Painful viewing of last game from SD Chargers broadcasters.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I'm in the process of re-watching our week 2 preseason game against the SD Chargers. What's the catch? It's from the perspective of the Charger's horribly unprofessional and embarrassingly bad announcers.

So I'll start with the good which is mainly what I gained from seeing us destroy them the first time around with the original Seahawks crew calling the game.

We destroyed them, made them look silly. Our O-line in general looked *gasp* REALLY GOOD!

Probably the best starting drive I've seen for a LONG TIME. We looked sharp and ready right out the gate no first punts or multiple field goals instead of touchdowns.

Turbin had the best game I've ever seen from him, he was actually featured on the ESPN.com NFL scores page as a "Quality Performer" and he still is there as I write this.

So I'm gonna have to temporarily take it easy on both our O-Line and Turbin, they both looked much better than I was expecting vs the Chargers.

THE BOTTOM LINE: We looked REALLY GOOD! We had our energy once again, and we were very dominant in all phases of the game. That is the team I was hoping to see when I made my official 14-2 prediction for our Hawks this season.

THE POSSIBLE NEGATIVES: I think the Chargers are horrible, especially their defense. It's more obvious how bad they are after watching this game for the 2nd time. They finished last season 9-7 against an INCREDIBLY WEAK SCHEDULE...

They were ranked 29th for their pass defense last season. I think they gonna get stomped this year against the NFC West and would be VERY LUCKY to even go 8-8. I don't think they make the playoffs, no chance in hell. I think they gonna get romped this season probably go 7-9 too be honest maybe worst.

So it's hard to say how good we really played since their defense is so atrocious. That being said we looked GREAT and I couldn't be happier with our team's performance.

Here are the notes I took from the 1st half of the game as I re-watched it this evening/morning. A lot of it is just making fun of how bad the SD Chargers broadcast was. I'll have to do the 2nd half later.

1st HALF:

#77 Carpenter lets guy blow right by him in 2nd play of game like wtf blow by…

San Diego chargers announcers are very awkward and almost sound like South Park characters. Their flashy Chargers + lightning graphic on every replay is corny since they suck

Manti Teo is slow as hell and got stiff armed by Turbin

CMikes cuts are ridiculous he gets so low breaks their ankles. Almost seems like he cuts so sharp and gets so low that he’s likely to get helmet to the ball instead of helmet to the legs or stomach like most RB’s

Turbin made a really nice block on Baldwin’s touchdown penalty. Baldwin appeared to BS this penalty, got his left arm all up on the defender to initiate the defender’s penalty…

So far all penalties have been bologna poo… 3 or 4 of them…

They called us a “Mass of humanity” when we scored from 1 yard line with Turbin rushing behind Coleman… Wtf does that even mean…

Flags are now called “hankies”

After the touchdown commercial break they show a close up of a real Seahawk (aka Pandion Haliaetus) and they say “that is a real Seahawk… talk about Intensity…” other guy goes, “A little bit too close for my liking”… these guys are total dorks.

“Phillip River’s record is 6-1 when he wears that glove on left hand”… “Only loss in that playoff game last year in Denver”… LMAO what a joke stat

On Danny Woodhead’s first down “Wow… Danny Woodhead is one of those guys… so small of stature he ran to that pylon… on that play you just say, ‘where did he go… OK where did he go? just a pile of bodies he Eeeked it… EEEEK’”

Our Defensive Line this game included Michael Bennett (they didn’t know he wasn’t playing) and Cliff Avril. Both Bennett and Avril are “new players for the Seahawks this season”

Philip Rivers sounds like a total idiot… he looks like he is giving an interview to a 4 year old child… he says, “He looks like Malcom… and he always tells us he just got lucky… and we’re like Malcom you can’t get lucky” while clapping hands together with crazy gestures and squinting like a big buffoon.

Philip Rivers is a whiney little booty buns about Maxwell wrapping up his receiver within the legal 5 yards.

Chargers Keys to the game presented by Audi:

- Chargers QB’s Stay hot
- Defense Get After Wilson

On Turbin’s huge run Harvin drew a defender while in motion to the left side, the defender on the right edge bit hardcore on Wilson, Turbin was wide open he did not require any skill to bust that run their Defense was terrible. Pretty sexy lil’ baby stiff arm but it would have been more impressive if it wasn’t so wide open. Chargers D = smelly buttholes.

