Can we forecast out a bit. Seahawks D all time

gowazzu02

Reaction score
So last year Seattle did what no NFL D has done since the 01 ravens, lead league in fewest points, yards, most turnovers. maybe another one or two. And after the curb stomping of the superbowl they got mentioned in the elite defenses breath all time, 85 bears, 01 ravens, steelers of 70s. But noone was willing to give them the nod of all time great.

My question is, If all goes as we hope/plan. And this defense is that dominant again and gets back to the supoerbowl, with the NEW rule changes. I think this team has to be given the nod of all time great. I mean the old time defenses didn't have the new rules around concussions, and Saving of the QB and the new pro passing league that we had last year. They certainly didn't have all the new emphasis rules piled onto all the others that we will have to deal with this year.

This is the next test towards proving themselves vs history.

Edited to add a "Knock on wood" lol

Basis4day

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3mfv53t8 said:
So last year Seattle did what no NFL D has done since the 01 ravens, lead league in fewest points, yards, most turnovers. maybe another one or two. And after the curb stomping of the superbowl they got mentioned in the elite defenses breath all time, 85 bears, 01 ravens, steelers of 70s. But noone was willing to give them the nod of all time great.

My question is, If all goes as we hope/plan. And this defense is that dominant again and gets back to the supoerbowl, with the NEW rule changes. I think this team has to be given the nod of all time great. I mean the old time defenses didn't have the new rules around concussions, and Saving of the QB and the new pro passing league that we had last year. They certainly didn't have all the new emphasis rules piled onto all the others that we will have to deal with this year.

This is the next test towards proving themselves vs history.

Edited to add a "Knock on wood" lol

The 01 Ravens?

Sac

Reaction score
Actually, the last team to lead the league in fewest points, and yards allowed as well as most turnovers was the 85 Bears.