Article(s) re: Percy Harvin

Laloosh

Reaction score
First article is from Fieldgulls yesterday.

"Seahawks Replay Booth: Percy Harvin's important role in the Seattle offense"
http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-brea ... wilson-nfl

While it's likely that the Seahawks' offense will continue to run primarily through Marshawn Lynch, I don't think it's hyperbole to suggest that Percy Harvin's presence on the field changes everything. His speed threatens the edge, he tilts coverages, and the effect is that the defense has to defend more of the field, which helps everyone on offense.

The second article is from March of 2013, written by Greg Cosell and was written before Harvin had surgery. I don't recall seeing it here but I loved the article and the more we see from Harvin, the more accurate it appears to be.

"Cosell’s Take: Seahawks set the tone for the new NFL in free agency"
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shutdown- ... --nfl.html

Think about it in the context of the Seahawks. You have Russell Wilson in the shotgun, with Marshawn Lynch next to him or behind him in the Pistol formation. If Lynch is next to Wilson, the defense must be prepared for read option, which presents its own set of tactical issues. If it’s the Pistol, then the defense must be ready for the complete and multiple running game with Lynch, which of course is no easy task to defend. Of course, you can throw very effectively from these formations as well, with multiple play action and run action principles. Now add Harvin into the mix, sprinting into the backfield. That gives the Seahawks so many more options, and the defense much more to digest, process and adjust to in a matter of seconds. It’s a very difficult balancing act for even the most experienced defense.

Largent80

Reaction score
We may fool a lot of teams this year with our offense. A number of things will contribute.....I see Carp having his best year, Sweezy is getting better, The speed added with Harvin and Richardson, and "the Pedestrians" becoming "the Tramplers".

Not to mention one Russell Wilson continuing to ascend.

Sucks to be every other NFL team.

kearly

Reaction score
I like to bash Cosell for having the scouting acumen of Charley Casserly, but when it comes to actual NFL football games he knows his stuff.