Seattle can do anything they want offensively, “They can fake a screen over HERE, and then throw another screen OVER THERE!? Yeah Dan it looks like they can do pretty much whatever they want to offensively…”

Turbin’s 47 yard run was a “scamper”

Harvin finds it hilarious with a giant grin when he gets his ass tackled like a sack of poo for minimal gains

Philip Rivers looks literally mentally disabled and like a cry baby making the most stupid faces I’ve ever seen like he’s mocking his team mates… meanwhile announcers say “let’s hope Russell Wilson is done for the day”. “This is a meaningless pre-season game”

Jerod Johnson “absolutely appeared” when he tackled Woodhead “that’s one way to end the 1st quarter”

Moving after you caught the ball for Woodhead and immediately running out of bounds = “makes a couple moves”

Coleman is really good, every time I notice him on the field he’s doing his job very effectively. On the Zach Miller throw where he almost got a touch down Coleman threw down a money block to let Wilson pass in comfort.

Bailey looks incredibly slow and out of shape, falls over and gets beat pretty easily.

Sarah Thomas is first woman ref I can remember in NFL? She’s married though what a tease! Ring on her left hand ring finger sorry bros. She has been officiating since 1996 that’s 18 years dang not like she got a gimmie for this gig, good for her.

SD Charger announcer does a pretty damn good “Pizza Pizza” impression when looking at Sarah’s resume which includes “2009 Little Caesars Pizza Bowl”.

Haushka likes to line up the 33 yarder from an angle on right side

Chargers coach words of wisdom for their QB Clemons “Run the offense the way it’s meant to be run”… yes that’s worth the broadcasters telling us about.

FACT: Chargers and Seahawks have met 69 times in pre-season and regular season but never in playoffs… Jury still out on Chargers chances to make playoffs according to their own announcers haha.

Phil Bates = Baldwin for them… 88 != 89 sorry dumb announcer noobs… Seriously how could they ever mistake Bates for Baldwin? Bates is like twice as big and looks nothing like him wtf… did they even watch any Seahawks post season games last year? Shaking my head… amateurs

Baldwin is a nerd, he’s from Standford and he’s a National Honor Society Winner, a Math Honor Society Winner, and a Spanish Honor Society Winner.

Hauschka also likes kicking extra point from left hash mark, middle is for noobs.

Schofield is good, jumps all over the play so fast it looks like he would be off sides compared to the offensive line reaction. Nothing was called though and he nails Clemons in the back. Schofield has always impressed me, looked great early last season too.

I want to slap Philip Rivers he looks like the Jim Harbaugh of QB’s, always complaining like a total a-hole whenever the camera shows him.

He did the smart thing “Did not hit Earl Thomas in the back” well Earl Thomas was not even in the game with less than 1 minute to go in 1st half…

Century Link is known affectionately as the “Clink” as in like “clink” “clack” little tea cup noises tapping on the glass. That’s news to me.

“Did you ever see them practice an onside kick other than practice? You never see it in a game. I would love to see uh Hauschka… I mean rather Nick Novack do an onside kick, what the heck you got to lose?”

San Diego can get the ball back with 39 seconds left in great field position because they have 2 timeouts…

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
UPDATE: 8/19/14

OK, I finally finished re-watching the 2nd half with SD Chargers broadcasters. Keep in mind a lot of the notes I made was when I was really drunk so some of my opinions might sound a bit extreme. K here's the 2nd half notes and a little bit I missed from 1st half:

More 1st Half notes:

Pierre-Louise SUCKS let the Charger receiver run right behind him when he had nobody else to guard on the play, horrible instincts he sucks and gave them a free touchdown WAY TOO EASY FOR THEM HE’S BAD.

Bryan Walters looks worst than me out there with his Kickoff returns at end of first half, he’s lucky that didn't happen in a normal game situation instead of the end of 1st half. It looked like the ball was very likely to go into end zone so we’d start at 20 yard line… instead he fumbled it like a total scrub and we start at like 3 yard line. I’m not convinced with this guy at all… he’s bad if he makes the team I’ll cry… He’s lucky he got a flag on that play so he could redo it… still looked like me or even worst on the next play, (edited to remove some of drunken rant) running for nothing once he encounters resistance. HE RAN INTO A SUPER SLOW BIG LINE MAN WHO WAS MORE FOCUSED ON THE INCOMING BLOCK THAN WALTERS… NO REASON WHY WALTERS DIDN'T CUT TO THE LEFT HE RAN RIGHT INTO THE GUY WHAT A SCRUB WALTERS IS… I’m not impressed. On his kickoff return in preseason game 1 he looked even worst like “oh snap son there’s guys in front of me I’ll trip all over myself and fall into them like a doofus ya!”

Baldwin should be the backup kickoff return guy. Harvin should do it when we are in a close game, Baldwin does it in garbage time… Walters is a serious joke I can’t stand watching him out there, it actually embarrasses me big time. And as for punts if Walters wins the job… we really should of kept Tate if Walters is the best punt returner lmao.

