Does anyone have an idea why ''John Schneider'' Levi?

danp1990

Reaction score
I watched the game just to see what if any good depth the 49ers might have,and then out of nowhere before pre-game Matt Maiocco a trusted and verified 9ers media insider said ''10 NFL team scouts are here,plus 2 CFL teams,AND 1 GM BEING- SEAHAWKS JOHN SCHNEIDER''!?? are we looking at their O-line back ups in case of being released or what? :?

OP
OP
D

danp1990

Reaction score
I guess Trent Balke and Scheider were talking about possibly trading cut players from either side,... but im thinking a possible trade for holdout Guard Alex Boone??? wishful thinking maybe.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Very interesting. It also may be possible he is following up on some Broncos players he saw last week and wanted to see them in action for a second week in case they are cut.

Mick063

Reaction score
Don't assume he is only looking at San Francisco's roster.

chris98251

Reaction score
Geez they were opening a new Stadium for football, don't you think he was getting a lay of the land and some information for our purposes also? It was a great time to look at players they may have identified as well, I doubt two GM's would be scouting and talking about the same players in the same division especially with our rivalry so heated right now.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Two top five teams play and we aren't interested???

Nothing to see here.

ivotuk

Reaction score
There were scouts at the Seahawks/Chargers game too. They are at ALL preseason games.

But what this says, is OUR GM does not sit at home and wait for reports, he's all over it! :th2thumbs:

McG

Reaction score
He was probably just checking out the new stadium. Or maybe he was there to get a good laugh? Who knows, I'm guessing probably the first one. Personally, I think the stadium looks boring as hell. From an area that's known for it's forward thinking, this is something you'd see as a new stadium in Cleveland or Tennessee, not in a rich area like that. It just makes me appreciate C-Link, it truly is a beautiful stadium. I went to the first pre-season game in 2002 at the C-Link (Seahawks Stadium at the time) and University of Phoenix Stadium in 2006 when I was in the Air Force. Boy did I get hell from all the Cardinal, wait I mean Cowboy fans in 06 with my Alexander jersey on. Pretty cool place though, but nothing compares to C-Link.

seedhawk

Reaction score
He was in Silicon Valley getting new software to keep us ahead of all the rest. Might as well take in a game and see the new stadium, right? :sarcasm_off:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
People have already covered the likely answer pretty more, so I'll try to solidify why I think they're right that JS is scoping other team's players:

He and Carroll have mentioned they consider the 53 man cutdown a second free agency. They have their eyes on various players who think will hit the wire, and they'll try to work out a way to get them if they can. (Cap considerations are, of course, more in play these days than they were when this was originally said in 2010.)

ivotuk

Reaction score
That was such a weak opener for their new stadium. "Joe Staley want's to know how much the twelfth man is going to effect teams coming in to play them."

Judging by that game, not at all. Barely a peep from those fans.

seanoob

Reaction score
seedhawk":2d6ppzjy said:
He was in Silicon Valley getting new software to keep us ahead of all the rest. Might as well take in a game and see the new stadium, right? :sarcasm_off:

The good news is that Roboruss 3.0 is bug free.

NINEster

Reaction score
ivotuk":lp835rky said:
That was such a weak opener for their new stadium. "Joe Staley want's to know how much the twelfth man is going to effect teams coming in to play them."

Judging by that game, not at all. Barely a peep from those fans.

Wait till week 2 to judge a real opener of a stadium.

BTW, I just happened to see comments from Giants' fans about Levis and they think the stadium is very nice. And just like you guys, they love to talk s*** on anything 49er related. :th2thumbs:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NINEster":1owkfccn said:
Wait till week 2 to judge a real opener of a stadium.
Well, based on preseason thus far, half the fans there will be looking for shade to stand in because that 80-degree sunshine is just too brutal.