Jerruh Jones blames Hawks....

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Shots fired:

“We were apprised that some of these penalties that we’ve decided to make a point of emphasis in the league during the preseason are there to let the teams get ready for a real message that we intend to make an issue of defensive back holding,” said (Jerry) Jones to Shan & RJ on 105.3 The Fan Tuesday.

“It came about from Seattle, who basically played a style that would risk a holding penalty as opposed to not having an aggressive defender back there. That got a lot of complaints and you’re seeing it reflected during the preseason.”

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
Loved the part about " aggressive defender". That right there explains a ton about the cowpatties defensive philosophies. Also explains why there one of the worst defenses. Jerruh dumped all his money on the offensive side because that's how you win now...well, not the past now but the now NOW.

sutz

Reaction score
Except that in our pre-season games, it was the other teams that got penalized for most of the DH and PI calls.

;)

kpak76

Reaction score
sutz":33g2ru52 said:
Except that in our pre-season games, it was the other teams that got penalized for most of the DH and PI calls.

;)

Dont forget when they where reviewing plays to decide if this new rule is going to take effect not a single film they watched was a Hawk play. They are calling it the LOB rule because its popular, not because the LOB actually effected if this rule will be instilled!

:x :x

Seafan

Reaction score
If anyone is upset about the flags they should blame these guys:

Rich McKay (Atlanta Falcons)
- Jeff Fisher (St. Louis Rams)
- Stephen Jones (Dallas Cowboys)
- Marvin Lewis (Cincinnati Bengals)
- John Mara (New York Giants)
- Mark Murphy (Green Bay Packers)
- Ozzie Newsome (Baltimore Ravens)
- Rick Smith (Houston Texans)
- Mike Tomlin (Pittsburgh Steelers)

They are the NFL Competition Committee. They insisted on the POE.

Notice that Stephen Jones is part of this. So the Jones aren't happy with just wrecking the Cowboys they must also try to wreck the entire league. Nimrods.

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
Maybe it's a preemptive strike by the NFL to warn other teams it's not about grabbing and holding? I see all the other fanbases bitching about the Hawks secondary, but I honestly don't see what there talking about. Keeping in mind once the QB is outside the pocket EVERY receiver is considered a blocker, I just haven't seen it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rich McKay (Atlanta Falcons) Who played against and basically shut down Roddy White.
- Jeff Fisher (St. Louis Rams) Division Coach who we shut down the passing and running game on and Tatered as well.
- Stephen Jones (Dallas Cowboys) Who we embarrased here the season before last and had the Lee hit on.
- Marvin Lewis (Cincinnati Bengals)
- John Mara (New York Giants) Who we emabarrased last season and got what 6 picks on Eli, this is Goodells favorite franchise.
- Mark Murphy (Green Bay Packers) Emaculate interception, enough said and all those Sacks on Rogers.
- Ozzie Newsome (Baltimore Ravens)
- Rick Smith (Houston Texans) Team we came from behiond on with a Sherman interception, the last game that anyone had any respect for the Texans before they took their dive.
- Mike Tomlin (Pittsburgh Steelers)

I just added the comments, most the teams I added them to have a axe to grind with us for a number of reasons. Just find it interesting that so many are on this commitee.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Where the NFL is negligent, imo, is they haven't cited the reasons for the point of emphasis... at least I haven't read/seen it.

What I'm talking about is... there's a fair bit of press now that Seattle is responsible for it.. and in the absence of the NFL coming out and telling the world why, those blaming Seattle appear to be correct.

The NFL should be VERY specific about why the point of emphasis was made... and stop this speculative nonsense that Seattle is responsible for it.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Week 5 of last year:

Broncos 51
Cowboys 48

Let that sink in, because that's the NFL people like Jerry want. Scary that he's an owner.

Rainger

Reaction score
NFL = Nonsensical Flag League. OR with the emphasis on throwing flags at everything, then maybe it really is becoming the " National FIXED League" where they can use penalties to decide who they and Vegas want as the winners.

The Seahawks will overcome. Throw your dammed flags to try to get your buddies to win. The Hawks will still beat you.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sutz":12nofmut said:

;)
That be E-ZACK-LEE right, and to throw another slap to Jerry's face... That penalty on Simon wasn't a penalty at all, and in fact, it was a physical, yet finesse play by Simon that should have bolstered the Seahawks another 7 points, and detracted 7 from the Bolts.
Jerry is going to run out of excuses for why the Cowboys have been sucking so bad for the last 20 Years, when all he'd have to do, is hire someone to run things in the RIGHT direction, and then just sit his sniveling rich butt down.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
The Seahawks and specifically the LOB are literally changing the landscape of the NFL, it really is amazing.

The rest of NFL:
baby-crying-o.gif

Hendo66

Reaction score
All this bitching and moaning from the rest of the league is just more ammo for the Hawks to kick more ass again this season.

BBlades89

Reaction score
Wasn't it Jerry who instructed Kiffin before last year to watch Hawks' tape & try to emulate their style?

kearly

Reaction score
Personally, I hope they keep bitching loudly about the new NFL landscape. Enough of it and the NFL might actually come to their senses a bit.