2nd Half:

Another weak penalty on Lane and their receiver but it offsets in our favor…

Walters has a nice 1st punt return in beginning of second half which is surprising, but their 1st tackler totally whiffed and I’m guessing won’t make the team based on how awful he looked on that play…

Cooper Helfat is a false starting “dookie”

Pryor threw a really horrible one towards Phil Bates, there was nothing there Bates was 100% covered and it didn't even look like Pryor threw the ball at the correct point of the route… Pete Carroll looks shameful about Pryor’s overwhelming stupidity.

Helfat plays like poo with a drop on a perfect pass just 2 plays after his false start. I don’t see any need why we should keep 3 Tight Ends seems like a waste of a roster spot.

Haushka nails a 55 yard Field Goal with ease, his career high was 54. Haushka is currently ranked 4th all time in FG%. John Ryan recovered the poor snap to set Haushka up beautifully for his career long. It seems Haushka has improved his leg strength each of the last 2 seasons. If Haushka can hit easily from 55+ yards he may be the best kicker in the league considering his accuracy.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/fg_perc_career.htm

Their QB Clemons just hurls the ball around like he really doesn't give a F. He already knows how much they are gonna suck this year and he has about as much touch on the ball as Kaepernick. He’s basically like “try to catch this 100% fastball boy” every time he throws it. He’s displaying some nice accuracy though gotta admit… and as soon as I say he has no touch he’s showing some, but now he’s making stupid decisions go figure.

That penalty on Tharold Simon when he got the pick 6 was complete BS. I don’t think it’s possible to play it any better than he did, the receiver was running right into him just barely beyond the 5 yards what’s he supposed to do just give up on the play and fall on his butt? It’s disgraceful.

Their commentators sound legitimately stunned that they scored a Touch Down even though it was against our backups and the score was still 14-27. They called it a “silencer” and made all kinds of comments like it was incredible.

Christine Michael’s parents didn't do him any favors giving him that first name.

Their announcer played Pop Warner football against Pete Carroll back in the day, they made an All-Star team together. “He (Carroll) was a Defensive Back and he was a real pain in the butt!”

“Nothing small about Kiero Small… that has gotta be a scary proposition”

When Richardson missed the big throw from Pryor the defender was lightly tugging on his jersey moments before the catch which could explain why he didn't quite make it there.

Pryor looks great running, looks so smooth and under control compared to Kaepernick who looks like he’s wildly running from the police and they have dogs too.

According to their player profile graphic B.J. Daniels is 5’11’’ 271 pounds.

Their defensive coordinator was “beleaguered… sometimes you just have one of those days”

Russell Wilson said “OH NO YOU DIDN’T! YOU DID NOT JUST DO THAT!” in the tone of a sassy school girl when BJ Daniels ran for the touchdown.

Smellyman

Reaction score
every fan complains about the other teams announcers....

Rivers is the Jim Harbaugh of quarterbacks. Awkward and a spaz

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tokadub":1h2ghyuq said:
...........That is the team I was hoping to see when I made my official 14-2 prediction for our Hawks this season.…
Where is the official season prediction thread? Or, are you saying that's what your will be?

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Aside from a bunch of really silly complaints in the OP ab out the crew, you missed the biggest atrocity of all. They used the logo from 3 years ago for the whole game! Really though, complaining that they used the words "hanky" or "scamper"? Those are used constantly all season long. There was so much to complain about, nitpicking standard analogies sounds extremely whiney. You could have talked about how they misidentified Bates as Baldwin right after a play and kept talking about Baldwin despite there being a closeup of #88 the whole time. But no, complain about "scamper" as if it's even unusual. Mass Of Humanity = a group (mass) of players (humanity) pushing towards the other end of the field. I've seen any number of players and coaches talking the last two years about how Wilson disappears at times because of his size, but somehow it's absurd that they say it about Woodhead?

