Daniels TD

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Is there anywhere it can be seen?

I didnt quite make it to 3am to watch the game.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'd settle for someone telling me what happened.

Cartire

Reaction score
Won't be enough for him unfortunately. The drive felt a bit sloppy too even though it ended up in a TD.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Opinions vary and many here think BJ outplayed Pryor. To me BJ had better pocket presence and looked though his progressions better before taking and running which Pryor does if his first read is discovered. Personally to me Pryor is an Uber athlete but is a QB with very marginal accuracy and he has relied too much on his exceptional foot speed to save him from his deficiencies as a QB. If he could be retrained which may prove hard considering his experience he might become a better version of TJack who is better than Pryor as a QB.

At present Pryor reminds me of a lite version of Kaepernick, with better foot speed. It's not hard to see why Pn'J are curious about Pryor and I suspect they may give him a partial season to see exactly what they have.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Cartire":njf6yje4 said:
Won't be enough for him unfortunately. The drive felt a bit sloppy too even though it ended up in a TD.

Disagree. There was a miscommunication on one handoff. Otherwise, I thought he played near perfect. Looked sharp as a passer and able as a runner.

Very, very small sample size, but personally, I also thought he outshined Pryor.

Seafan

Reaction score
jammerhawk":38pgvlo6 said:
Opinions vary and many here think BJ outplayed Pryor. To me BJ had better pocket presence and looked though his progressions better before taking and running which Pryor does if his first read is discovered. Personally to me Pryor is an Uber athlete but is a QB with very marginal accuracy and he has relied too much on his exceptional foot speed to save him from his deficiencies as a QB. If he could be retrained which may prove hard considering his experience he might become a better version of TJack who is better than Pryor as a QB.

At present Pryor reminds me of a lite version of Kaepernick, with better foot speed. It's not hard to see why Pn'J are curious about Pryor and I suspect they may give him a partial season to see exactly what they have.

Partial season? Not that you are wrong of course. But the end game is what, a trade? I hope they trade him before the season starts so they don't have to sacrifice a roster spot to someone more deserving. I'd love to see the guy as a return man, a receiver/back but that likely won't happen. He's an amazing athlete. If he could develop some accuracy he'd be a good QB, maybe great. Spending the season on the roster wouldn't help the Seahawks. He wants to play so he's not going to wait around and re-sign with the Hawks as the backup next year.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I do see this ultimately a 'trade move' by the FO.

From what we've seen so far from Pryor he has demonstrated elite athletic ability but is only of curiously developmental or reclamation interest as a QB. There is no way he is a better backup than TJack but he could become better because of that exceptional athletic ability. A So he was claimed from the scrap pile to see if he could be redeveloped. As a result I think Pete and John have a new toy that they will play with as long as they see signs of positive development and if so they will have an asset that will be worth something from a scrapped player obtained with the last normal pick of the 7th rd. If not the experiment wasn't that expensive.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The problem with keeping Pryor is the team possibly loses Daniels who may be a better pure QB than Pryor.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
jammerhawk":bo70wurq said:
The problem with keeping Pryor is the team possibly loses Daniels who may be a better pure QB than Pryor.

The problem with Daniel is that he's like a poorman's Wilson, and on the scout team he can't emulate other QBs like Pryor has the ability to first with his elite athleticism and 2ndly, with his prototypical size.

Obviously, there is value in keeping a Wilson-clone on the team as well as off the streets.

But just as well there is value in keeping a Kaepernick-clone and someone who can emulate the prototypical QB.

It kind of sucks right now with all this talent in that TJack is our most polished and poised of our back-ups and that he's actually quite good in the backup role. He doesn't have the burden of expectations to shoulder and in that resolve I think he found his sanctuary as a QB. Which as allowed him to just be comfortable and play within his own strengths.

If we keep 3 QBs, and its Pryor, I hope we can convince the Jags to claim him because no way does Daniels make it past the waiver process because Daniels is a Wilson scout and spent the better part of the last year with Wilson. So he's not going to make it the PS like some want to believe.

If we keep Daniels, I hope we can convince the Packers to part with a 6th round pick, if any team that desperately needs a scout Kaepernick its probably them, even though they won't play each other unless its the play-offs. Or again we can convince the Jags to claim him before anyone else.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seafan":31guvfxt said:
jammerhawk":31guvfxt said:

Partial season? Not that you are wrong of course. But the end game is what, a trade? I hope they trade him before the season starts so they don't have to sacrifice a roster spot to someone more deserving. I'd love to see the guy as a return man, a receiver/back but that likely won't happen. He's an amazing athlete. If he could develop some accuracy he'd be a good QB, maybe great. Spending the season on the roster wouldn't help the Seahawks. He wants to play so he's not going to wait around and re-sign with the Hawks as the backup next year.
Hmmm, so even he understands that he is young, and still needs to work on getting better, Pryor is eager to MAYBE, or then again maybe not start on another team, and that BJ Daniels feels safe enough with his play, is perfectly content to ride the pine as the backup Quarterback, replacing Jackson, should he not be here next Season?
Now I could be wrong, but it strikes me, that IF Daniels is the better Quarterback of the two, as most here have evaluated as such, then why wouldn't he be the most obvious trade option in our Quarterback stable?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":kwlrjeea said:
jammerhawk":kwlrjeea said:

The problem with Daniel is that he's like a poorman's Wilson, and on the scout team he can't emulate other QBs like Pryor has the ability to first with his elite athleticism and 2ndly, with his prototypical size.

