Ticket prices

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
I want to come up and either see the Cardinals or the Niners get beat, and I was wondering where the best place to find tickets is. I will be needing 2, and cannot spend more than abput $1200 for the pair. I looked at ticket liquidators and the prices are all over the place, with some people asking for $500 each in the upper nosebleeds.

Do prices stabilize once the season starts, or does it just get worse? This will be my first trip since the Kingdome was replaced, adn I want it to be a good experience.

Thanks

Hawks46

Reaction score
I've found that pricing varies, mostly depending on what the opponent is, and honestly, what the weather will be like.

If it's nasty....rainy and windy, lots of folks decide to sell their tickets. Typically I've found that tickets get cheaper closer to game time; people stick to their prices they want months out because they're not in danger of not selling the tickets, but I understand that when you're planning a trip you don't want to show up without tickets in hand.

Best prices I've ever gotten were generosity from folks here at .Net. The few times I bought tickets from folks here, I was never disappointed and it's fun to meet the folks when you get a chance as well. It helps to have a network.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Ticketexchange on ticketmaster is a good place to get tickets

AgentDib

Reaction score
Most avenues of sale carry a small level of risk. Season ticket holders can always revoke and re-issue new barcodes from their tickets on the Ticketmaster website, so if you are buying from some anonymous person on craigslist there is always a chance they could deactivate and resell your tickets to somebody else before the game.

TicketExchange has a strong benefit in that it new sets of barcodes when you purchase tickets. That makes it zero risk because those tickets become completely locked to you, if you lose them you can just print them off the website again and nobody can revoke the barcodes on you. I find that prices are slightly higher than the other outlets on average because of this protection.

StubHub does not issue new barcodes but they do fully guarantee tickets. There's a small chance that you wouldn't be enter the stadium but you would be refunded for the tickets - and because that would come from the seller the incentive for the seller is mostly removed. We typically use StubHub for road games because we can usually get better seats for the same price. We have never had a problem but there is still a (very small) risk involved.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
lol I'd sell u my nosebleed sideline niner tickets for $1200

pmedic920

Reaction score
I travel from Texas to see games, some home some away.
With all the other expenses involved it's worth the piece of mind to spend the extra at Ticket exchange or Stubhub. Unless you know the person you are buying from, IMHO it the safest way. I'm very OCD about having things planed out and in order, so I don't worry much about the ticks going up or down a few bucks. Buy'em when you see'em if they are what you want. They may be gone 5 mins later, it's happened to me more than once.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I find it seems to vary a lot this time of year. Frankly at this moment most of the universe isn't paying attention to the NFL. Typically what I see is that the moment we get to Labor Day and people are thinking about back to school, they realize that fall is coming, and football is coming. If anything, I think ticket prices over the first few weeks of the season tend to go up as people who don't follow the sport in the off season get excited and buy tickets. They usually don't plan ahead and want to see a game right away so you end up with strong demand for the first few weeks. That and good weather helps.

If the team does well and shows signs of repeating, prices could go through the roof.

If the team struggles or is meh, or a key player or two is injured, prices could go down.

I agree that when you get into mid to late November and further down the season, prices can be a bit weather dependent, but that's only a few days out, when you see people getting worried about being stuck with tickets because of bad weather.

If it were me, the Cardinals tickets are decently cheap right now, I'd probably just buy a pair of those, and I'd do it soon. I suspect prices will go up in the short term as the September and October games sell hard in the coming couple of weeks.