C'mon, are Seahawks fans really going to continue to reach and dig for insults that are only perceived by the most sensitive of sensitive people who just want to get offended before they can start their day? And then go on to talk about how Harbaugh is a big whiny baby as if it's somehow different when we do it? That broadcast was terrible in all aspects, but lets actually pick stuff that was actually subpar and not the standard broadcaster's thesaurus and analogy handbook.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2pn7hxb2 said:
Tokadub":2pn7hxb2 said:
...........That is the team I was hoping to see when I made my official 14-2 prediction for our Hawks this season.…
Where is the official season prediction thread? Or, are you saying that's what your will be?
There was one earlier this year. I think I predicted 11-5.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1ic14dfz said:
We won. That is all.
Winning pre-season games hardly mattesr at all. The Lions went 4-0 in preseason the year they wen 0-16. They're just full speed practices in game situations. Winning is good for the group as it feeds the always compete mantra, but it's hardly in the top 10 of what matters about preseason games, especially this: no one got hurt.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Since we started Rving full time I have to get major networks through the LA feeds, a Directv thing to comply with FCC regs. So I had to listen to the SD announcers too. Currently in Rapid City SD. But from the outset the SD announcers were afraid RW was going to take it to them. Nothing but glowing praise for him and the Seahawk defense. They used the expression "moving the ball at will" numerous times. It really got pretty comical. Fouts was resigned to inevitable outcome fairly early in the 2nd quarter.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
MadSweeney":2rhyys11 said:
PlinytheCenter":2rhyys11 said:
We won. That is all.
Winning pre-season games hardly mattesr at all. The Lions went 4-0 in preseason the year they wen 0-16. They're just full speed practices in game situations. Winning is good for the group as it feeds the always compete mantra, but it's hardly in the top 10 of what matters about preseason games, especially this: no one got hurt.

Guess you missed the sarcasm. No injuries. That is all.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Last preseason at Qualcomm they spent a good chunk of the game 'interviewing' a member of the catering staff who promptly forgot how to speak or started choking on his own food. I kinda miss that guy.

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3vp4nu9u said:
Tokadub":3vp4nu9u said:

I'm not sure if this is the official prediction thread but here are some of our predictions including mine:

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92374

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
MadSweeney":1lppswmz said:
Aside from a bunch of really silly complaints in the OP ab out the crew, you missed the biggest atrocity of all. They used the logo from 3 years ago for the whole game! Really though, complaining that they used the words "hanky" or "scamper"? Those are used constantly all season long. There was so much to complain about, nitpicking standard analogies sounds extremely whiney. You could have talked about how they misidentified Bates as Baldwin right after a play and kept talking about Baldwin despite there being a closeup of #88 the whole time. But no, complain about "scamper" as if it's even unusual. Mass Of Humanity = a group (mass) of players (humanity) pushing towards the other end of the field. I've seen any number of players and coaches talking the last two years about how Wilson disappears at times because of his size, but somehow it's absurd that they say it about Woodhead?

C'mon, are Seahawks fans really going to continue to reach and dig for insults that are only perceived by the most sensitive of sensitive people who just want to get offended before they can start their day? And then go on to talk about how Harbaugh is a big whiny baby as if it's somehow different when we do it? That broadcast was terrible in all aspects, but lets actually pick stuff that was actually subpar and not the standard broadcaster's thesaurus and analogy handbook.

A lot of the stuff wasn't even me complaining I just thought they sounded so awkward and dorky it was comical to me at the time when I was extremely drunk.

And I know what a "Mass of Humanity" is in technical terms, but that's just another incredibly awkward sounding phrase to use in my opinion.

It sounds like you are the one digging and being whiney here, this thread is in no way a serious complaint just making fun of them.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
C'mon guys everyone knows Tokadub posts only when drunk. Which confuses me given his screen name and the fact he lives in Washington it's a bait and switch scheme, trust me.

Hawks46

Reaction score
First of all, this site would be a bit lacking if there wasn't any extreme drunk posting. It's really funny and cheap entertainment. I particularly like this line:

"Pryor looks great running, looks so smooth and under control compared to Kaepernick who looks like he’s wildly running from the police and they have dogs too"

That made me laugh. Like someone else said, "hanky" and "scamper" is standard broadcaster terminology and doesnt' bother me.

You think these guys are bad, wait to you hear the radio crew they have. I lived in Vegas and we got a lot of Charger games and it was super annoying. First off, their play by play guy has a really high squeaky voice and every time they get a first down yells out "move those chains" like it's the best thing that ever happened to him. It's about as annoying as watching a Vikings game on TV and they blow that stupid horn every time they gain more than 4 yards on a play. The funny part is when the guy starts to pout. He gets really moreose.

Their color commentator (if he's still the same guy) is Hank something or other, and used to be a Fullback. He says bright things like "that's not fair!" and whines about the refs literally every other play. The average fan that never played could do just as good a job.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
4221611 std

John Cleese disapproves of your lack of hanky knowledge.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Anyone else catch the weather graphic they overlayed on the CLink at the start of the game?

It said "Qualcom Stadium" .

- bsd

olyfan63

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2kz6qfvo said:
C'mon guys everyone knows Tokadub posts only when drunk. Which confuses me given his screen name and the fact he lives in Washington it's a bait and switch scheme, trust me.

Post of the Year!
Well, at least of the thread.