Pete Carroll Pet project taking a roster space for someone that will contribute to the winning of a game.
Yes because none of Pete's projects have ever worked out in the past...

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
McG":1kam49xx said:
I wish this guy could learn to catch and block. Add 15 pounds and he would be on hell of a TE, 6'5'' with 4.4 (or less) speed? Wow, but the fact that he either wont or just flat out can't learn to play that position or even WR, just makes me wonder if we keep him. If anything were to happen to Russell Wilson, then maybe the play 2 QBs and run a college type offense. I can easily see us keeping him around though, T-Jack is over 30 and Pryor is in the final year of his contract. They could probably re-sign him on the cheap and groom him to be the back up for years to come. From what I have seen on Twitter and other social media sites he really seems to enjoy the area and the team, but you never know what will happen with a final 53 roster in the NFL.
At this point it's he won't .

getnasty

Reaction score
I feel like we have 3 caple back ups with room for 1. Kearly is right though whoever gets cut will definitely land in SF. Side note, we have got to be the first in history to have four QB's and not one of them is a white guy.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
getnasty":3exfte0s said:
I feel like we have 3 caple back ups with room for 1. Kearly is right though whoever gets cut will definitely land in SF. Side note, we have got to be the first in history to have four QB's and not one of them is a white guy.

What does that have to do with anything?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3gwd1zs2 said:
getnasty":3gwd1zs2 said:

What does that have to do with anything?

Nothing. That's why it's a "side note".