Seahawks fan base barely makes NFL top 10

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The joke has always been the crappier the city the more rabid the fans, because those cities NEED sports to take their minds off their own horrible lives.

Packer fans are great, but sorry, what the hell else are you going to do in a god forsaken wasteland like Green Bay?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
hard to top 'best fans' when the team is publicly owned.

Speaking of he Packers getting owned, two more weeks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3rxw4cgy said:
Lost all respect for Packers fans after the way they reacted to Golden Tate's amazing touchdown catch to end the MNF game in Seattle two seasons ago. Being pissed at a controversial decision that cost your team a game is one thing. Spewing hateful racist remarks at golden Tate for making a phenomenal play is entirely another. Packers ain't shit and their fans ain't shit.

I don't remember any racist stuff.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Seems like every time some fans don't like another team or player, it just takes one idiot fan to say something 'racist' and then the whole fan base is suddenly 'racist'.

Redskins fans still call us 'racist' and 'horrible fans' because somewhere at some point some troll went on their forums or something and said something ignorant and racist about Sean Taylor.

I just prefer to refrain from that kind of nonsense, unless there's some kind of proof that the Green Bay fan base is predominantly racist?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2kskhwhg said:
Seems like every time some fans don't like another team or player, it just takes one idiot fan to say something 'racist' and then the whole fan base is suddenly 'racist'.

Redskins fans still call us 'racist' and 'horrible fans' because somewhere at some point some troll went on their forums or something and said something ignorant and racist about Sean Taylor.

I just prefer to refrain from that kind of nonsense, unless there's some kind of proof that the Green Bay fan base is predominantly racist?

I agree totally, and if we're ranking coolness of fanbases, Green Bay fans are some of the coolest and nicest in the nation.

Of course there are the idiot minority of fans that troll the forums, but midwestern teams seem to have the nicest fans IMO, and GB's one of those fanbases that I generally get along with.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Every Packer fan I've met has been awesome. (shrug)

The Seahawks have a great fan base, unfortunately (or maybe fortunately depending on how you look at it) a lot of people have recently bandwagoned the team. So I can see where we would barely crack the Top 10

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
For me I just dislike Washington, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Oakland, and the Giants as fanbases. Never had problems with any others and it makes sense to me that Green Bay's fanbase would be number 1. They're nice and knowledgable in real life outside the online stuff.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2omzonc0 said:
Roland can back me up here, but Golden's twitter account was blown up by Packer fans throwing out the n-word like it was confetti. He received death threats, threats of violence against him, all of it. It was really really dumb.

Also, Hawknballs, your avatar is fantastic.

That's the internet though, not the fan base. The internet is full of people who can fire and forget any remark they could ever fantasize about having, and they will get immediate feedback in the form of attention good or bad.

It's just way too easy to condemn an entire fan base by such a thing.

It's like last year when Bowman was being carted off and a few pieces of popcorn fell on him. Whether it was thrown or simply dropped by fans leaning over, we won't know - but ask anyone and Seahawks fans are all classless trash who throw food at injured players. Because a couple popcorn kernels dropped onto his cart. Mainly because it was so easy to go online and read a few things and assume the worst.

And thanks! Took a lot to "unseat" Tori Black's butt cheeks but the belly roll prevails.

253hawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":335obvr6 said:
It's like last year when Bowman was being carted off and a few pieces of popcorn fell on him. Whether it was thrown or simply dropped by fans leaning over, we won't know - but ask anyone and Seahawks fans are all classless trash who throw food at injured players. Because a couple popcorn kernels dropped onto his cart. Mainly because it was so easy to go online and read a few things and assume the worst.

Another forum I frequent is having its annual 'douche of the year' voting contest with the nominees being anything football or media-related to football. 'The 12th Man' made it to round two largely because of the huge bandwagon movement (really, it happens with any team in any sport that wins a non-sequential chamionship) and the half-dozen pieces of popcorn that hit Bowman (a witness said it fell out of a kid's bag that was leaning over the rail for a better look but who knows.) So, yeah. Basically tons of people hate us because of what one person supposedly did despite any evidence of them actually doing so. Sports fans are the worst.

