Bucky Brooks article on why Seahawks offense set for growth

kpak76

Reaction score
rideaducati":26ouzzg8 said:
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=4816051&src=desktop

He doesn't mention Pete. How can the offense expand when the coaching is so bad?

Chadiha is a HUGE tool. He knows squat about football other than what he sees on the box scores. His opinions are about as right as often as a broken clock.

He has slammed the Hawks over and over and over again. Once in a while he praises the Hawks then next week he slams them with another piece. He is by definition a talking mouth with no brains attached. He is after only one thing with his articles and thats to get clicks from people who agree with the title.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":31ri6n26 said:
Wilson will win MVP

Very real possibility. In the limited action we've been privy to, it appears our boy has taken his game up a notch. His confidence is off the charts and he's in complete control of our now very dynamic offense. The non-TD to Baldwin down was absolutely epic. RW made it all look like kid's play.

A healthy Harvin opens up so many options and RW has the football smarts to exploit them all. Even in what we refer to as a run first O, as of this writing, I think RW's chances are as good as anyone's at MVP. Game 1 provides the perfect scenario for the launching of his campaign. I hope Pete seizes the opportunity and lets him light it up against perennial MVP candidate Rodgers. "Go Hawks".

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Bucky Brooks posits that five-wide sets get defenders out of the box and spread the field enough that a shorter QB like Russell Wilson has it easier when reviewing the field (more passing lanes).

First, this at least partially explains the five-wide sets that we saw a lot on third-and-short last year. Combine the creation of passing lanes with the fact that we couldn't run the ball effectively on third-and-three-or-less last year anyway, and those 5WR sets make more sense.

Second, it was harder to run 5WRs without Percy Harvin. I liked having Lynch in on third-and-three-or-less because that leaves a legitimate PA fake. If Harvin stays healthy, you replace the threat of the run with Lynch with the threat of, say, a bubble screen with Harvin.

I feel much more comfortable about running 5WR sets this year because of Harvin.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I recall them pointing out all the optoins on the third and short play when you motion Harvin out to take a bubble screen, can hand off inside, or Wilson keeps it and bootlegs. Just thinking of the possibilities of that play is exciting

razor150

Reaction score
rideaducati":128wrzxc said:
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=4816051&src=desktop

He doesn't mention Pete. How can the offense expand when the coaching is so bad?

Meh. Most of us here believed the same thing, me being one of them. I don't see why some feel the need to keep reposting that article.

GoHawks":128wrzxc said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...eattle-seahawks-offense-primed-for-big-season

Check out Davis Hsu's tweets for follow-up to plays mentioned in BB's article

‏@DavisHsuSeattle

With how bad the oline is I am not holding my breath for this to happen.