buying tickets at C.Link field before actual game

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
I know there are numerous people offering tickets before games.

I've never purchased them, as I am there with tickets in hand, but wondering if anyone else has? I understand that tickets can be photoshopped (faked) and such, but has anyone had any luck with going down ticket less and picking up tickets right before kick off? If so any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
If you do that, bring plenty of money... and have a ticket taker verify the tickets before you pay for them... and also have a back-up plan to go watch the game elsewhere in case you strike out or don't want to pay what the scalpers are asking for.

OP
OP
D

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":18u73jfl said:
If you do that, bring plenty of money... and have a ticket taker verify the tickets before you pay for them... and also have a back-up plan to go watch the game elsewhere in case you strike out or don't want to pay what the scalpers are asking for.

I've always thought tickets would be face value due to scalping laws inside the Seattle city limits?

Cartire

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":6v94bcrx said:

Wait, i thought scalping was illegal (even though stubhub is nothing more then a scalper, but they are corporations, which are immune to punishment). You think a scalper is going to let you verify the tickets with a ticket taker?

iigakusei

Reaction score
daveCFPrez":fbigb3fd said:
onanygivensunday":fbigb3fd said:

I've always thought tickets would be face value due to scalping laws inside the Seattle city limits?

Please tell me you aren't serious?

My advice - buy them on NFL Ticket Exchange through ticketmaster or buy them through Stubhub. You may pay a little more but it eliminates the stress and uncertainty of having to worry about getting a ticket right before the game

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
daveCFPrez":2cpmf2la said:
onanygivensunday":2cpmf2la said:

:lol:

Dream on.

Only game where that may be the case will be Friday's. Otherwise you're not getting them for face value if they are real tickets.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Apparently there are quite a bunch of people who hang out at the bars prior to the game, then during kick off or even mid way through first quarter find the scalpers. Thats when you get good deals on tickets, perhaps face, perhaps less. Only thing is now you are missing all the opening stuff, rushing to a seat (probably going to miss the second portion of the first quarter), and of course you have to be willing to take a single seat in the middle of wherever. But if you want to go to a Hawks game for cheap, this probably your best bet.

I'm a STH and it's the same scalpers outside just about every game. They just like StubHub are a business. It does them no favors screwing over a random guy selling a fake, since they plan to be out there for just about every Seattle sports game MLB, Soccer and NFL.

Another best bet is, as soon as you find a scalper out there you like (basically didn't screw you over). Get his business card (yup!), and find him for future games.

Now the only issue with all the above though is...you again take a gamble, with any scalper, you COULD get completely screwed over. You also COULD not get tickets period (the guy won't go down that much or at all) or if the game is big enough perhaps all the scalpers really do sell out, and then you gotta find a bar with some space for you to catch the game on TV.

I went to the Super Bowl and there were supposedly people who did the above and got tickets for less than face value. BUT that's a major gamble they took, not one I was willing to take at least (I wasn't flying over without a ticket in hand).

BocciHawk

Reaction score
daveCFPrez":2qcj6p9l said:
onanygivensunday":2qcj6p9l said:

Wrong. Scalping is legal in Seattle. It's illegal to sell tickets (at any price) near the stadiums.

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/basebal ... 212870.php

I personally would never buy a ticket from any of these resellers near the stadiums. They are providing a service, true, but the way they make money is by paying face value or less to people who are on the way into a game and had a last minute cancellation or similar, and then demanding a premium above face value from anyone who wants to buy a ticket.

There are usually a few civilians wandering around with extras... if you are buying before the game, in the parking lot or around the stadiums, I'd look for these guys, not the ones with giant sheafs of tickets.

Once the game has started, drive a hard bargain...

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I would avoid the Hassle and get them on nfl ticket exchange. I am a bit cautious about buying seats on the street