Anyway, the 12's lost in the second round (barely) to the Tampa Bay PD for its handling of the Jameis Winston rape incident.

kearly

Reaction score
Forbes is probably basing their list off of stadium sellouts and merchandise sales, rather than a more subjective rankings over who are actually the best fans.

Hard to top GB as they've sold out every game since the 1960's in one of the NFL's smallest markets. They are also #1 in social media popularity.

I am surprised that KC didn't make the list.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kearly":2y01m9g8 said:
Forbes is probably basing their list off of stadium sellouts and merchandise sales, rather than a more subjective rankings over who are actually the best fans.

Hard to top GB as they've sold out every game since the 1960's in one of the NFL's smallest markets. They are also #1 in social media popularity.

The Forbes rankings were based on the hometown crowd reach, social media reach based on the area's population and three years' worth of Nielsen television ratings, stadium capacity percentage and merchandise sales via NFLShop.com.

Of course GB would be #1 when 90% of a population of 100,000 citizens are into the football team.

dusktreader

Reaction score
kearly":34m1bs4f said:
Forbes is probably basing their list off of stadium sellouts and merchandise sales, rather than a more subjective rankings over who are actually the best fans...They are also #1 in social media popularity.

This is exactly right. The article even shows the criteria. It's based on merch, attendance, national audience, social media, etc.

The Seahawks have not been nationally popular for very long, so it's understandable, given the way they rated fan-bases, that we would not be on top. However, attend one game at C-link, and you won't be left wondering who has the best fans in NFL football.

:thirishdrinkers:

CANHawk

Reaction score
W
Sgt. Largent":2e0062br said:
kearly":2e0062br said:

The Forbes rankings were based on the hometown crowd reach, social media reach based on the area's population and three years' worth of Nielsen television ratings, stadium capacity percentage and merchandise sales via NFLShop.com.

Of course GB would be #1 when 90% of a population of 100,000 citizens are into the football team.
Lol. And the other 10% are ON the team.

Podunkiest town in the league by far...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Top 4 fanbases (GB, DEN, NE, NO) have the 4 best QBs over the last 3 years (the sample period).

Gee, you think that might affect their TV ratings and their social media presence? How do you not notice that trend and try to account for it before publishing your results.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
PACKERS THE BEST FANS ? I can understand were they come from the history etc, but who set the loudest stadium noise in the world last year ? enough said.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":w2zhdq0l said:
Top 4 fanbases (GB, DEN, NE, NO) have the 4 best QBs over the last 3 years (the sample period).

Gee, you think that might affect their TV ratings and their social media presence? How do you not notice that trend and try to account for it before publishing your results.

To be fair, GB has ALWAYS had a huge fanbase, even through the lean times of the 70's and 80's.

NE is absolutely NOT a good fanbase, they couldn't have given a crap about the Pats until Brady came along, then they all pulled hamstrings jumping on that bandwagon.........and after Brady and Belicheat retire they'll all go back to swinging from the Red Sox pubes and ignore the Pats as they resume their mediocre 7-9 records.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
We will Shoot up that list,

solely based on the reception committee that greeted the Team coming home after the Superbowl.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Am I the only one here who isn't upset about this? The Seahawks haven't exactly been a national team well..ever. And we're in the top10. So why are people upset? It's actually kind of exciting.

Now if they said we were barely in the top10 for stadiums with HFA that would be a different story.

the details:
Hometown Crowd Rank: 12
- How many of us know a large number of people in the city/state who just jumped on the second the Hawks made it to the playoffs. I'm sure that's not an issue for teams like the Patriots, GB, etc.

TV Audience Rank: 4
- We're a small market team, so this is impressive.

Stadium Attendance Rank: 1
-#1, heck yeah

Social Media Rank: 10
- Again we're a small market team, so 10 is fine given we can probably thank Richard Sherman for most of it.

Merchandise Rank: 5
- Small market team being #5 in merchandise, that's freaking awesome.