Obviously, there is value in keeping a Wilson-clone on the team as well as off the streets.

But just as well there is value in keeping a Kaepernick-clone and someone who can emulate the prototypical QB.

It kind of sucks right now with all this talent in that TJack is our most polished and poised of our back-ups and that he's actually quite good in the backup role. He doesn't have the burden of expectations to shoulder and in that resolve I think he found his sanctuary as a QB. Which as allowed him to just be comfortable and play within his own strengths.

If we keep 3 QBs, and its Pryor, I hope we can convince the Jags to claim him because no way does Daniels make it past the waiver process because Daniels is a Wilson scout and spent the better part of the last year with Wilson. So he's not going to make it the PS like some want to believe.

If we keep Daniels, I hope we can convince the Packers to part with a 6th round pick, if any team that desperately needs a scout Kaepernick its probably them, even though they won't play each other unless its the play-offs. Or again we can convince the Jags to claim him before anyone else.
I think that because of the ties between Gus Bradley and Pete Carroll, your Jags scenario is the one that makes the most sense for both parties, and hopefully some kind of trade gets done between the two teams, if only to close the doors on the Whiners.
Obviously Pryor is going to need another Year or so to develop, be it here or in Jacksonville.

chris98251

Reaction score
Just because Daniels is similar to Wilson isn't the reason you keep him anymore the Pryor is to Kaep, you have 16 games, do we pick a Manning clone, a Bradford clone, a Brady clone and a Rogers clone also?

You grab a guy that can be developed as a backup or possible starter, someone that is smart and can run a new offense every week to emulate plays of the team you are playing, if there are similarities to a oppositions QB it's a bonus, keep ing Daniels or Pryor because he looks like someone else isn't logical, if that was the case we would have kept Flynn because he is a pocket passer like Manning and Rogers and has experience in Green Bays offense.

Maybe we bring back Dan McGwire to simulate Rivers also.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2z2lvvwf said:
Just because Daniels is similar to Wilson isn't the reason you keep him anymore the Pryor is to Kaep, you have 16 games, do we pick a Manning clone, a Bradford clone, a Brady clone and a Rogers clone also?

You grab a guy that can be developed as a backup or possible starter, someone that is smart and can run a new offense every week to emulate plays of the team you are playing, if there are similarities to a oppositions QB it's a bonus, keep ing Daniels or Pryor because he looks like someone else isn't logical, if that was the case we would have kept Flynn because he is a pocket passer like Manning and Rogers and has experience in Green Bays offense.

So you're trying to convince everyone here that we don't need a Quarterback that plays our system similarly to what Wilson does, and is maybe being groomed to follow in that capacity?
Who else do you see out there that has most the bells and whistles, and won't be cold turkey, and also won't require some developmental time, and that can maybe come in and take the reins should Wilson be injured? (GOD forbid)

There's also an outside chance, that Pryor, or Daniels are maybe being developed for trade's sake.

chris98251

Reaction score
scutterhawk":i3vsqy6a said:
chris98251":i3vsqy6a said:

So you're trying to convince everyone here that we don't need a Quarterback that plays our system similarly to what Wilson does, and is maybe being groomed to follow in that capacity?
Who else do you see out there that has most the bells and whistles, and won't be cold turkey, and also won't require some developmental time, and that can maybe come in and take the reins should Wilson be injured? (GOD forbid)

There's also an outside chance, that Pryor, or Daniels are maybe being developed for trade's sake.

Daniels was picked up for his abilities in my mind not because he looks like Wilson, Pryor is here due to the possible ability to fix his passing flaws not because he can run a Kaep look alike scout team is my point.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3bpal8xq said:
scutterhawk":3bpal8xq said:
chris98251":3bpal8xq said:

Daniels was picked up for his abilities in my mind not because he looks like Wilson, Pryor is here due to the possible ability to fix his passing flaws not because he can run a Kaep look alike scout team is my point.
My bad, I misread.
AND I agree with your short and sweet explain.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I think Tarvaris gets cut because the front office knows that no one will pick him up and if he is needed later in the season, they'll bring him back.

Daniels goes to practice squad unless someone picks him up, and if they do, oh well.

Pryor will be the backup because he is just as accurate as Tarvaris and can make decisions quicker than Tarvaris. He also can run with the ball. With a little more time in the system, he will prove to be much better than Tarvaris ever has been.

Latest posts