heath farwell article

drdiags

Reaction score
Like Farwell a lot. Tough part about the NFL life-cycle is the passing of the torch from the vet to the younger player. The vets today are getting phased out a few years earlier than they did back in the 70's and 80's. Used to see a lot of 35 yr old DBs, LBs and DL and OL players. The only players currently that seem to go forever are QBs.

Good luck Heath. $800K is an enticing reward for letting him walk. Losing MRob and Heath is going to impact Special teams. Next guy up better be ready. Plus a some of the current Special teams stars (Lane, Morgan etc) are hitting their last year. Should be interesting seeing how special teams look this year. It has been a strength.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
drdiags":29p67iq9 said:
Like Farwell a lot. Tough part about the NFL life-cycle is the passing of the torch from the vet to the younger player. The vets today are getting phased out a few years earlier than they did back in the 70's and 80's. Used to see a lot of 35 yr old DBs, LBs and DL and OL players. The only players currently that seem to go forever are QBs.

Good luck Heath. $800K is an enticing reward for letting him walk. Losing MRob and Heath is going to impact Special teams. Next guy up better be ready. Plus a some of the current Special teams stars (Lane, Morgan etc) are hitting their last year. Should be interesting seeing how special teams look this year. It has been a strength.

I didn't think Mike Rob played special teams last year.

If he did it was only for 9 games and he made 1 tackle....pretty sure it wont impact us much.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Younger, faster, stronger, hungrier, cheaper.....Yea, I can see Coyle taking over now.
Farwell has earned his money, and has had a pretty good 10 Year run, and to top it all off? a Super Bowl RING.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
If we do release him he'll catch on somewhere else. There is always a need for ST studs that can bring the thump, and I doubt his game has diminished much, if any.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Sad but at the same time he's man enough to admit the passing of the torch, and I love that he compared Croyle to a younger version of himself because that's pretty much what I see in Croyle too. A young Heath Farwell but maybe with more potential as a LBer.

I think if cut Farwell will have a strong chance to catch on with the Jags... Bradley loves our D-Players especially ones that can also provide a quality leadership role for his team. However, once Farwell retires, I would love to see him come back here and get a chance to be an assistant with the Seahawks. Then have that opportunity blossom into a long coaching career. It would not surprise me if that offer is on the table already.

This is Heath is definately a lot more lovable than the other Heath.