It's great to be Champs

chris98251

Reaction score
Well it's getting closer to the actual start of the new season, if the last 4 years have not been satisfying enough step back and think about things. We had Ruskell and Mora, The media laughed at us, the experts and Pundits laughed and joked about all our moves and drafts, other teams took us for granted and put a W in the record for the season against us, the league didn't listen to anything we had to say and were wondering why they had a team in the farthest corner of the country away from their darling franchises that was a hardship for those teams to travel to and recover from.

Look at us now, Super Bowl Champs, we have Pete and John Schneider running the show, The Media hates us, we take everything they say and prove them wrong and make them look pedestrian, 90 percent of all the experts and pundits can't predict what we are going to do on draft day or game day and we make them look like idiots and they hate us. Other teams and their fans despise us, we play to hard and are too tough, we need to change the rules to compete with Seattle, they have fans that are obnoxious because they cheer to loud and can influence games, not just at the Clink but now on the road. The league hates us because we dominate the media market we are in and take news stories away from the East coast, we have Richard Sherman who when he speaks everyone listens and reacts taking attention away fro the more glorified experts figureheads in Peyton Manning, Jerry Jones, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady etc.Nobody can win and Seattle and it ruins our ratings because they blow teams up. It's different when the Broncos do it because Peyton Manning is our poster boy and he needs air time. Seattle keeps stealing his thunder.

It will be interesting to see how things are spun this year, it won't be easy, but we never expect anything to come easy in Seattle, but this team, these Seahawks, they relish a challenge and they step up to the task.

Here's to more hate!!!!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Brings a tear to the eye...Thanks man..... :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :179417:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
absofrigginlutely!!

I love it as well. :th2thumbs:

One of my favorite quotes... maybe from Steve Young... For those who haven't noticed it, Seattle has been building this bully for the past several years.

DAMN, it sure feels good being the bully of the NFL block for a change,

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I thought Leiweke's hire of Pete Carrol smacked of flippant desperation. Now I salute it as the best move in franchise history. Too bad the man's first love is hockey, but I am damn greatful!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":13uo2ppq said:
I thought Leiweke's hire of Pete Carrol smacked of flippant desperation. Now I salute it as the best move in franchise history. Too bad the man's first love is hockey, but I am damn greatful!
I'd like to know what % was Todd and what % was Paul in making the decision to extend the HC job to Pete... and how the negotiation went that resulted in Pete have the last say over the GM, whose position was open at the time.

I hope that one day Pete will divulge those details.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":sf04yyp3 said:
Well it's getting closer to the actual start of the new season, if the last 4 years have not been satisfying enough step back and think about things. We had Ruskell and Mora, The media laughed at us, the experts and Pundits laughed and joked about all our moves and drafts, other teams took us for granted and put a W in the record for the season against us, the league didn't listen to anything we had to say and were wondering why they had a team in the farthest corner of the country away from their darling franchises that was a hardship for those teams to travel to and recover from.

Look at us now, Super Bowl Champs, we have Pete and John Schneider running the show, The Media hates us, we take everything they say and prove them wrong and make them look pedestrian, 90 percent of all the experts and pundits can't predict what we are going to do on draft day or game day and we make them look like idiots and they hate us. Other teams and their fans despise us, we play to hard and are too tough, we need to change the rules to compete with Seattle, they have fans that are obnoxious because they cheer to loud and can influence games, not just at the Clink but now on the road. The league hates us because we dominate the media market we are in and take news stories away from the East coast, we have Richard Sherman who when he speaks everyone listens and reacts taking attention away fro the more glorified experts figureheads in Peyton Manning, Jerry Jones, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady etc.Nobody can win and Seattle and it ruins our ratings because they blow teams up. It's different when the Broncos do it because Peyton Manning is our poster boy and he needs air time. Seattle keeps stealing his thunder.

It will be interesting to see how things are spun this year, it won't be easy, but we never expect anything to come easy in Seattle, but this team, these Seahawks, they relish a challenge and they step up to the task.

Here's to more hate!!!!
Nice!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Nice post. I'd agree on the irony of going from ambivalence/indifference about us to hate/dislike, but I'm going to disagree with you about the media.

They love us. Sherman is a great interview; he's the perfect media magnet. Love him or hate him, people pay attention to him. We have Wilson, who is emerging with his personality, but he's still a salt of the earth kinda guy that says all the right things...a poster boy. Carroll has always done well and attracted the media since his USC days. They like him for sure.

Regional and other teams' local media ? Well, they're usually homers and don't like anyone that consistently pounds their team. Of course we're going to get hate from homers, of any ilk.

For the fans, well fans are fickle, fanatical (thus the name), and emotional. People love winners (how many fans did the Pats have before they started winning?) so all the hate spewed about 'bandwagon" fans is irrelavent. All SB winners get bandwagon fans.

I do relish being the team with the most feared defense. It's something I've waited for the entire time I've been a Seahawk fan.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
I was in Florida this May were i ran into about 10 Seahawk fans at Sea World , also one of there employees there saw my Seahawk super bowl champion shirt , She Jokingly would not let me into the Penguin cave, she is from Denver .

WORLD CHAMPIONS HAS A NICE RING TO IT